Where got nice Sri Lankan Crabs?

Green_carnation

Neutral Newbie

2913_1137839810349_1357981145_351649_5913059_n.jpg

from jackie beer garden @ changi v

Wow, that's a big crab clamp. Yum...yum Watering nw [inlove]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i still think jumbo is good. but the price is on the higher side. So indulge only occasionally.

wanna revive this old thread.

i realised that there are different crabs like sri lankan crab there is vietnamese there is indonesian ones which is differentiated to green claw, black and red claw. anyone can share wads the difference in their taste?

all i know is i dun like malaysian ones shell super hard meat not good at all. whenever i eat i always go for sri lankan ones. nvr disappointed me so far.

wanna revive this old thread.

i realised that there are different crabs like sri lankan crab there is vietnamese there is indonesian ones which is differentiated to green claw, black and red claw. anyone can share wads the difference in their taste?

all i know is i dun like malaysian ones shell super hard meat not good at all. whenever i eat i always go for sri lankan ones. nvr disappointed me so far.

Yah, I also find it hard to get fresh mud crab, not knowing if they are from Sri Lanka. The other time, buy from NTUC, which they claim was XL is size. The claw looks big, so I bought it hoping they are the Sri Lanka variety. After cracking the claw, the meat inside is rather little dissapointing. Unlike those I had from House of Seafood, which big claw also mean got lots of meat inside.

Yah, I also find it hard to get fresh mud crab, not knowing if they are from Sri Lanka. The other time, buy from NTUC, which they claim was XL is size. The claw looks big, so I bought it hoping they are the Sri Lanka variety. After cracking the claw, the meat inside is rather little dissapointing. Unlike those I had from House of Seafood, which big claw also mean got lots of meat inside.

from wad i know the non srilankan ones are darker in color....

Neutral Newbie

I think got one vendor at Tekka market, sell gigantic crabs, can't remember who. But the boss quite arrogant due to good business, if going there, must book one day in advance for the crabs.

It's really [thumbsup]

not sure if this thread still alive...

i am lookin to hav a crabfest of sorts over the weekend..

anyone knows where i can buy live crabs..wholesale

senoko fish port perhaps?

I heard Tekka market is a good place to buy crab...live crap I mean...

I think got one vendor at Tekka market, sell gigantic crabs, can't remember who. But the boss quite arrogant due to good business, if going there, must book one day in advance for the crabs.

It's really [thumbsup]

No need so difficult lar & no need to see black face. Go to the source direct, they supply to market, supermarkets & restaurants. You want wat type they got all types & sizes. Sri lanka & vietnam etc.....Small, medium & super sized ones. It's located in Lim Chu Kang.

I'm also fortunate to have an excellent cook: My wife :D . Can whip up black pepper crab, butter crab & got once she heard me wrongly when i said i wanted spaghetti & crab as a side dish, in the end she she cooked spaghetti crab(spaghetti together with crab) & yes it taste very very good & it's now our family recipe. Wow, now think about it slurp slurp. [:p]

not sure if this thread still alive...

i am lookin to hav a crabfest of sorts over the weekend..

anyone knows where i can buy live crabs..wholesale

senoko fish port perhaps?

went there afew days ago many sizes carb:

Unit Tenants Name Contact No Products

28,29 & 30 Grand Atlantic Fishery Pte Ltd 96176645/67649035 Live seafood

http://www.farmart.com.sg/default.aspx

orait....many thanks guys!

will check out farmart in the day....look see....

but i wonder if we can buy the crabs in bulk from them....

at nite...just swing by senoko...see how.

i sure you can buy in bulk but only thing is did you bring your cash in bulk too? [:p]

just joking .................no offence

sorrie to tell this,it open from 11am to 4pm.

muahaha...juz back from there!

this old uncle came in with his presumably his gf...asked for the biggest crab they have...

he got a Sri Lankan crab..weighing in at 2.3kg....paid & left in a jiffy...

we turned around...he was the taxi driver...probably got a bit of cash from last nites mrt woes!

post-12687-1324027863_thumb.jpg

muahaha...juz back from there!

this old uncle came in with his presumably his gf...asked for the biggest crab they have...

he got a Sri Lankan crab..weighing in at 2.3kg....paid & left in a jiffy...

we turned around...he was the taxi driver...probably got a bit of cash from last nites mrt woes!

what it got to do with u........just buy your crabs [grin]

or izzit his gf looks like crab [smash]

btw u buy any crabs from there?

↡ Advertisement