Black ants - How to get rid of them in the house?

Guyver

i am wondering how those rich people living in condo and landed make their homes ant free. assuming rich people are fussy over many things, they wouldn't have tahan ants roaming about. seldom hear people staying in high end residences complaining about ants, only us staying in hdbs battling ants...

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

i am wondering how those rich people living in condo and landed make their homes ant free. assuming rich people are fussy over many things, they wouldn't have tahan ants roaming about. seldom hear people staying in high end residences complaining about ants, only us staying in hdbs battling ants...

Rich people can afford to keep calling pest control.

They can also fumigate whole house.

But give it a couple of months, the insects will return.

Then you repeat.

I put 扫光光 but after 3 days they still roaming. Last time I called pest control they also put bait end up ants still roaming, wasted my $150. So I resort to spraying. Coz be it bait or spray, ants still return. So may as well spray as baits are more like trial and error.

Where to get that...? I can definitely put some into the trays when I ask my MJ kakis over...

Rich people can afford to keep calling pest control.

They can also fumigate whole house.

But give it a couple of months, the insects will return.

Then you repeat.

Then let's hope we strike rich and call in pest control on a monthly maintenance contract. So tired to do pest control by myself.

Where to get that...? I can definitely put some into the trays when I ask my MJ kakis over...

My neighbor gave one pellet to me. I used it by no use, today is the fourth day and ants are happily roaming. Out of anger I threw the bait away and start spraying at the hole where the ants come out from. I know they sure will return bit even if use baits they will also return, moreover bait so slow results very frustrating.

You can try ntuc, they sell a similar type like 扫光光 called Golden Rooster or something. But I suggest getting the liquid type, there's a Golden Hammer brand which many people said very good. Should be able to find on Qoo10. Edited by Jysel

Hope you can 扫光光 everything on the MJ table hahaha...

Hope you can 扫光光 everything on the MJ table hahaha...

I’ll put that into their trays and the golden rooster in mine. HUAT AH!!!

Supersonic

Yes they r hiding inside grouting or cabinet gaps. Impossible to eradicate fully. My house already q minimal, but they keep finding new spots to hide. Even the good ant bait, half the time they ignore.

Actually, I noticed very little ants now after I entombed them, by sealing up that hole.

Previously, I had sprayed Baygon into the same hole, but they use it again.

Seems to me the spray didn't get too far inside and that's why they survived.

But by plugging up the hole, they have no route out, no air after a while...but that's just my imagination. [laugh]

I still have areas where different groups of ants still running around. I haven't found their nest yet.

So to me, sealing up the hole is very effective.

I tried many type of baits, but after a while the ants got smart and avoid them.

Actually, I noticed very little ants now after I entombed them, by sealing up that hole.

Previously, I had sprayed Baygon into the same hole, but they use it again.

Seems to me the spray didn't get too far inside and that's why they survived.

But by plugging up the hole, they have no route out, no air after a while...but that's just my imagination. [laugh]

I still have areas where different groups of ants still running around. I haven't found their nest yet.

So to me, sealing up the hole is very effective.

I tried many type of baits, but after a while the ants got smart and avoid them.

Some holes are difficult to seal. For example aircon trunking cover. The whole stretch of trunking how to seal? Ants will still come out from any possible parts of the trunking.i agree with the slow effect of baits, after put four days ants avoiding it. So I sprayed thickly at the point where the ants disappear. They may come out from another point, sigh

Seems like ants are part of every household which you cannot totally avoid de. No matter what you do and they still become resident inside your house. Lol.

post-109106-0-05770500-1555052587_thumb.jpg

I used this whenever I see a line of ants in kitchen, especially near sink area.

Dot thin lines of gel along their path, taking care not to kill any of them. It seems they would avoid that path once a comrade is dead.

The ants would drink & bring the gel back to their nest to feed the rest.

They would disappear for 3 mths before re surfacing again. At least I get respite from their annoying presence for that period.

Seems like ants are part of every household which you cannot totally avoid de. No matter what you do and they still become resident inside your house. Lol.

Yes seems that way. Many people have ants in their houses. But some estates seem to have more ants and some have lesser ants. Wonder which is the cleanest block to stay at, I will move there hahaha...

image.jpg

I used this whenever I see a line of ants in kitchen, especially near sink area.

Dot thin lines of gel along their path, taking care not to kill any of them. It seems they would avoid that path once a comrade is dead.

They would disappear for 3 mths before re surfacing again. At least I get respite from their annoying presence for that period.

I used this before, it's very good I must admit. Think I may just get it again. 扫光光 is not effective, the ants still roaming. My neighbor gave me combat bait, not sure good or not.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Where to get this? YT video shows gel is to lure the ants out to feast on it then wipe everything together. Yours seem to work like baits to be brought back to the nest for total colony wipe out.

Where to get this? YT video shows gel is to lure the ants out to feast on it then wipe everything together. Yours seem to work like baits to be brought back to the nest for total colony wipe out.

Apply on 2 consecutive days. Do it on dry, undisturbed area.

Don't be over zealous in applications. Too much, they get jerlat & there'll be leftovers.

Also, too big a glob, some get drowned in it & they will abandon feed.

Usually, they will disappear after 2nd day. Then wipe clean the area.

Bought from Prime.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Another common ant killer is boric acid/borax + sugar/honey

You mix them and leave it around as a bait.

Terro-PCO use borax.

However, it is sometimes effective, sometimes not.

The ants seem to learn that it's a poison after a few of their mates died.

https://casaveneracion.com/getting-rid-of-ants-boric-acid-or-borax/

However, buying boric acid here is a big challenge.

Apply on 2 consecutive days. Do it on dry, undisturbed area.

Don't be over zealous in applications. Too much, they get jerlat & there'll be leftovers.

Also, too big a glob, some get drowned in it & they will abandon feed.

Usually, they will disappear after 2nd day. Then wipe clean the area.

Bought from Prime.

I was at Prime this morning but didn’t notice this gel type...only saw the usual bait bits. Shall ask the staff on my next visit.

Thanks for the info,

i use snake brand prickly heat powder. ( the hot vesion )

throw along their line, from room to kitchen

around my rubbish bin. 

(so far it work for me )

yi shao guang no longer got any effect

• Praise 1

I will set a sugary trap and when you lots of them busy slurping the liquid . . . WHAM!! 

Repeat until the colony gets wipe out. 

Takes a few days but it works . . .  

Having said that . . . . at one time I was interested in setting up an ant farm.

Search for a Queen ant and starting a colony  . . . maybe in the office  [:p]

I will set a sugary trap and when you lots of them busy slurping the liquid . . . WHAM!!

Repeat until the colony gets wipe out.

Takes a few days but it works . . .

Having said that . . . . at one time I was interested in setting up an ant farm.

Search for a Queen ant and starting a colony . . . maybe in the office [:p]

You want to sabo office issit :XD:
↡ Advertisement