Nissan GTR Buang

Celicar

Turbocharged

Saw this on the roads yesterday evening, front crushed in. SJK plate, what a pity. If you're looking to buy a GTR, avoid this one.

Sorry for the poor photo quality.

3788544338_de1eb7236c.jpg

Edited by Celicar
↡ Advertisement

I think it is kinda unfair for u to say avoid all SJK plated GTRs for sale. If u could, be more specific.

Saw this on the roads yesterday evening, front crushed in. SJK plate, what a pity. If you're looking to buy a GTR, avoid this one.

Sorry for the poor photo quality.

i think after being in such an accident, no one would really care abt how the car is being towed liao.

You may further damage a car by wrong methods of towing which may lead to gearbox or worse, engine problems.

bro...doubt so...i tink the rear wheels are resting on the wheel bed tow....

AWD being towed on the rear wheels?!! [knife][crazy][confused]

I think it is kinda unfair for u to say avoid all SJK plated GTRs for sale. If u could, be more specific.

this is not about fair/unfair. [confused]

he is just sharing with us some info and pics. since he is not the driver, what specific you need?

they can just reg new plate, but i believe that one can still find out the original number

buang a few more times i'll buy it and sell off the parts. any idea how hard it is to obtain a spare GTR gearbox?

Yeah bro, there was one being repaired at my regular workshop, damage was fairly minor as the owner hit nothing but a spare tyre lying on the road (wonder where that came from [confused] ). Anyway, although the damage wasn't severe, the whole front bumper had to be replaced together with the oil cooler and a couple of other small parts. The bill came up to $10+K :blink: !! Oil cooler itself was $5K (made of gold izzit??) and front bumper another $3.8K (quite normal considering the status of such a car).

So parts for the GTR aren't only hard to come by, they're really really expensive as well!! The one in the pic? I'd say the insurance company just lost easily $30+ at least! Now these are the guys who cost us our insurance premiums!! Rich fools who dunno how to drive yet still wanna buy fast cars and drive foolishly fast [shakehead] ! Just imagine, one accident like that would cost the insurance companies more than 3 or 4 times the repair cost of a normal saloon car in a similiar accident! It's really no wonder our insurance premiums are freakin' skyrocketing [bounce1]

cars too fast for him .... think beyond a certain power ... buyers should be made to go for compulsory handling lessons and tests ... otherwise dunno driver drive car or car drive driver

↡ Advertisement