Want to operate exhaust. Which shop better?

Pandaeyes

Which shop is better?   

167 members have voted

1. 1. Please select

• Jeep Chee
    • Fong Kim
    • Racetech
    • Man Exhaust
    • Others

Please advise MAN Exhaust and Jeep Chee address & contact .... want to change the exhaust tip as well ,

my car's exhaust is curve , blow onto the ground instead of straight .. ugly ...

Will changing of exhaust tip void warranty of the car ?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I like MAN, honest man, doesn't hard sell unlike other shops. Workmanship by the man himself is [thumbsup] . Had him adjust my titanium exhaust. The tips were not aligned on both sides. Took meticulous care and was patient and did the job to near perfection.

And on top of it all, labour charges were cheap [nod] Friends go there for operation of stock exos systems, workmanship no complaints.

Man is alright.

But his foreman got one big attitute problem.

I was having the perception that i was treated 2nd class since i drove a jap car only. But after i change to a conti car, he still gives the same bad attitute. One big mood swing.

by the way high flow CAT better or operate CAT to semi is better??????

is there any dyno or backpressure gauge to show when there do there kind of job?

High flow CAT better still have low end instore... [rolleyes]

Operate CAT to semi got such thing ha..sorry..CAT can cut to half is it...my friend drill holes on his.. [dizzy]

My opinion is that if u want to operate might as well go without CAT and sacrifice the low end completely and get a legal muffler to cater some backpressure...

Cheers just sharing.. [sunny]

had bad experience with FK

my workshop recommend to go to FK

thought can get cheaper price for operating muffller

end up paying $300 +.

when i told my workshop guy, he was also furious cos he has been referring customers to FK all along

worse still, during inspection ..weld marks visible, so fail ...

told my workshop guy...my workshop guy bang table with FK

had to bring in back to FK to remove weld marks...then can pass...

so a lot of time and effort wasted

Neutral Newbie

High flow CAT better still have low end instore... [rolleyes]

Operate CAT to semi got such thing ha..sorry..CAT can cut to half is it...my friend drill holes on his.. [dizzy]

My opinion is that if u want to operate might as well go without CAT and sacrifice the low end completely and get a legal muffler to cater some backpressure...

Cheers just sharing.. [sunny]

de-cat gives u better low end leh. and muffler is for sound effect only. wat back pressure u talking?

Neutral Newbie

had bad experience with FK

my workshop recommend to go to FK..........

told my workshop guy...my workshop guy bang table with FK.........

I like ur workshop. Care to share?

Hi others,

If legal exhaust mod(LTA certified exhaust), go where? same places?

de-cat gives u better low end leh. and muffler is for sound effect only. wat back pressure u talking?

I decat before, no choice have to put back or else Picano can even drive faster then me. But back to Stock.

Neutral Newbie

I decat before, no choice have to put back or else Picano can even drive faster then me. But back to Stock.

so is it car or driver problem? how come most drivers r happier after decat?

Sorry bro..not to upset anyone..just sharing to rest my case.. [wave]

once u decat there's no restriction from within the pipe so its a straight flow..once a straight flow..the air/fuel mixture also change in the system..to have more fuel than air or vice versa..thats why u mention ppl happy after decat as your paddle become softer when accelerate..but u can try the pickup side by side with another same model car that is still stock whose pickup good...the decat car will win after a few distance more but not the starting..

for muffler depend on the design and calculation and not just sound...sound can be so loud but car goes like a snail because of lack in backpessure ...backpressure needed to act like thrust to move car thus the sound can goes from soft to loud...and not loud all the way..

Sorry if my 2 cents not clear..just sharing.. [blush][blush]

As mention by koseiwish, decat will have problem at Low RPM.

But I think is apply to smaller CC car and for those ppl like me want to maintain RPM less then 3000 RPM.

If your daily drive is to floor yr pedal every traffic light from 800 RPM to 6000 RPM, then decat maybe suit u.

Neutral Newbie

i only go to man exoz or racetech... gd prices n workmanship...

decat only affect smaller cc cars for unusual rpm.. but for 1600cc abv no prob

[pirate]

Edited by Subarugt

sometimes i wonder since everyone is so worried about low end torque / back pressure and stuff..

why not go side plant?

you get to choose as and when u want to have it activated . or for those electronic type it either goes auto by boost or rpm or simply by a

flick of a lever you get to on or off it

best part you get to keep your STOCK muffler and mid pipe .

incase some of you guys do not know wats that , go google side plant aka power valve.

there are few shops doing it here . good and reliable ones cost around 500 for the manual on off cable type whereas electronic ones cost up to

1.2k.

↡ Advertisement