Hyundai Advante vs Kia Cerato Forte vs Honda Fit

Raymondkohms

Hi

if your friend decide to drive for ten year the best go for japanese car.

If you notice most of the owner, who buy korea car not everyone of then drive like 8 to 9 year No Offence

but if you notice theres alot of honda fit is from 03 and 04 year on the road

All this 3 car spec and FC is about the same but the most inportant is which car that can drive longer.

So for japanese car, in japan thay have a strict QC test before they export their car out

If you are taking japanese car the most important is the car made in japan which mean (JDM) Japan direct make if not if you buy like other country made their QC is not as strict as japan you may face problem

BTW all the car there is been grade like A, B, C, D

before you buy the car ask for the chasses number and you will be know what is the grading for the car

Thanks

wrong lah... u didnt see many vios / altis (older generation) / 3G City zipping around the roads meh???

What's more impt is the availability of parts.... if u intend to drive long... maintain the car well... do regular servicing... change wear n tear parts regularly...

one good example is my friend's FD1 (yr 07) has issues with his magnetic clutch and endure hot air till reach SG... along the journey, we have EK4, fit (yr 03) and my City....

based on this... I conclude its the driver (he always skipped servicing) and not the car issue... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hi

If you notice most of the owner, who buy korea car not everyone of then drive like 8 to 9 year No Offence

All this 3 car spec and FC is about the same but the most inportant is which car that can drive longer.

So for japanese car, in japan thay have a strict QC test before they export their car out

If you are taking japanese car the most important is the car made in japan which mean (JDM) Japan direct make if not if you buy like other country made their QC is not as strict as japan you may face problem

before you buy the car ask for the chasses number and you will be know what is the grading for the car

Thanks

no offences...

Most second car dealer eat grass, is it?

Do take note that most used car are MIJ cars...

plus MIJ car paid a high premium...

together with the interest that come along...

it is not that they don't wanna change...

they still owe bank huge amount of money...

change what? most of them are simply stuck...

and used car dealer profit most from MIJ due to the premium...

Nothing to do with the car...

yes, MIJ car have good quality.

But doesn't mean other made cars' quality are bad...

Don't believe me?

Just go and check it out...

Surf sgcarmart or take a walk at Automobile Megamart/ Turf City

Flooded with used MIJ cars...

Edited by Sohboonguan

Neutral Newbie

COOLZ...

HOPE U ENJOY THE RIDE.

DO POST YOUR REVIEW [;)]

tks...

will post a short review soon...

awaiting delivery of the car...expected to be ard the 20th likkdat...

(edited)

Hi

Thanks

Maybe those korean car owner,their car is cheaper so they can break-even faster so seldom see those 8 to 9 yrs old car around.They choose to hold the car 3 to 4 yrs rather than a pricy jap car & need to hold for 6 to 7 yrs.

Seen the topic"From India to S.Africa in an off-peak Hyundai Matrix"?

It is best to test the car in such terrain & weather.FC wise no doubt is not ideal for this car but QC wise,i dont think any difference between jap or korean.

Edited by Sktan10

Lets talk about good cars...

go to Auto republic, tons of Merc (Alot), Volvo, Volkwagon, BMW, etc...

nothing to do with cars...

purely owner problem and preference...

Maybe those korean car owner,their car is cheaper so they can break-even faster so seldom see those 8 to 9 yrs old car around.They choose to hold the car 3 to 4 yrs rather than a pricy jap car & need to hold for 6 to 7 yrs.

Seen the topic"From India to S.Africa in an off-peak Hyundai Matrix"?

It is best to test the car in such terrain & weather.FC wise no doubt is not ideal for this car but QC wise,i dont think any difference between jap or korean.

hmmm i just have got to agree with this one.

breakeven for a korean car is sooooo much shorter and easier.

Hi

Thanks

btw, have u seen the floods of unsold toyota vios/altis in sgcarmart?

people now understand and acknowledge that hyundai avantes such cars (around for 4 years) are equally reliable.

they are willing to go for a lower depreciating 2nd hand korean cars.

drive 2-3 years, not happy? scrap!

the flexibility is there.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

No offence to the MIK fans. My experience with the people around me who drive Korean car tend to top up much more than the Jap owners. Reason being when they bought their MIK car brand new, their price is very close to that of the MIJ but when selling it after 3 yrs, the value is much worst. Most of my friends who drive Korean make tend to be less confident in driving for long term compared to Jap make. I remember that during '04 to '06, there was a huge insurgent of Korean cars, almost every where can see Matrix, Elantra (now Avante), Cerato (now Forte), Rio, Aveo and some others... Back then many people were commenting that Korean has improve a lot and are even better value than the Jap in terms of quality and reliability. Today, I dare say that most of those so call better Korean cars has ended being exported or scrapped in the local scrap yards. 1 very good example will be.. you still get to see many of those '01 to '05 Corolla, Sunny, Lancer prying our local streets. Similar years Korean? Almost none! Just my humble 2 cents worth...

Edited by Autofanatiz

No offence to the MIK fans. My experience with the people around me who drive Korean car tend to top up much more than the Jap owners. Reason being when they bought their MIK car brand new, their price is very close to that of the MIJ but when selling it after 3 yrs, the value is much worst. Most of my friends who drive Korean make tend to be less confident in driving for long term compared to Jap make. I remember that during '04 to '06, there was a huge insurgent of Korean cars, almost every where can see Matrix, Elantra (now Avante), Cerato (now Forte), Rio, Aveo and some others... Back then many people were commenting that Korean has improve a lot and are even better value than the Jap in terms of quality and reliability. Today, I dare say that most of those so call better Korean cars has ended being exported or scrapped in the local scrap yards. 1 very good example will be.. you still get to see many of those '01 to '05 Corolla, Sunny, Lancer prying our local streets. Similar years Korean? Almost none! Just my humble 2 cents worth...

i didn't know that korean cars are priced similarly to jap cars.

Which jap & korean similar model/cc price is very close?care to share? [cool]

From what i know,price of 1.4cc jap normally price close to 1.6cc korean & so on,r u refering these? :huh:

Anyway,i m not jap or korean supporter. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

hmmm i just have got to agree with this one.

breakeven for a korean car is sooooo much shorter and easier.

+1...

Well...

Perhaps you should check out the ask price in used car market for MIK and MIJ.

Is MIK really that low? or the premium MIK paid is also much lower?

Depreciation base on how much you paid.

Although you might get more when selling MIJ, but you forgot the premium paid is also so much higher.

put it this way...

Mr A paid 3k and scrap it 3 years later, got back 1k

Mr B paid 2k and scrap it 3 years later, got back 0.5k

wow Mr A got 0.5k more.

but Mr A forgot he paid 1k more in the first place.

therefore:

Mr A = 3K - 1k = lost 2k

Mr B = 2k - 0.5k = lost 1.5k

simple?

(edited)

Fit is a nice compact hatchback car, but too expensive.

plus my gf still drove a 5-6 years old jazz.

therefore it is still around on the road.

and MIJ and MIK price was never close.

unless lesser capacity or made in thailand(MIT).

even MIT is expensive.

but Mitsubishi Lancer MR/GLX is exceptional.

MIJ, good quality, powerful and pretty cool to drive one of these dude around.

I guess Mitsubishi Lancer MR/GLX is the only one in competitive 1.6 price range with MIK cars,

excluding MIC cars.

Edited by Sohboonguan

err, i dun see old fits on the road lately....or Jazzes.... Or city..

upgrade bro... got $$ upgrade lor...

those honda followers... like to start off with hatch back such as fit/jazz if ur pocket tight.. or family-oriented such as city...

i know quite a few.. most of them move on to mpv or larger cc ride..

how come u didnt saw those rides on the road... .. i saw many older generation fit/jazz/vios/altis/city around leh...

Fit for sure. You get peformance and spaincousness

Fit is spacious?

In the US, the Avante is classified as a mid-sized sedan as compared to the compact Civic (2008) and Corolla (2009).

Elantra is truly a
↡ Advertisement