Hyundai Advante vs Kia Cerato Forte vs Honda Fit

Raymondkohms

Hi bros,

fellow colleague wants to choose between the 3 cars....even though they may not be of the exact price range.

Any bros who have experience in these 3 cars can feedback the goods and bads of each one? hehe

Vote for Forte (Best Value)

Next is Avante (Best Engine)

Last is Fit (Too Expensive)

Fit is in Different catagory.

Group Test should be Avante vs Forte vs Cruze.

all 1.6L engine car.

all build in Korea.

bumper to bumper, side by side, apple to apple.

my ranking will be:

1. Forte (Best value)

2. Avante (Best engine, but too old)

3. Cruze (Nice Exterior, but interior layout abit... and more expensive than the other 2)

4. Fit (unfair comparison, and most expensive of them all even for 1.3L)

Either way, I respect your choice.

Peace.

↡ Advertisement

too lazy to drive manual haha

but i nearly fainted at my $2k insurance (10% NCD)! My Fit only $1k.

A small price to pay, :P

Koup is a good car for that price range.

Look fantastic, even though it is just ordinary 1.6/2.0 engine beneath.

Enjoy the ride.

Peace.

Edited by Sohboonguan

Out of the 3, i will choose

Kia Forte, Honda Fit and Lastly Avante,

Kia value for money, Fit for the Brand, i don't like Avante. The out look not nice especially the backside.

A small price to pay, :P

Koup is a good car for that price range.

Look fantastic, even though it is just ordinary 1.6/2.0 engine beneath.

Enjoy the ride.

Peace.

I had to postpone my intended purchase due to various reasons. But i am quite sure i WILL eventually get it either 4th quarter of this year or 1st quarter of next year. Why? Cos initially i was saving for VW Jetta Sport TSI (1.4L, 160bhp, $95k). But now i would rather have the Koup 2.0L, save $20k+ (which will more than cover the difference in road tax and FC), nicer design and nicer cabin. Right now there is no car with better bang for my buck than Koup.

Vote for Forte (Best Value)

Next is Avante (Best Engine)

Last is Fit (Too Expensive)

Bro.. both Avante and Forte are using the same engine. The under carriage of the Forte doesn't say that it has better value than the Avante. In fact its cheaper to manufacture compared to the latter.

guys.. i saw a fit kena bang from behind on marina bay that winding road infront of IR.. all the shopping goodies drop on the floor, bumper dropping off, one of the tyres like crooked like that a few days ago, quite late. i doubt theres much safety for rear passengers.. or maybe i just dont have a good impression of hatchbacks :o

guys.. i saw a fit kena bang from behind on marina bay that winding road infront of IR.. all the shopping goodies drop on the floor, bumper dropping off, one of the tyres like crooked like that a few days ago, quite late. i doubt theres much safety for rear passengers.. or maybe i just dont have a good impression of hatchbacks :o

the car which banged the fit is ..... a hummer maybe?

Test drove both the avante & forte yesterday. Here's what I think of the 2 cars.

- Outlook Forte is more sporty & Avante is more classic. My wife say Avante looks nicer but I think Forte looks nicer. But both looks nicer overall.

- Forte has more fanciful stuff (keyless entry, bluetooth etc etc)

- Steering on Avante is lighter which I need time to get used to. Forte was more suitable for me. But my wife say avante is easier to handle. SE told me the steering on Hyundai can be change though.

- Pickup is faster and more responsive for Avante maybe due to the lighter weight. The Kia body is bigger and heavier than avante, maybe that's why the difference.

- Sounds insulation is better on Avante, quieter drive overall

- More compartments in Avante to put your barang barang

- More comfortable for me to sit in Avante than Forte (Personal preference)

- Both car loan at 2.2%

- Service of SE at Kia is really bad as compare to Hyundai. The SE who served us at Kia gave us the "Don't think you will buy look". zzzzzz. On the opposite SE at Hyundai was very helpful and friendly.

- More than 5k price difference between Avante 1.6 S (A) ($52,699) & the Forte 1.6 SX (A) ($57, 999)......

- Insuance quoted was 1k higher for Forte.....

So in the end... I settled for..... Avante. Mainly because of the price difference and the better overall service and feeling of avante.

Edited by Tazzi80

honda vs Kia vs Hyundai

price wise Honda no fight - overpriced but i spose resale value will be higher than the other 2 brands. space wise Fit also no fight with sedans

agree Forte is sportier... Avante too old liao. Altho i tested the Avante before and it was quite a good drive

go for the one you like the most and feel hapy driving. no need to bother what other people think.. dont bother too much about FC. +/- 1 or 2 km/l will not make u a rich man

Edited by Majordan

don't get it about resale value..you buy at a lower price, how high u wan to sell it right?

anyway, i almost got Honda Fit before I got the Koup..I was 'strongly' encouraged by my family to get that as it looked 'youthful' and suited me more. In fact, I like Fit a lot especially the yellow one with moonroof. But eventually still got the Koup..cheaper and more pretty. Though pay more for fuel, insurance and road tax, but initial price of Fit quite high think already offset the difference by quite a bit. ^_^

Edited by Lucaswh

honda vs Kia vs Hyundai

price wise Honda no fight - overpriced but i spose resale value will be higher than the other 2 brands. space wise Fit also no fight with sedans

I beg to differ.

My fren recently bought a 42 inch lcd TV - he driving a Cerato forte, i m driving Fit. There was no way his tv could not go into his car, but easily went into mine. I even bought a 50" tv before and put into my Fit.

Just my 2 cents worth , for its present price , forte and avante would come out tops for the "gadgets". Currently price difference for FIT and forte not really big. But insurance difference might be above 500 between the two. 10 years on you might be paying 5k more in insurance.

Looks wise , i won't think FIT would be anyway worse than a Forte for it is in a different range and category. FIT a 1.3litre HB comparable to yaris , rio , matrix and aveo whereas forte is in the 1.6l sedan category.

For FIT , i think people getting them would be considering brand and practicality. It is a simple car, less or nearly no gadgets other than a reverse camera and for many , the lack of gadgets might push them away from this car but to me i'm thinking otherwise. Why would people offer less gadgets as it would eat into profit margins by offering more

Another thing, the resale values might be another consideration to people intending to change a car after driving 2~3 years , the perceived reliability of Honda is still believed to be better than the two Kr selections and with the high amounts of electronic gadgets , it might be even worse. Present electronic products by Koreans aren't really designed to last long. This might affect the resale prices and the cost of changing a car in terms of % might be higher for a korean make.

At the end of the day , a person getting a car have their reasons , different people have different perceptions of "value" , to some , they might be looking for simple , no frills and good fc and branding. Others perceived better looks , more gadgets and a cheaper price.

Edited by CH_CO

Neutral Newbie

I have the same dilemma as you when I narrowed down my purchase to Avante, Forte and fit.

Avante and Forte are really good decent family cars. Drive one of them and you will know that the Koreans have made huge improvements over the years.

At that time, I need a decent family car with good fuel efficiency, sufficient space and the "motivation" factor that will make me drive the car for long term without getting bored.

Avante is a very good car but I did not pursue simply because I want to get a better model of this car and with a budget of < 50K.

Forte design and overall feel is very good. However fuel consumption is not fantastic from my understanding and also C&C servicing is expensive.

At the end, I got a second-hand 1 year old fit'08 GF ($47K) from direct owner, which fits all my requirements. This is the car that will make me excited when driving it (personal preference). I also took resale value and reliability into considerations. To date, this car is still performing very well.

To think back, if my requirement at that time is to get a brand new car, I will pick Avante as my first choice. Saving >10K compare to buying a fit make a lot of difference. If you insist of getting a fit, can consider 2nd hand to allow first hand owner to absorb the depreciation. [:)]

Currently, I will not consider 2nd hand Korean cars for the time being to monitor on the reliabilty. So far Avante is doing well.

Edited by Hao80

Just my 2 cents worth , for its present price , forte and avante would come out tops for the "gadgets". Currently price difference for FIT and forte not really big. But insurance difference might be above 500 between the two. 10 years on you might be paying 5k more in insurance.

Looks wise , i won't think FIT would be anyway worse than a Forte for it is in a different range and category. FIT a 1.3litre HB comparable to yaris , rio , matrix and aveo whereas forte is in the 1.6l sedan category.

For FIT , i think people getting them would be considering brand and practicality. It is a simple car, less or nearly no gadgets other than a reverse camera and for many , the lack of gadgets might push them away from this car but to me i'm thinking otherwise. Why would people offer less gadgets as it would eat into profit margins by offering more

Another thing, the resale values might be another consideration to people intending to change a car after driving 2~3 years , the perceived reliability of Honda is still believed to be better than the two Kr selections and with the high amounts of electronic gadgets , it might be even worse. Present electronic products by Koreans aren't really designed to last long. This might affect the resale prices and the cost of changing a car in terms of % might be higher for a korean make.

At the end of the day , a person getting a car have their reasons , different people have different perceptions of "value" , to some , they might be looking for simple , no frills and good fc and branding. Others perceived better looks , more gadgets and a cheaper price.

Btw, Avante has no gadgets except the digital aircon in the more exp S model.

It is more for the driving exp, quiet, comfy and decent power. Otherwise, inside kosong 1... not to mention the stupid 1 din pioneer HU lor.. lol

The knockdown rear seat is a joke also. Can't they make it simpler? Need to open boot, push the bars to release catch, then go to rear seat and pull it down. WTF! Other than this, everything seems OK for entry level ride.

i'm referring to rear seating space of Fit vs Forte

and to the dude who bot the koup over fit... one is 2L coupe and the other is just a regular 1.3L hatch. wow, those are 2 very different cars and Koup looks nice!

Edited by Majordan