Kenna speeding fine in Australia....how

S2077s

So now we know which is the fine country between Oz and us.

I exceed 10 km/h on the PIE and I didn't get fined 

:D

↡ Advertisement

I received a credit card charge for 2 consecutive months of AUD20+ & 30+ from Hertz so I sent an email to enquire since I have already paid in cash when I returned the car at the airport.

Then they told me I din pay toll & also got a summon & that AUD30+ is their admin charges for summon, the AUD20+ is for the toll. That's when I enquired in details where & when I got the summon & the toll.....

Excess of 6km/hr only how come so heavy fine??

Google their laws and see if the fine is really so heavy or not lor.

If yes, then suck thumb and pay up.

Some countries calculate the fine amount based on your income, maybe you itchy backside and declared a high income to them somewhere in your doc submission.

Edited by Kusje

I received a credit card charge for 2 consecutive months of AUD20+ & 30+ from Hertz so I sent an email to enquire since I have already paid in cash when I returned the car at the airport.

Then they told me I din pay toll & also got a summon & that AUD30+ is their admin charges for summon, the AUD20+ is for the toll. That's when I enquired in details where & when I got the summon & the toll.....

Excess of 6km/hr only how come so heavy fine??

probably a penalty for no payment within the first due date (due date should be 28 days after the issue date according to the website), did Hertz inform you of the fine? this letter was dated in November should be a reminder with penalty.

if not you can appeal saying you did not received the first summon letter (if the speeding was captured from the speed camera).

probably a penalty for no payment within the first due date (due date should be 28 days after the issue date according to the website), did Hertz inform you of the fine? this letter was dated in November should be a reminder with penalty.

if not you can appeal saying you did not received the first summon letter (if the speeding was captured from the speed camera).

There was nothing from Hertz until I check back regarding the charges from them in my credit card. I have sent an email to Victoria Police, hopefully is a scam or something....

Btw, do AU cars got a transponder or something like our IU for paying tolls etc? How come I was not informed when renting the car?? And I don't remember crossing any toll gantries, how come also tio toll charges.

Google their laws and see if the fine is really so heavy or not lor.

If yes, then suck thumb and pay up.

Some countries calculate the fine amount based on your income, maybe you itchy backside and declared a high income to them somewhere in your doc submission.

this is what I found...dunno how to derive to my amount....

Penalties for speeding offences (except heavy vehicles)

The penalties for full licence holders caught speeding are:

Exceeding the speed limit

Penalty (as at 1 July 2016)

Demerit points

Automatic licencesuspension

By less than 10 km/h

$194

10 km/h–24 km/h

$311

25 km/h–29 km/h

$428

1 month

30 km/h–34 km/h

$505

1 month

35 km/h–39 km/h

$583

6 months

40 km/h–44 km/h

$661

6 months

By 45 km/h or more

$777

12 months

Source: http://www.camerassavelives.vic.gov.au/home/fines+and+penalties/fine+amounts/#takenoaction

On holiday in Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney all of November.

On talking to taxi drivers after first car hire they said how strict Aus speeding laws are and how heavy the fines.

Then talked to Budget people when hiring second car and they reiterated how careful you have to be driving in Aus.

I know I broke limit during first hire and I suspect I broke Highway code during second hire.

6 weeks or so since completing hires but I still not sure I won't receive summons.

When in Spain during summer I received a speeding notification through my car hirers, Europcar, two months after event.

So until at least 6 months is up I still wonder if I'll receive summons from Aus.

Oh and Aus hire cars do have widget for paying tolls.

Not many tolls on Aus roads  and they vary from state to state.

Edited by Neutrino

There was nothing from Hertz until I check back regarding the charges from them in my credit card. I have sent an email to Victoria Police, hopefully is a scam or something....

Btw, do AU cars got a transponder or something like our IU for paying tolls etc? How come I was not informed when renting the car?? And I don't remember crossing any toll gantries, how come also tio toll charges.

THe website show they also use something like the ERP gantry and the toll charge link to an account which i believe under the car rental accounts hence they bill you for it.

From your checks, the fine shouldn't be that much.

Most likely a compounded amount for not paying up on time. Can appeal and say no notice was given to you until now.

Penalties for speeding offences (except heavy vehicles)

The penalties for full licence holders caught speeding are:

Exceeding the speed limit

Penalty (as at 1 July 2016)

Demerit points

Automatic licencesuspension

By less than 10 km/h

$194

10 km/h–24 km/h

$311

25 km/h–29 km/h

$428

1 month

30 km/h–34 km/h

$505

1 month

35 km/h–39 km/h

$583

6 months

40 km/h–44 km/h

$661

6 months

By 45 km/h or more

$777

12 months

Source: http://www.camerassavelives.vic.gov.au/home/fines+and+penalties/fine+amounts/#takenoaction

Really face palm!!

https://www.citylink.com.au/

Who ask you to use toll road w/o e-TAGS?

Bro, i ignorant mah, first time driving in AU

You have my sympathies, but if you ever wish to visit Oz again, I would suggest you don't skip on this..

I have always enjoyed my time there, and there are many new things to see...

anyone who thinks he really dont know... are all too kind...

how to kenna so many tickets on one trip?

basically.. every driver slows down.. he zooms tru..

everyone dutifully drop to speed limit.. he hero and laugh at other's ''stupidity''

now.. i will offer no comforting words..

ORBIGOOD on ur 820AUD

I really dont know, ASS HOLE!

I really dont know, ASS HOLE!

Postings

• Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, violent, abusive, threatening and harassing comments will not be allowed.
  • Respect the viewpoints of others, even if you may not agree with them. Agree to disagree.
  • No profanity or obscenities of any kind.
  • No personal attacks on other users.

ORBIGOOD.. BYE BYE  :XD:

You have my sympathies, but if you ever wish to visit Oz again, I would suggest you don't skip on this..

I have always enjoyed my time there, and there are many new things to see...

The penalty was subsequently reduced to AUD260 then I wrote in to appeal again and then they withdraw the fine totally...

God Bless Australia!

:a-good:

• Praise 1

Descendants of convicts make the best revenue generation officers. Stealing from people is in their blood.

The penalty was subsequently reduced to AUD260 then I wrote in to appeal again and then they withdraw the fine totally...

God Bless Australia!

please save a copy and print out on your passport. Scan one copy on your phone and park it on the cloud.

I know of people who upon arrival get hold at customs for 5 years ago traffic offense.

• Praise 1

God Bless Australia!

OK. I hope they will be reasonable too.

I got a parking ticket when i went to freemantle maritime museum. Couldn't buy any parking there as the parking machine was temporarily out of order. Saw some cars put a piece of paper explaining that so we did the same - and got a ticket...

wrote in once, took them 2 mth to reply said rejected, but the reason was we need to pay for parking... which wasn't addressing our explanation that we wanted to pay but machine spoilt... so we wrote in again. now wait again for further response. Looks like they also as idle as our govt people - never review properly one... even got attached photo to show machine LCD said it's out of order, also anyhow reply us...

(edited)

God Bless Australia!

So can share what is your actual speeding offence?

OK just saw you old post

Limit was 100, you hit 109

They estimate you at 106.

Shouldn't that be within the 10% tolerance?

Edited by Atonchia
↡ Advertisement