Mac Donald $2.50 Breakfast meal

Driven

Neutral Newbie

Its been awhile since i last visited Mac Donald for breakfast. I used to grab the $2/- bf. Reasonably cheap.

Went over to have bf recently only to find out the price has increased to $2.50. When asked why the increase...the floor manager told me it was becos they upgraded the coffee to premium lot. Fair enough...i followed by asking "But why am i paying the same price for the same meal with "tea", did Mac also upgraded the tea"? I did not get any answer and I dont think its fair to the diners. [shakehead]

Any MCFers working at Mac to tell us why?

This topic may have been posted before, i duno.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Haha actualy u're right.I din tink abt the increase until u raised the issue abt the tea & I always ordered tea bcoz I dun drink coffee.Anyway I'd rather they give me more discount coz I can dun order tea as I can get free tea fm office pantry hehe.

The floor manager was just entertaining u la bro.

Price increase because standard of living is increasing ma.

Everyone wants to earn more now. Price of everything is increasing.

The manager could not have said that to u so he gave some funny excuse lor haha.

What coffee use more premium ones now... b-------t [laugh]

The floor manager was just entertaining u la bro.

Price increase because standard of living is increasing ma.

Everyone wants to earn more now. Price of everything is increasing.

The manager could not have said that to u so he gave some funny excuse lor haha.

What coffee use more premium ones now... b-------t [laugh]

Are they serving brew coffee, similar to Mac Cafe? considered premium if it is.

Haha actualy u're right.I din tink abt the increase until u raised the issue abt the tea & I always ordered tea bcoz I dun drink coffee.Anyway I'd rather they give me more discount coz I can dun order tea as I can get free tea fm office pantry hehe.

Tea is cheaper, probably using teabag with hot water

Go coffeeshop better

Sit beside someone who ordered coffee few days back. The colour of coffee was horrid!!!! Definitely taste terrible one.

Always have problem with their coffee - getting bad throat after drinking.

dun tink even anyone working at mac can tell u anyting... cos tis increase is not approved by anyone but only the top management sitting in aircon room can make tis decision...

Its been awhile since i last visited Mac Donald for breakfast. I used to grab the $2/- bf. Reasonably cheap.

Went over to have bf recently only to find out the price has increased to $2.50. When asked why the increase...the floor manager told me it was becos they upgraded the coffee to premium lot. Fair enough...i followed by asking "But why am i paying the same price for the same meal with "tea", did Mac also upgraded the tea"? I did not get any answer and I dont think its fair to the diners. [shakehead]

Any MCFers working at Mac to tell us why?

This topic may have been posted before, i duno.

you have been punk'd!! [laugh][:p]

Neutral Newbie

Maybe i should feedback to these top management. Will be interesting to know wat they going to say and the reasoning.

[dizzy]

It was announced/advertised that they have upgraded their coffee to "premium" grade. Coffee powder may be upgraded, but a lot depends on how the staff "poaw" the coffee. Guess it's too diluted most of the time - I see light brownish colour i/o black and it looks rather un-appetizing.

2.50 not expensive for a burger and 1 drink though from this glamourous restaurant. Go malay hawker stall, they also sell burger at 2.50 each and no drink.

Neutral Newbie

i know wat you are saying .

Wat i am puzzled is " why do they charge $2.50 for the same meal with " tea" . Tea wasnt upgrade to premium. Therefore the price should maintain for the tea package.

[confused]

It was announced/advertised that they have upgraded their coffee to "premium" grade. Coffee powder may be upgraded, but a lot depends on how the staff "poaw" the coffee. Guess it's too diluted most of the time - I see light brownish colour i/o black and it looks rather un-appetizing.

2.50 not expensive for a burger and 1 drink though from this glamourous restaurant. Go malay hawker stall, they also sell burger at 2.50 each and no drink.

Chain restaurants usually able to purchase their food supplies at a cheaper rate due to economic of scale hence they are able to price their item reasonably. Question is whether they want or not

Agree totally.

Try going to any foodcourt or even hawker store and see if there are any burger + drink = $2.50

When I last worked in McD in 1991, we just put the filter paper + coffee powder into the machine and it will make the coffee into a glass flask. Anyone order the coffee, just pour from the flask to the cup. Thatz all. :D

But thatz long long time technology lah. Not sure how they do it now. I dont drink coffee or tea and change my drink to orange juice or ice milo.

Chain restaurants usually able to purchase their food supplies at a cheaper rate due to economic of scale hence they are able to price their item reasonably. Question is whether they want or not

Actually hor, i tink they alrdy priced it very cheaply liao considering

U get: air-con + wireless access + cleaner table + nicer environment + burger + coffee/tea = $2.50

Good deal liao lar [thumbsup]

I go industrial estate canteen to buy 1 kong guan pau + kopi also cost me more than $2 liao. [shakehead]

Agreed totally.

If MacD sells it at $4, then I will kpkb. Else, 2.50 is a deal plus a drink. No complaint; just change coffee to tea (if I don't want the coffee).

↡ Advertisement