Open pod for Lancer CS3

Elmo

Hi,

Hope bros/sis here can recommend a workshop for installing open pod air filter setup for CS3.

Understand the installation will require a customised piping and the filter can choose from a wide range of brands and design.

Will also appreciate an estimate on the price of the setup.

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi,

Hope bros/sis here can recommend a workshop for installing open pod air filter setup for CS3.

Understand the installation will require a customised piping and the filter can choose from a wide range of brands and design.

Will also appreciate an estimate on the price of the setup.

Thank you.

U might get better/more tailored responses in e Lancer forum. U aware of e pros/cons of open pod??

• Praise 1

U might get better/more tailored responses in e Lancer forum. U aware of e pros/cons of open pod??

Hi!

Somehow I can't access the lancerclubsg forum. Probably some firewall settings so I thought I dropped a query here. There should be a lot of CS3 bros here.

I am asking on behalf of my colleague who is driving the CS3. She heard my open pod and loved the sound, though I explained that from what I understand, open pod will cause low-end to suffer but mid to high will be better. In my own car, I have done tuning so the overall result was good.

Anyway, she still wants to install one, so I am asking around for her.

Do advise me if I have missed out any other pros/cons.

Thks.

PM vogelspinnen or call him at 9011831. he's a lancer enthusiast with good lobangs.

Thks for the lead! [thumbsup]

PM replied :)

But ur fren might wanna know that if her car is an auto, her low-end will be crap if she changes to open pod, unless she does a proper heatshield with CAI. In that case then close-pod will be more recommended. Only it lacks e vroooom sound la, can hear, but nt as loud. Have fun modding! CS3 is a very fun car to mod :) cheap car with plenty of cheap parts

• Praise 1

But ur fren might wanna know that if her car is an auto, her low-end will be crap if she changes to open pod, unless she does a proper heatshield with CAI. In that case then close-pod will be more recommended. Only it lacks e vroooom sound la, can hear, but nt as loud. Have fun modding! CS3 is a very fun car to mod :) cheap car with plenty of cheap parts

oh hai! glad that im posting your number all over mcf? make you more active. hahaha...

Thks bro again!

Yep....her's an auto. It all started when I recommended her to bore the TB to 55mm. The result was very good and the car was more responsive. Then she heard the HKS mushroom in my car and like the sound. But told her if install open-pod, will cancel off her TB improvement, but she still want....well. Already found a refrigerator vendor contact that sells heat insulation material. May fashion a crude heat shield for her or leave it to the professionals you recommended earlier.

Cheers!

Thks bro again!

Yep....her's an auto. It all started when I recommended her to bore the TB to 55mm. The result was very good and the car was more responsive. Then she heard the HKS mushroom in my car and like the sound. But told her if install open-pod, will cancel off her TB improvement, but she still want....well. Already found a refrigerator vendor contact that sells heat insulation material. May fashion a crude heat shield for her or leave it to the professionals you recommended earlier.

Cheers!

HKS's filtration not very good.

For open pod, I would suggest go for Apexi brand.

Since your friend's car is an auto, for the compensation of her low end loss, it is advisable to go for heatshield and CAI (for better performance).