Battery replacement under warrenty

Madwolf

Neutral Newbie

I have a 7 month old battery which is almost flat, (warranty is 1 year )

When for a replacement, According to the shop it is "new" replacement,

But that "New" battery only lasted 1 month and I felt the car battery is weak again

When back to the same shop to check, They used the meter to check and confirm it good and new. Claim that the fault is with my car.

My car was unable to start on one occasion and needed another car to jump start it.

But after difficulty cranking start for another week I when to another shop to check.

The battery was indeed week and need replacement, I also noted that the new shop used 600A to test my battery instead of 60A which the original shop use.

After replacing the "New" battery all the problem are gone.

I also found that the "new" battery have a marking which is 1 years old, So the replacement battery was actually a used battery.

[thumbsdown] to the shop who sold me that battery and [thumbsdown] to the kind of services provided.

↡ Advertisement

But that "New" battery only lasted 1 month and I felt the car battery is weak again

When back to the same shop to check, They used the meter to check and confirm it good and new. Claim that the fault is with my car.

My car was unable to start on one occasion and needed another car to jump start it.

But after difficulty cranking start for another week I when to another shop to check.

The battery was indeed week and need replacement, I also noted that the new shop used 600A to test my battery instead of 60A which the original shop use.

I also found that the "new" battery have a marking which is 1 years old, So the replacement battery was actually a used battery.

[thumbsdown] to the shop who sold me that battery and [thumbsdown] to the kind of services provided.

Well, you can bring the "new" battery back to them together with your receipt, the 1 year marking and showed that your current new replacement revealed there is nothing wrong with the car and it is their battery. Not sure whether you can get back any refund. But I reckon that they might be very defensive about it and all the hassle of arguing with them.

Can PM me the name of this shop and its address so that I can avoid it? Mine stock battery is more than 2 yrs old and I'm waiting for it to die on day soon.

Can you adv me what type of high discharge battery tester yr battery shop is using. Frankly never have come across 600amp high discharge tester unless it is a standalone coil. Most of the high discharge lead acid battery testers come equipped with fix resistance heating coil of 100 or 150amp

Edited by Yeobh

actually the AA seems a good place to get it, in view of all the support the AA gives.

Mine's an old car (5 years), so i really need all the 24hr free roadside assistance.

Neutral Newbie

I am sorry the test setting is for 600A is for (Cold cranking Amps), I did a bit of research the AMP under test is not 600A but the setting is.

There are a few standard like DIN and EN, The test parameters are actually written on the battery itself.

You could read more by searching about "Cold Cranking Amps" on Google.

thumbsdown.gif to the shop who sold me that battery and thumbsdown.gif to the kind of services provided.

Where is this place?? So we can all AVOID!!