Volkswagen Announces Recall for DSG Transmission

Luckcent

I agree..give them sometime and I hope to see they improve...

which car got no problem? im enjoying my ride now...future what happen then be it...cheers

[laugh] how much time they need?.. until 8-dsg come out perhaps?..problem solved once and for all..... [sly]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

VW auto gearbox in the past also got plenty of problems. When they re-introduce the iconic beetle in the late 90s they were plenty of problems with the car. I think a lot of local celebs bought the car, dunno Brian, Kim Ng and "suffered" a lot of issues with the car. Transmission, a/c, engine overheating & electrical issues.

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=99+vw+be...22&ie=UTF-8

Now they introduce dsg also got so many issues. Some things just dun change.

• Praise 1

I am thinking of getting the VW Touran but am hesitant due to the multiple DSG problems. Do any MCF bros know if the reliability has been much better or resolved already?

I am thinking of getting the VW Touran but am hesitant due to the multiple DSG problems. Do any MCF bros know if the reliability has been much better or resolved already?

Wah.. VW Toolan ahh.. The name already sounds 1 kind.. Good luck bro!

Some times, AD never admit their own problems.. snow ball it only..

yah lo.....

big brands like PAP also same, never admit mistakes.... snowballed until jit-ba-boom....then say once-in-50-years-freak-accident-lets-move-on.....

How long the latest fix will last is anyone's guess considering VW has denied the issue for years.

Love, or rather infatuation, is often blind, for me why take the risk, there are so many sexy drives out there...

I wonder if any bros would consider buying a VW if manual transmission is brought in to SG?

why not? Definitely more will be on the road..

I wonder if any bros would consider buying a VW if manual transmission is brought in to SG?

You can buy a Caddy and convert with backseat sofas. [laugh] Ooops, now I think they brought in the auto van also. [bigcry]

I have driving my Picnic for the past 9 years. With regular maintenance, it is my family work horse. Every morning, I would just start the engine and go.

SIGH ... well the Touran seems like a fairly good deal considering the size and specs. Which other MPV will you consider in the same bracket?

Wish? - shape has not changed for years and specs/interior quite dated but reliable.

Anything else?

SIGH ... well the Touran seems like a fairly good deal considering the size and specs. Which other MPV will you consider in the same bracket?

Wish? - shape has not changed for years and specs/interior quite dated but reliable.

Anything else?

Honda Oddesey. New one.

Odyssey is not in the same bracket ... a new Odyssey is $190K!!! A new VW Touran is approx $145K ... big difference for poor chap like me!

Odyssey is not in the same bracket ... a new Odyssey is $190K!!! A new VW Touran is approx $145K ... big difference for poor chap like me!

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso...new model launching soon...can check it out.

Peugeot 5008

Renault Grand Scenic

Forget abt Wish, the drive/comfort/stability/safety prob lose out to the Conti's, but reliability and cost of maintenance should be much better haha...

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso...new model launching soon...can check it out.

Peugeot 5008

Renault Grand Scenic

Forget abt Wish, the drive/comfort/stability/safety prob lose out to the Conti's, but reliability and cost of maintenance should be much better haha...

What is wrong with the Wish, it outsold the Citroen, Peugeot and Renault by a mile.... it is a good family car for city driving.