The horrible colleague / office politics thread

Ahtong

Seriously, that sounds like me, bro..... my situation is as follows: maybe my personal character itself is not really low profile but i really got no desire to play all these politics nonsense.... however when suddenly my name is dragged, i really wanna let out the anger with a confidant.... maybe that guy u overheard is in same predicament.....

I think I understand your point. I suffer the same fate too. There is a difference when you are confiding in another person who is of same or lower rank as you or from a different department and whatever you talk abuut does not affect the 'politics' person's career. But, it is different if this 'politics' person do things to you behind your back that affects your career or posting. e.g. got a colleague who likes to report boss every morning and arrow ppl to do job and say it's boss's idea. The rest of us do not play politics and do not like the idea of reporting to boss office every morning.

Edited by Mcfguy
↡ Advertisement

that is hard work bro. . . [sweatdrop]

talk to your towkay bout the 80m. . . [laugh] [laugh]

My towkay is in the sai zhua business . . . where got money [sweatdrop]

His backyard is no oil field you know . . . . <_<

Wonder anyone here from the biggest local bank's CBG? Have been in the banking industry for 7 yrs, and this current management is the worst I ever experience. One senior management say cannot do this else you will be punished, the other senior management says you must do this else you will be punished. They even set up a committee to issue Disciplinary Actions (DA) to staffs who make mistakes at work. Any mistakes will lead to a DA be issued. And once you have the first DA, you will not be eligible for promotion the next 12 mths. And if you get the second one, you better start looking for a job, becus you will be fired if the third one comes your way. Currently, 75% of my office population have at least 1 DA.

Currently, there is a joke going around now. Anyone whom has no DA so far, there are only 2 possibilities. Either you have connection to the top management, or you are simply not working, because the more you work, the highest chance of you making a mistake.

Even the HR colleague told me that they are so busy not because of recruitment or HR matters, but to run around Singapore to meet staffs from different offices to issue them with DAs.

I think if anyone of you whom have a friend, or from the local bank CBG dept, you will probably able to verify what is going on in there.

Err, I tink we should all avoid the bank in future.. black-listrd.. Like quite a kelong company

Neutral Newbie

Can anyone share stories of the most horrible colleagues you have met?

My office is still ok but how do you handle tai chi masters, backstabbers, hot air balloons, prima donnas, blur sotongs and other difficult people at work?

That's life!

Everywhere do have politics, there is no way to escape from the terror! Even car forums have politics, not to mention office where everyone fighting to accomplish something.

For my company politics are either office or production. So it quite easy to handle.

Edited by Turbine

So in their new job, they can point out how many DAs they got before kena fired [rolleyes]

Ya... My colleague went for interview with a foreign bank. Apparently they heard of the things happening in our bank, the interviewer whom is a Sales Director "suan" my colleague. He said that after my colleague joined them, he will not have to worry abt DAs. The bank believes in rewarding their star performance with monetary and promotion, and not DAs. Ha... Ridiculous....

Neutral Newbie

My office is still ok but how do you handle tai chi masters, backstabbers, hot air balloons, prima donnas, blur sotongs and other difficult people at work?

[laugh] Well my boss is the prima donnas, my seniors are the backstabbers, the FT are the hot air balloons floating ard. So i had to be the tai chi masters diverting all the arrows to the sotongs... ... they die better then i die!! [dead]:mellow:

whats cbg?

anyways heng ah my office no politiks at all. steady ah.

how can u be so sure? my office is more of bitching ppl.

even politics or rather bitching can occur within relatives LOL

[laugh] Well my boss is the prima donnas, my seniors are the backstabbers, the FT are the hot air balloons floating ard. So i had to be the tai chi masters diverting all the arrows to the sotongs... ... they die better then i die!! [dead]:mellow:

So similar to my office .... [grouphug] really siaz man...y can't everybody jus b nice n everybody work happily together....

Sorry to revive this thread.

Hai.....a small little incident happened and now the colleagues in my office buay song each other.

For the past two weeks, vendors have been giving us mooncakes. A little too many I would say, wat to do, too many vendors. According to company policy we should not accept corporate gifts and keep it individually. It should be shared in the office.

So this lady colleague gave one box of mooncake to the PRC toilet cleaner. The toilet cleaner is not one of our staff, she works for the building management. The rest of the ladies colleagues come to know of it and buay song liao. How can gifts from vendors be given to "outsider" instead???

Then my gossiper told me other department, received the mooncakes from their vendor, keep it within the department only. Never share with the rest of the office.

Actually I dont care abt these gifts. I did receive some boxes of mooncake too. I just pass them to my recep and told her to put it at the pantry and share with everyone. Office politics, I stay out of them!!! [:/]

BTW, I buy my own mooncakes cos I only like plain filling mooncakes with lotus seeds. :D

Take a look into the mirror ...you will see one! :D

Sorry to revive this thread.

Hai.....a small little incident happened and now the colleagues in my office buay song each other.

For the past two weeks, vendors have been giving us mooncakes. A little too many I would say, wat to do, too many vendors. According to company policy we should not accept corporate gifts and keep it individually. It should be shared in the office.

So this lady colleague gave one box of mooncake to the PRC toilet cleaner. The toilet cleaner is not one of our staff, she works for the building management. The rest of the ladies colleagues come to know of it and buay song liao. How can gifts from vendors be given to "outsider" instead???

Then my gossiper told me other department, received the mooncakes from their vendor, keep it within the department only. Never share with the rest of the office.

Actually I dont care abt these gifts. I did receive some boxes of mooncake too. I just pass them to my recep and told her to put it at the pantry and share with everyone. Office politics, I stay out of them!!! [:/]

BTW, I buy my own mooncakes cos I only like plain filling mooncakes with lotus seeds. :D

Did you check the mooncakes you received for scratches? :D

Or is it the boxes you should have checked?

Mind you....there might be scratches somewhere on the boxes of moon cakes that have something scratched onto it and it reads something like....

"Don't put your hands into the box and don't even think about eating the cakes!" [laugh]