Removing windows tinting

Sofarsogood

Hello there,

Nearing my inspection date soon. My car's windows tinting confirmed failed one. To remove it, is it as simple as removing sticker like that? Need to take any precautions?

↡ Advertisement

1) Get a spray action bottle and fill it with soap water.

2) Spray the soap water over the tinting, wait for the film to soak for a while, spray more if not wet enough.

3) Get ready a razor blade (single piece of blade) and a piece of cloth.

4) Gently remove the film by tearing it slowly.

5) Some pieces of the film might get stubborn and stick to the window. Use the razor blade to scrape the pieces of film. You can also use it to scrape the adhesive residue left on your window. When things are drying up spray more soap water onto the window and continue scraping.

Oh yeah, the piece of cloth is for you to put at the bottom of the window to seal the gap, to prevent all the soap water from flowing into your car door.

It's good that you do the top half of the window first. Wind down abit of the window and use the razor to scrape out the top edges first after the soaking. Having another person to help you scrape as you tear out the film is even better.

Hello there,

Nearing my inspection date soon. My car's windows tinting confirmed failed one. To remove it, is it as simple as removing sticker like that? Need to take any precautions?

careful when removing the rear flim it might destory your heater

I juz sent my vehicle to the car workshop and they send in on my behalf for inspection and has passed (window tinted dark also), juz pay additional $50/- on top of the inspection charge. [thumbsup]

So its confirmed not a myth?

That there is a way indeed when money talks!

I am not police....can you send me the contacts?

My boyfriend has a motorcycle that has illegal exhaust that is due for inspection in October.

Its either he spend the $50 for workmanship to the workshop change back the original exhaust or directly to the inspector without running the extra trouble of reinstalling back the illegal exhaust after inspection.

Thanks.

I juz sent my vehicle to the car workshop and they send in on my behalf for inspection and has passed (window tinted dark also), juz pay additional $50/- on top of the inspection charge. [thumbsup]

So its confirmed not a myth?

That there is a way indeed when money talks!

I am not police....can you send me the contacts?

My boyfriend has a motorcycle that has illegal exhaust that is due for inspection in October.

Its either he spend the $50 for workmanship to the workshop change back the original exhaust or directly to the inspector without running the extra trouble of reinstalling back the illegal exhaust after inspection.

Thanks.

People talking about car workshop...u talking about bike. Huh? [confused][confused][confused]

He has beem spamming the forum, dig out every thread with the key word 'tinting' and post his complain, apparently he sign up MCF just to do this..

[hur]

He has beem spamming the forum, dig out every thread with the key word 'tinting' and post his complain, apparently he sign up MCF just to do this..

[hur]

hate this type of fellow....

↡ Advertisement