Hyundai Advante vs Kia Cerato Forte vs Honda Fit

Raymondkohms

Avente used to be around high end 50k (~60k). Now is below 50k. That is already consider as value.

Forte price is giving me an impression of cheap car where lots of poorer car owner can made their dream come true. Where are we able to fine such a price from a car with acceptable good look and gadgets it come with in the past before Forte launch?

As for Fit, regardless how Fit is good (excluding it's price), the look will tell us that this is more toward a smaller car. Not to mention on the previous model look. By I personnally like the new model look.

In Singapore, owning a car is consider as a luxury. If you want luxury, which one above will look more luxury to the on looker/pedestrians?

↡ Advertisement

went to test drive forte today.. quite impressive i say.. avante dont let me test drive due to p plate.. but if i dun test drive, how can i feel i like the car or not [smash]

If he means p for private plate, then obviously cannot test drive. Its someone else's car.

Avente used to be around high end 50k (~60k). Now is below 50k. That is already consider as value.

Forte price is giving me an impression of cheap car where lots of poorer car owner can made their dream come true. Where are we able to fine such a price from a car with acceptable good look and gadgets it come with in the past before Forte launch?

As for Fit, regardless how Fit is good (excluding it's price), the look will tell us that this is more toward a smaller car. Not to mention on the previous model look. By I personnally like the new model look.

In Singapore, owning a car is consider as a luxury. If you want luxury, which one above will look more luxury to the on looker/pedestrians?

Avante has no value lor. Look at the interior. Hard, cheap plastics everywhere. And the car comes with no equipment at all.

Edited by Alfisti168

Actually 1.5l fit is a better choice but more exp .. but if you want power and you want a boot space , City is also worth considering.

Not much gadgets but power and stablity is there. Test driven avante , city and forte ( friend works in C&C ) and currently driving an cheapo axio , i would say i would prefer city for its handling and power but price is a little exp but i think it would be worth it assuming if one is able to afford.

Forte looks the best but i'm worried about the electronic part giving up after sometime. One good example , me and my family have sumsung phones go burst within 2 years , probably due to heavy usage but electronic products don't last long so becareful.

As for avante the steering was too light to my liking . But this is personal preference , probably ladies would like the handling.

As for fit 1.3 , which my cousin is driving , it is meant to be a point a to point b car with no fuzz .. so don't expect fast and furious performance for fit. But in compensation it gives u good FC , she has a good FC ranging from 18~19. Which i think is pretty good expecially with petrol prices rising.

Interior wise , i don't think Fit is very cramp as what others might think it is. It is definitely more spacey as compared to vios.

Edited by HengHeng88

how fast she drive to achieve 18-19km/l...

i can buy a car and park it in a parking lot and it will give me infiniti KM/L...

if it's 80kph or less...rather take the MRT...

point is you buy a car to get you to your destination...not to see whose car have the best fuel consumption...

Just drive normally and within speed limits .. Lol if you want fast and furios .. Type R , WRX , GTR , Ferrari .. Just be prepared to pay for it and it's insurances..

how fast she drive to achieve 18-19km/l...

i can buy a car and park it in a parking lot and it will give me infiniti KM/L...

if it's 80kph or less...rather take the MRT...

point is you buy a car to get you to your destination...not to see whose car have the best fuel consumption...

Ya, typically, smaller cc will have better FC. FC will only be important if we hit many K km in a month.

If one hit less than 1k km a mth or the company provide free petrol card/claim, the good FC become redundant.

After trying to hit good FC for more than a year of driving (12 to 13km/l) by controlling my right leg, I finally give up. Now ramp to enjoy the ride (8 to 9 km/l)

Edited by Axela72

Her mileage quite alot .. around 5k ..she does sales.. LOL ..

what i'm amazed is her petrol cost .. within 350 ..per month .. but issue is .. not many can tahan relaxed driving and control ur right foot.

One month if she save 100 as compared to other makes .. 1 year 1.2k , 10 yrs 12k liaoz .. LOL

Edited by HengHeng88

Typically , it depends on what you look for in a car. For the 3 choices.

If your intended traveling distance is long for instance >5k

FIT - good fc even for heavy footer , you would save more in petrol cost to compensate the premiums paid.

For shorter distances and spacious with good looks

Forte (heavy 1.3+ ton)

For middle distances with inbetween fc performance and features

Avante

Edited by HengHeng88

Typically , it depends on what you look for in a car. For the 3 choices.

If your intended traveling distance is long for instance >5k

FIT - good fc even for heavy footer , you would save more in petrol cost to compensate the premiums paid.

For shorter distances and spacious with good looks

Forte (heavy 1.3+ ton)

For middle distances with inbetween fc performance and features

Avante

Hmm...if want korean power just buy Forte 2.0 lor. Still cheaper than FIT 1.5.

Edited by Alfisti168

Her mileage quite alot .. around 5k ..she does sales.. LOL ..

what i'm amazed is her petrol cost .. within 350 ..per month .. but issue is .. not many can tahan relaxed driving and control ur right foot.

One month if she save 100 as compared to other makes .. 1 year 1.2k , 10 yrs 12k liaoz .. LOL

The fit she drives is it the new or old model? According to a few of my friends who are driving them, they all say the fc only 14 - 15 max, unlike the previous model which is really good in fc.

Okie, that explains why the good f/c. The current one f/c is not that fantastic as her model. Which do not really equate that good to your calculation previously in Singapore context now. But neithertheless, the new model looks better than the previous one and I agree with another bro, the body roll of the previous model is horrible.

for FIT, the new engine is ivtec which is geared towards more mid high performance

the old FIT was IDSI engine, good low end torque and fuel saving.

hmmm ... issue as mention she is not going fast and furious . .LOL .. as for roll i think can add roll bars to enchance of course ..thats another issue all together. There is nothing called the best of both worlds.. LOL ...

Just like you tell me avante got good fc .. but my friend say his fc only 10+

... LOL and forte ( according to my friend wrking in C&C ) the average FC from feedback is 10+

The difference in FC given her distance monthly would be actually more worthwhile to drive a FIT .. LOL .. at least save 150 per month ..

Edited by HengHeng88

Really??? Which brands?

2009 Which? Car survey

1.Honda Accord (2008-present) 98.5%

2.Honda Jazz (2008-present) 98.2%

3.Daihatsu Sirion (2005-present) 97.5%

4.Hyundai i30 (2007-present) 96.8%

5.Ford Fiesta (2008-present) 96.2%

6.Honda Jazz (2002-2008) 95.9%

7.Honda Civic Hybrid (2006-present) 95.7%

8.Citro

hmmm ... issue as mention she is not going fast and furious . .LOL .. as for roll i think can add roll bars to enchance of course ..thats another issue all together. There is nothing called the best of both worlds.. LOL ...

Just like you tell me avante got good fc .. but my friend say his fc only 10+

... LOL and forte ( according to my friend wrking in C&C ) the average FC from feedback is 10+

The difference in FC given her distance monthly would be actually more worthwhile to drive a FIT .. LOL .. at least save 150 per month ..

Seriously I have no idea why you have so many bad news on Koreans from friends.. So I must give you opposite hearsay... hahaha

FYI, my dad avante pump VPower in JB, 1/2 tank can get 430km lor... And the driving part is in sg, not NSH..

Back to your friend, he could be heavy footed... How would you know what FC he will get if driving FIT? if u go jazz forum, there are ppl with heavy foot getting 12km/L.

Pls be objective...

cannot go wrong with any of the 3.

forte my fav,

avante well build,

fit good resale value.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement