• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

Madwolf
  • Madwolf
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I have a 7 month old battery which is almost flat, (warranty is 1 year )
When for a replacement, According to the shop it is "new" replacement,
But that "New" battery only lasted 1 month and I felt the car battery is weak again
When back to the same shop to check, They used the meter to check and confirm it good and new. Claim that the fault is with my car.
My car was unable to start on one occasion and needed another car to jump start it.

But after difficulty cranking start for another week I when to another shop to check.
The battery was indeed week and need replacement, I also noted that the new shop used 600A to test my battery instead of 60A which the original shop use.

After replacing the "New" battery all the problem are gone.
I also found that the "new" battery have a marking which is 1 years old, So the replacement battery was actually a used battery.

thumbsdown.gif to the shop who sold me that battery and thumbsdown.gif to the kind of services provided.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:12 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

But that "New" battery only lasted 1 month and I felt the car battery is weak again
When back to the same shop to check, They used the meter to check and confirm it good and new. Claim that the fault is with my car.
My car was unable to start on one occasion and needed another car to jump start it.

But after difficulty cranking start for another week I when to another shop to check.
The battery was indeed week and need replacement, I also noted that the new shop used 600A to test my battery instead of 60A which the original shop use.

I also found that the "new" battery have a marking which is 1 years old, So the replacement battery was actually a used battery.

thumbsdown.gif to the shop who sold me that battery and thumbsdown.gif to the kind of services provided.

Well, you can bring the "new" battery back to them together with your receipt, the 1 year marking and showed that your current new replacement revealed there is nothing wrong with the car and it is their battery. Not sure whether you can get back any refund. But I reckon that they might be very defensive about it and all the hassle of arguing with them.
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Can PM me the name of this shop and its address so that I can avoid it? Mine stock battery is more than 2 yrs old and I'm waiting for it to die on day soon.
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Can you adv me what type of high discharge battery tester yr battery shop is using. Frankly never have come across 600amp high discharge tester unless it is a standalone coil. Most of the high discharge lead acid battery testers come equipped with fix resistance heating coil of 100 or 150amp

Edited by Yeobh, 06 September 2009 - 04:09 PM.

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

Nerdyfrog
  • Premium member
    Nerdyfrog
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

actually the AA seems a good place to get it, in view of all the support the AA gives.

Mine's an old car (5 years), so i really need all the 24hr free roadside assistance.

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

Madwolf
  • Madwolf
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I am sorry the test setting is for 600A is for (Cold cranking Amps), I did a bit of research the AMP under test is not 600A but the setting is.

There are a few standard like DIN and EN, The test parameters are actually written on the battery itself.

You could read more by searching about "Cold Cranking Amps" on Google.

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:43 AM

Freemen
  • Premium member
    Freemen
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Any idea how long can a battery last, my coming 2 years still looking good.
Autobots, Transform & move OUT !!

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:29 PM

Tommisu
  • Tommisu
    Clutched
    Author Image

Depends, usually 1.5 - 2 years. But if your car runs a lot on electronic stuff, dun be surprised it quit on you only after 1 year.

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:08 PM

JudeL
  • JudeL
    Clutched
    Author Image

Where is this place?? So we can all AVOID!!

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Where is this place?? So we can all AVOID!!

look at the date when posted. Its almost a decade ago.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:09 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think the place should be closed down by now.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Back to Complaints  ·  General Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Battery, replacement, under and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users