Honda Freed or Toyota Passo Sette?

Mustang

Need help here,My 2nd bro wanna find a compact 7 seater MPV due to expand of his family(6 peeps).Stream and Wish is out of question as the road tax and Ins alone is too expensive even for OPC.His father in-law just bought the Exora.Anyone here knows the pros and cons of both cars?Ie insurance,performance,FC,Price,Comfort etc?He plan to trade in his 4 years old Gen2 1.6 later this year end.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

You may also consider Toyota Sienta if you don't mind the look. Interior space is good, space for third row is good as well. However, there is almost no boot space if all 3 rows of seats are in use.

KM may start selling Freed soon, if you prefer to buy from agent.

You may also consider Toyota Sienta if you don't mind the look. Interior space is good, space for third row is good as well. However, there is almost no boot space if all 3 rows of seats are in use.

KM may start selling Freed soon, if you prefer to buy from agent.

Saw in another thread here that KM's Freed is from Indonesia as compared to PI's which is from Japan ... [gossip]

So Bros & Sis whom are particular about Country of Origin for their makes might wanna take note .. [nod]

I am also considering these 2 options or maybe also Sienta. As from Mon to Fri, I am always the only one using the car, so see no point getting a higher cc car and paying much more for price, COE, petrol, road tax etc. So 1.5L car will be ideal enough. Anyone driving and please comment. Thanks.

I am also considering these 2 options or maybe also Sienta. As from Mon to Fri, I am always the only one using the car, so see no point getting a higher cc car and paying much more for price, COE, petrol, road tax etc. So 1.5L car will be ideal enough. Anyone driving and please comment. Thanks.

I drive a Sienta so maybe my comment will be biased.

I bought Sienta for the reasons that u mentioned, and it has proven to be economical.

For the price I am paying, Sienta is an absolute value for money and versatile MPV, plus the savings of small cc and good FC.

Sienta is already 6 years old model, not as new as Freed or Sette. Sienta's looks is also ugly to many.

The passo sette is new, but unfortunately seems like the only plus point of it is it's new. It seems to be built with a tight budget in mind to make it cheap for consumers in Japan, but yet in SG it's selling more expensive than Sienta. And no power sliding doors :(

As for Freed, well. do compare the selling price of Freed to Sienta to Sette.

Btw, do also check which of these cars do not have spare tyre, but this is not a concern for some.

Edited by Sgnick

Appreciate your feedback. I have yet to test out the cars mentioned except Freed. Find Freed abit on the high side in term of price. For Passo, many ppl commented the leg room cmi. What about Sienta? What is the FC like?

this kind of cars cannot take full sized adults...even the Wish and Stream cannot do it...what makes you think that 1.5L MPV can take adults comfortably?

the seats in the Freed have rather low hip point, so you dun seat high...more like a sedan...so it's quite uncomfortable...

As for Sienta, there is no legroom to speak about...for 1.7m and above pax, their knees would be touching the front seat backs...

As for Sette, it's a new model, but it does look promising...the looks goes down with the mainstream designs, though i don't think the interior is spacious...

i've also sat in the Terios-7...it's the most spacious of the lot, with 3rd row legroom though useless, i could fit in there...2nd row is spacious as you can slide the seats...but those who own it complain on the bouncy ride, poor fuel consumption and lack of power...

Need help here,My 2nd bro wanna find a compact 7 seater MPV due to expand of his family(6 peeps).Stream and Wish is out of question as the road tax and Ins alone is too expensive even for OPC.His father in-law just bought the Exora.Anyone here knows the pros and cons of both cars?Ie insurance,performance,FC,Price,Comfort etc?He plan to trade in his 4 years old Gen2 1.6 later this year end.

Honda Freed from Indon, do you want boh?

go for Honda Airwive [thumbsup]

Appreciate your feedback. I have yet to test out the cars mentioned except Freed. Find Freed abit on the high side in term of price. For Passo, many ppl commented the leg room cmi. What about Sienta? What is the FC like?

Sienta's 1st and 2nd row seats can slide forward/backwards, so u can adjust till u find acceptable space for all 3 rows. If u slide sienta's 2nd row seat all the way back, then the 3rd row passenger of cos his knees will be touching the seat back, lol. The only time we slide the 2nd row seats all the way back is when we have folded the 3rd row seats away. Also, do make full use of the headrest, pull it way up, dont let it remain pushed down, especially the 3rd row headrests. Sienta FC 12+-14+ depends on more city or highway.

One thing of special mention when trying out 3rd row seats, sit in 3rd row of Sienta & Freed, then sit in 3rd row of Sette/Wish/Stream/Carens, take note of the angle of your knees. Tell me what u notice about the seating positions. U like to sit in a high chair position or u like to sit in low squat position? Different people different preference.

Head room for adults for 3rd row also important. U dont want your head to knock the ceiling everytime there's a bump on the road.

Finally is how "multi-purpose" is your MP-V? How configurable are the seats? When fully folded do u get alot of cargo space? Can u only fold 1 side of the 3rd row seat (Sette cannot hor)? What about the 7seater version of Freed, the middle row can fold away? U need to put golfbags or large prams into boot? All this must consider.

Edited by Sgnick

On the average my weekly FC is about 16 to 16.5km/l.

I have no problem to carry 5 adult and 3 children in my Sienta to Genting plus all the softw bags. I won't say the leg room is very comfortable but good enough or just nice for everyone, is about adjusting 1st and 2nd row seat accordingly to fit all. That is what I like about the Sienta. I am 1.8m tall and weight 120kg.

I have no problem to carry 5 adult and 3 children in my Sienta to Genting plus all the softw bags. I won't say the leg room is very comfortable but good enough or just nice for everyone, is about adjusting 1st and 2nd row seat accordingly to fit all. That is what I like about the Sienta. I am 1.8m tall and weight 120kg.

I carried 7 adults plus 2 children in my Sienta before lor, but I wont recommend to do it too often :)

As for your FC, u r the champion liao. How u do it? Off aircon?

Edited by Sgnick

[shocked][dizzy] How u do it? Even a 1.0 or 1.3 manual car can hardly do it in Singapore. What is the secrets?

Edited by Kangadrool

[shocked][dizzy] How u do it? Even a 1.0 or 1.3 manual car can hardly do it in Singapore.

Official figures from Toyota (based on Japan 10-15 mode) , Sienta FC is 18.6km/L

Official figures from Toyota (based on Japan 10-15 mode) , Sienta FC is 18.6km/L

18.6 km/l = paper specs; for show for show. Discount this by 20% = 14.88 km/l niah.

If I can get 12km/l for this type of car, I very happy liao.

Maybe he does not use MSCP at all.

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement