Best Roast Duck

Maxus-MIFA9

i haf to say that the roast duck in SG coffeeshops all not very good leh. So far the better roast ducks i had were all in chinese restaurants.

Lu ya then those roadside stall got some standard !

Sort of agree.

The best roast ducks I have tasted were from a Cantonese (HK) restaurant in Austin.

Another good one was from the Uncle Duck at KL. The ducks served in both restaurants have very crispy skin.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find one back at home.

Best roast duck i had was in toronto chinatown.

Its way better than anything i've eaten here. Its better than even the ones i ate in HK [sweatdrop]

Ha overseas cantonese roast duck always tastes quite good. The london one is supposed to be the gold standard.

↡ Advertisement

Bro, you mean the one at Bukit Batok Blk 109?

Yes, the roast duck there quite good [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Johnson duck opposite Bk Timah Shopping Centre is [thumbsdown] Now operated by our friends from Long Mountain . . . . standard of hygiene is [sweatdrop]

Any idea what is the opening hours and days of the Bukit Batok one? Went there twice but it was always closed.

Best roast duck i had was in toronto chinatown.

Its way better than anything i've eaten here. Its better than even the ones i ate in HK [sweatdrop]

Ha overseas cantonese roast duck always tastes quite good. The london one is supposed to be the gold standard.

You guys got really good experience with overseas roast duck.. I however didn't. Went to the world renoun Quan Ju De peking duck in the suzhou branch. It really makes me miss the roast duck in singapore.

Bro, you mean the one at Bukit Batok Blk 109?

Yes, the roast duck there quite good [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Johnson duck opposite Bk Timah Shopping Centre is [thumbsdown] Now operated by our friends from Long Mountain . . . . standard of hygiene is [sweatdrop]

Change hand again?

kinda like the one at Alexander Point hawker centre, opp Queensway shopping centre. the shop is just next to the famous aovcado juice stall. the roasted ribs is also good. soup is szechuan veg soup

kinda like the one at Alexander Point hawker centre, opp Queensway shopping centre. the shop is just next to the famous aovcado juice stall. the roasted ribs is also good. soup is szechuan veg soup

OK.... first time heard abouty this place..... will try .... [smash]

I like the one at Kitchener Road, its located at the run down shop houses. So far, my cantonese frens all agree the roast duck is the nicest they have ever eaten. Coincidentally the shop name is "San Duo Sao La". [laugh]

Nina

Edited by Ninafrost

Turbocharged

I like the one at Kitchener Road, its located at the run down shop houses. So far, my cantonese frens all agree the roast duck is the nicest they have ever eaten. Coincidentally the shop name is "San Duo Sao La".

Could you please elaborate on the address, is it beside any prominent building or something? Thanks.

Lucky i got the name card!

Have fun!

206 Syed Alwi Road. Singapore 207739. Near Kitcherner Centre(i think thats what its called. There's a MacDonalds there)

Nina

Edited by Ninafrost

Anyone tried Johnson Duck Bt Timah Road opp. Beauty World Shopping Centre?

It has been there for at least 15 or 20 years already if my memory still good.

Never close shop after so many years means must be good loh. IMHO

Last time "Johnson Lock Roast Duck" was everywhere....$13/bird. Damn cheap. But somehow I think maybe too cheap and most of the outlets closed shops. Actually I thought they all closed. So actually still got 1 last shop lah.....

How much is it for 1 bird nowadays?

Food centre opposite Loyang "Tua Pek Kong" temple.

you got to eat to believe, Yum...Yum

any postal code so we can search with our GPS? stall number/name?

thks

Craving for roast duck and any suggestion where is the best roast duck stall in Singapore ?

Used to buy roast duck from a stall along Jln Mata Ayer off Sembawang Road and another along Jalan Legundi also off Sembawang Road. [thumbsup]

Tried Tiong Bahru one not that fantastic as claimed. Also tried Golden Duck along Balestier Rd. Johnson Loke Duck had gone downhill [thumbsdown] .......

One of my favourite is along Paya Leber Road after ITE, beside former BP petrol kiosk. It had been shifted to somewhere ever since the building of MRT (Circle Line). Anyone got any information on this stall had shifted too.

Thanks .... [wave]

Wah Uncle Picnic start new thread just to find good sio ar? Then you never include sio bah?

this is fr HK, closed every Monday, it was very good, now quite ok lah [sleeping]

any one knows where can i get "pee-par" duck ?

TQ

.....Ha overseas cantonese roast duck always tastes quite good. The london one is supposed to be the gold standard.

Yup, the on in london is really very good. I guess most of the really good chef left HK for better prosper before the handover. Edited by Silver_blade

this stall is quite good. but its not a classic roasted meat stall. Their nice part is the sauce and their soup. Love their soup.

Eat there everytime i go AV

You guys got really good experience with overseas roast duck.. I however didn't. Went to the world renoun Quan Ju De peking duck in the suzhou branch. It really makes me miss the roast duck in singapore.

The best roast duck I had was in Melbourne...

Pacific Roast Duck in the Vietnamese enclave...

Will also go there and eat whenever I visit Melbourne :)

Back in Singapore, the one at Serangoon is not bad...

As for roast pork and chao siew, there used to be a very good one at the Farrer Road market (only does lunch)...I love their soft ribs as well... [thumbsup]

Not sure if they are still there though - haven't been back in ages

↡ Advertisement