CIMB Credit Card

Ccssgm

side track abit.

infact the starsaver program is very good to keep floating cash around waiting for another big market crash compared to any other banks in sgp now.

the limit is till sgd$1mil max at 1.2% pa. so with 500$ giro into the account, (if there is no crawlback condition), starting with $1mil-$6012=$993688, u only need 5mth or $2.5k more to yield 1.2% and close the account and reopen under another person eg. wife again.

month start saving + $500 a mth until amt hit 1mil

0.00 994,000.00 0.00

1.00 995,480.38 979.38

2.00 996,962.23 980.84

3.00 998,445.53 982.31

4.00 999,930.30 983.77

5.00 1,001,416.53 985.23

6.00 1,002,404.23 987.70

7.00 1,003,392.91 988.67

8.00 1,004,382.56 989.65

9.00 1,005,373.18 990.63

10.00 1,006,364.78 991.60

11.00 1,007,357.37 992.58

12.00 1,008,350.93 993.56

don't need so troublesome, can put in one lump sum. don't need +500 every month.

the system will calculate for you.

example if you put in $20,000.

$20,000 - initial deposit ($5000) = $15000

$15 000/$500 = 30 mths

so for 30 months you will enjoy 1.2% on the $20,000.

if you put $1mil in, you will enjoy 1.2% for the full sum. every month $1000 interest credited.

the balance amount above $1mil, will earn 0.5%.

but one couple can open 3 accounts.

Husband alone.

Wife alone.

Husband and wife joint.

opened through my cousin.

Hassle-free.

Email me the form, filled up. courier collect from me.

PM if you guys want his contact.

I think he can help to open the credit cards too.

I'm not gaining anything from this.

The bank is giving you free $$$, why not? [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Zippaboy

if you are promoting the cards... you should try to promote the benfits instead of just the common annual free waiver......

I'm not promoting the cards

I jus to Share Good Stuff to MCForumer :mellow:

IMO, this is the card to take if you frequent Malaysia as there are many merchants tie up there.

No harm getting since it is hassel free and no annual fee involved. [thumbsup]

Cheers!

Somemore Get rewarded with 0.5% cash rebate on all local spend,

and 1% cash rebate on all foreign [idea]

cant be no limit right?

if one person make 30k a month, does it mean the limit is 120k?

No need 30k, If he make 10k a month,

Credit limit already 100K

CIMB WORLD MasterCard credit limit is minimum 10 X your monthly salary [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

IMO, this is the card to take if you frequent Malaysia as there are many merchants tie up there.

No harm getting since it is hassel free and no annual fee involved. [thumbsup]

Cheers!

There is no withdrawal charges in Genting if u use this card.

There is no withdrawal charges in Genting if u use this card.

[nod][nod]

Note :Finance charge in the form of Cash Advance interest of 24% p.a., subject to

a minimum S$2.50, will be calculated on a daily basis and levied on the amount

withdrawn from the withdrawal date until full payment is made

old thread ...

but anyone applied CIMB about 2 months back during the food expo ?

i signed up coz my wfe like the travel suitcase they were giving ... got the card about 1 month later and used it but till now never receive redemption for the bag ...

lucky the card is free of subscription ... so i guess i'll just chuck it into my card folder file as a momento ... since they are so unreliable.

old thread ...

i signed up coz my wfe like the travel suitcase they were giving ... got the card about 1 month later and used it but till now never receive redemption for the bag ...

lucky the card is free of subscription ... so i guess i'll just chuck it into my card folder file as a momento ... since they are so unreliable.

Maybe need to spend a certain amount of money within a period to get the suitcase?

old thread ...

Why don't you call up the bank and ask?

They can be super slow at these kind of things. To be fair, it is a 3rd party who handles the gift distribution so maybe that's why it's slower but call.

• Praise 3

Call up to check. It needs at least one month to process though they may mentioned it's two weeks depending on cutoff dates. That's my experience with HSBC.

Check T&C on requirement of min. sum / number of transactions spent. I think HSBC is the only one w/o this; just make first purchase will get.

old thread ...

Think because of the Xiaomi promotion CIMB seems overwhelmed with back log. I also applied 1 month no sound no picture. But since it's biggest draw is the lifetime free membership, will not complain too much.

Nowadays a lot of credit cards pulling all stops to draw customers, all chut different stunt. Like I recently also applied Robinsons' card cause the promoter keep asking, and also for the $130 gift vouchers. But in the end so far I have spent more than $200 at John Little, Robinsons and M&S still have not use the voucher because it cannot be used for promotion items. But now is sales period almost everything is on promo. I think most likely the vouchers will just expire by 31Dec haha

Think because of the Xiaomi promotion CIMB seems overwhelmed with back log. I also applied 1 month no sound no picture. But since it's biggest draw is the lifetime free membership, will not complain too much.

Nowadays a lot of credit cards pulling all stops to draw customers, all chut different stunt. Like I recently also applied Robinsons' card cause the promoter keep asking, and also for the $130 gift vouchers. But in the end so far I have spent more than $200 at John Little, Robinsons and M&S still have not use the voucher because it cannot be used for promotion items. But now is sales period almost everything is on promo. I think most likely the vouchers will just expire by

Think @Radx kelong one, how come he can get before you n so fast some more. I didn't even apply cos I already hv one CIMB card and also thought it would be overwhelming scared in the end won't get the phone.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 5

Robinson/JL/M&S vouchers used to be very "honest" one. How come now cannot be used for promotion items? Very disappointed!

Long time ago, their vouchers can be revalidated even after expiry. Then, they stopped it.

Vouchers should be honoured for all types of purchases as they are cash-in-lieu unless we are talking about Discount vouchers.

Merchants need to get the acts right and CASE needs to be more proactive in their pursue for consumers' rights.

I still have $60 Taka vouchers for donkey years. I think this is the only merchant left without voucher's expiry.

Nowadays a lot of credit cards pulling all stops to draw customers, all chut different stunt. Like I recently also applied Robinsons' card cause the promoter keep asking, and also for the $130 gift vouchers. But in the end so far I have spent more than $200 at John Little, Robinsons and M&S still have not use the voucher because it cannot be used for promotion items. But now is sales period almost everything is on promo. I think most likely the vouchers will just expire by 31Dec haha

Guess so. Most banks outsourced this to 3rd parties and due to overwhelming response, they have to be processed in batch as I understood from the CSO. So, if you missed the cutoff date, you will need to wait for next batch.

Robinson/JL/M&S vouchers used to be very "honest" one. How come now cannot be used for promotion items? Very disappointed!

Long time ago, their vouchers can be revalidated even after expiry. Then, they stopped it.

Vouchers should be honoured for all types of purchases as they are cash-in-lieu unless we are talking about Discount vouchers.

Merchants need to get the acts right and CASE needs to be more proactive in their pursue for consumers' rights.

I still have $60 Taka vouchers for donkey years. I think this is the only merchant left without voucher's expiry.

Well said bro! Yes Taka vouchers no expiry. Robinsons think its 2 yrs?

I also nearly signed up for the OCBC card as well but precisely cos their sign up vouchers although total is $130, had conditions; I decide against. Anyway I already hv the pure Robinsons card so sufficient.

That said, think the real Robinsons voucher is ok, no strings attached. This sign up one is like what people always say "want to give, like don't want to give" (hokkien version) 😃

• Praise 4

I see... If they have differentiated their regular vouchers against their "discount" vouchers and card applicants who sign up are made aware, then it seems fair enough. But, like what you said, it's like not very happy to give kind of gifts. Lol...

I have been using Robinson voucher in the past and never had problems redeeming any products on promotion.

Well said bro! Yes Taka vouchers no expiry. Robinsons think its 2 yrs?
I also nearly signed up for the OCBC card as well but precisely cos their sign up vouchers although total is $130, had conditions; I decide against. Anyway I already hv the pure Robinsons card so sufficient.

That said, think the real Robinsons voucher is ok, no strings attached. This sign up one is like what people always say "want to give, like don't want to give" (hokkien version) 𐈃

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement