Kenna speeding fine in Australia....how

S2077s

Turbocharged

The penalty was subsequently reduced to AUD260 then I wrote in to appeal again and then they withdraw the fine totally...

God Bless Australia!

:a-good:

Usually they give chance to tourist and rental cars..

↡ Advertisement

I am glad the affair is over, and you can continue to visit this wonderful country. 

Not worth it to miss Oz just for a few hundred bucks.

Remember, each country has it's rules and it's behoven on us to know and obey these rules.

Just as we sometimes curse and mock M'sian brothers for doing the wrong thing, we do not want the locals there to deride us as lousy drivers who, park all over, kill their locals with reckless driving, can't handle big cars and do illegal stuff like u-turns or wrong right turns etc  [drivingcar]

Edited by therock

I am glad the affair is over, and you can continue to visit this wonderful country.

Not worth it to miss Oz just for a few hundred bucks.

Remember, each country has it's rules and it's behoven on us to know and obey these rules.

Just as we sometimes curse and mock M'sian brothers for doing the wrong thing, we do not want the locals there to deride us as lousy drivers who, park all over, kill their locals with reckless driving, can't handle big cars and do illegal stuff like u-turns or wrong right turns etc [drivingcar]

At the end I still need to pay $900

So can share what is your actual speeding offence?

OK just saw you old post

Limit was 100, you hit 109

They estimate you at 106.

Shouldn't that be within the 10% tolerance?

No tolerance in Australia...

So can share what is your actual speeding offence?

OK just saw you old post

Limit was 100, you hit 109

They estimate you at 106.

Shouldn't that be within the 10% tolerance?

I don't think we can apply what we feel should be in SG to the Aussies..

If you get fined on a public holiday, it can be double points and they can ask you to leave your car right there, in the middle of nowhere..

So be careful and find out the rules of the land...

I don't know the exact circumstances, but when I was studying and working there, the police were actually friendly and reasonable.

The cameras on the hand are merciless.

I don't think we can apply what we feel should be in SG to the Aussies..

If you get fined on a public holiday, it can be double points and they can ask you to leave your car right there, in the middle of nowhere..

So be careful and find out the rules of the land...

I don't know the exact circumstances, but when I was studying and working there, the police were actually friendly and reasonable.

The cameras on the hand are merciless.

I think different state have different tolerance?

Or could be I mixed up already.

Think I was lucky not to get speeding ticket.

The amount definitely will be very hefty.

The avg speed I went on long straight rural road was 140+ during road trip.

But I stick to the advisory speed at bends and legal limits passing through towns & schools crossing.

Also stick to speed limit at city highways, urban roads.

As well as near state border.

• Praise 1

That's what I understand.

1kph over is still a fine.

Not to mention, you think they pang chance like SG? 500m before reaching camera zone, got signs telling you traffic camera zone approaching. Speed camera make bright orange and so many signs put up beforehand. Over there they hide in unmarked vehicles along the side of the highway and snipe you from inside. You won't even know they were there.

At the end I still need to pay $900

Next time, find out things to note before you go and do something outside your own country. Save yourself from the kpkb and emotional distress and wallet pain.

As they say, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

• Praise 1

Next time, find out things to note before you go and do something outside your own country. Save yourself from the kpkb and emotional distress and wallet pain.

As they say, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

precisely... i find the act of pleading ignorance to be unacceptable... 

in an earlier post i already pointed out....  if you see cars around you... deliberately slowing down...  who would actually still maintain speed?? 

even if before going ... dont know... reach there.. see situation.. still dont know? comeon....  

i use to drive v fast in NSH...  recently.. i see even local cars driving slower... so .. follow suit lor... 

monkey see monkey do...   

• Praise 4

precisely... i find the act of pleading ignorance to be unacceptable... 

in an earlier post i already pointed out....  if you see cars around you... deliberately slowing down...  who would actually still maintain speed?? 

even if before going ... dont know... reach there.. see situation.. still dont know? comeon....  

i use to drive v fast in NSH...  recently.. i see even local cars driving slower... so .. follow suit lor... 

monkey see monkey do...   

Not seng mok then pay till seng mok lor [laugh]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The penalty was subsequently reduced to AUD260 then I wrote in to appeal again and then they withdraw the fine totally...

God Bless Australia!

:a-good:

Bro, can u share how u write your appeal and got it reduced bs subsequently waived? I hVe sent u a pte msg with email address. Hope u can help.

Bro, can u share how u write your appeal and got it reduced bs subsequently waived? I hVe sent u a pte msg with email address. Hope u can help.

I got pm him also, but no reply till today.

Neutral Newbie

I got pm him also, but no reply till today.

Hi bro, ya I PM him too and after no respond I post here hopefully he follows it cos I'm a tech idiot and don't really know how to use forum and I dunno if the pte msg works.

If anyone got success case in reducing or gotten the fine waive pls share.. Hope can save the money and I will go back and sure will spend more in their economy

Not to mention, you think they pang chance like SG? 500m before reaching camera zone, got signs telling you traffic camera zone approaching. Speed camera make bright orange and so many signs put up beforehand. Over there they hide in unmarked vehicles along the side of the highway and snipe you from inside. You won't even know they were there.

Actually they do inform you.....the signs will say you have passed the speed camera. Before that in the evening news, they also inform you on the roads where they are going put up their mobile speed camera. Just that not being a native to the country, you are not familiar with their road names. Better not to speed and keep to the limit, especially near their holiday as their fines and demerit points double during the festive.
↡ Advertisement