Proton Persona 1.6M

Kangadrool

don noe if its jus mi......feels tat proton driving position is designed in a way tat steering wheel is v close to e thigh even at e highest setting :blink: . not v right for mi [grin]

Maybe you can adjust the seat height?BTW i feel that Persona FC is more better than GEN-2,Big boot space somemore.

↡ Advertisement

OK for average Joe. But, for lanky Tom, there's a limit on how low one can tahan - too low, it will be a pain and caused numbness for some people. Need to open legs wide wide like prostitutes also. [lipsrsealed] Otherwise, will be steering the car with legs. Sad that the ergonomics is just not there.

No wonder the Perodua Myvi is selling like hot cakes in Boleh Land albeit with inferior handling and small boot. Most 1.6 or even 2.0L cars can't even beat the legroom offered by this mini car.

i'm a new owner of a persona 1.6m. after owning contis for the past few years, i would say this is a good replacement: fun to drive, much better finishing (after what i saw in the gen2 some yrs back) and surprisingly good fuel economy. i got it 2nd hand so it was a good buy for me by all stds.

another plus point: i always use auto stop when fueling locally and this persona always stops fueling at just nice swee swee 3/4 tank. very jb-frenly car i tot :)

Good for you. Congrats. I nearly bought a 2nd hand one. It was going for a song for a relatively new car. However, I just can't as I need to to crawl in and out of this car. [:p]

Edited by Kangadrool

persona nt bad lah...u should go test drive. As a matter of fact, the test drive really suprised me :)

I'm nt driving one but one of my friend living in Malaysia is. If you are interested, then really go test it out

Supercharged

persona nt bad lah...u should go test drive. As a matter of fact, the test drive really suprised me :)

I'm nt driving one but one of my friend living in Malaysia is. If you are interested, then really go test it out

Yes. We will really say WOW for the handling. The steering wheel is a bit heavy at car park speed. But when doing cornering, [thumbsup] .

I was beating a red light, doing 90o turn. It did not throw us to one side. I was very impressed.

Visit My Website

First the facelift Persona Elegance which features like side mirror LED indicator,New grill,LED tailights,Different interior,Alloy rims,Different ECU,And now this.Will it ever make it to Singapore?

Hi I m new here, kinda feel ??? Why people don't like persona... As 4 me i am driving persona 08 manual h-line.. So far this car is excellent for me, fuel economy power handling n good pick up.. I jus love my persona.. Any 1 interested in buying sscuss bucket seat, wts my seat at cheap2 price.. Still new condition

somehow, i feel the interior quality still reminds me of my proton iswara in current times....

if not, seems like a good buy.....

Neutral Newbie

is a good car.. cheap... only thing bad is the torque and brakes... and also there's no legal pipes availiable.. sad to say... alot of parts can be found in malaysia and damn cheap too.. =D the handling i feel is almost perfect for a 1.6m persona... very responsive...

i just got this car. i found reverse parking with this car difficult. somehow something feels wrong. is the rear too high? or side mirrors too small? or side mirrors' reflection weird? i dont know.. just find parking needs a lot of practise and getting use to with this car. everything else is nice, especially when cornering :D

anyone had reverse parking dificults with persona and can share tips to overcome this quickly? err.. other than installing a rear camera [rolleyes]