Best Roast Duck

Picnic06-Biante15

Twincharged

First time went to Beijing a few weeks ago. Colleagues brought us eat their Beijing roast duck at different restaurants nearly everyday that few days there.

Somehow I don't quite like it... too fat and oily.

Prefer the one in SG I had at the Revolving Restaurant.

Yeah agreed. I prefer local roast ducks and even local Peking duck. Maybe we are all used to having a little more flavor in our food. I find typical northern Chinese food bad.
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

london duck has a very resounding thumbs down from my in laws and my BIL.

All this Irish ducks seems to have smelly karchng. The part near the ass very gamey. Kam roast also the same. Edited by Coltplussport

Duck lose to DXE... But their roast pork belly "sio bak" is good!!

Well, that's the whole point of Peking Duck. Traditionally they are called Peking Stuffed Duck 北京填鴨, because the ducks are force-fed like Foie Gras so you can enjoy the fat. Imagine Foie Gras that is not fat and creamy. 

I avoid Foie Gras at all cost .......  [dead]

• Praise 2

And inhumane.

That's the general belief.

But in the video I've seen of the force feeding all the ducks/geese run to the guy doing the feeding.

Looked like they were enjoying it.

Maybe it was a made for television video.

On the other hand this video is not for the faint hearted.

Peter Egan is a well known television personality in the UK and has been involved with many fine programmes.

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

Agree. But some ppl really think this is one of 2 famous roast duck from london (Four Seasons and Gold Mine).

• Praise 2

Agree. But some ppl really think this is one of 2 famous roast duck from london (Four Seasons and Gold Mine).

I thought tunglok Yihe peking duck is good

That's the general belief.

But in the video I've seen years ago of the force feeding all the ducks/geese run to the guy doing the feeding.

Looked like they were enjoying it.

Maybe it was a made for television video.

On the other hand this video is not for the faint hearted.

Peter Egan is a well known television personality in the UK and has been involved with many fine programmes.

Sorry.

Forgot to link to the cruelly feeding duck video with Peter Egan.  But be warned it's not nice.

• Praise 2

Sorry.

Forgot to link to the cruelly feeding duck video with Peter Egan. But be warned it's not nice.

Wow, really cruel to say the least. Being force fed is not a pleasant experience for sure. Luckily I’m not into foie gras.

• Praise 4

After reading this topic, ordered online 1st time from Duck Master.

Not bad for $16 a bird.

yup not bad for the price n convenience (location-wise).

just need to chop ownself

Wow, really cruel to say the least. Being force fed is not a pleasant experience for sure. Luckily I’m not into foie gras.

I like it [lipsrsealed]

but can't afford it :TT_TT:

Wow, really cruel to say the least. Being force fed is not a pleasant experience for sure. Luckily Iâm not into foie gras.

I am not a big fan of foie gras too but after watching a similar video many years ago, i told myself, no more foie gras. I wont eat it any more , even if just a small single slice