Salary Survey - ever wonder how much forumers are making?

Thargor

MCF informal salary survey  

210 members have voted

1. 1. On average what is your monthly salary? (Annual gross including bonus, commision and AWS / 12)

• Below $3,000 SGD
    • $3,000 - $4,999 SGD
    • $5,000 - $6,999 SGD
    • $7,000 - $8,999 SGD
    • $9,000 - $11,999 SGD
    • Above $12,0000 SGD

Yah, Mini Stars can lah. For us peasants, forget it man.

You are right, maybe erection coming so come here test test. [rolleyes]

[shocked][shocked]

Edited by 999

since this is car forum, maybe TS should tweak

0 - 3000

3001 - 6000

6001 - 10,000

10,001 - 15,000

15,001 - 20,000

20,001 - 30,000

30,000 - 50,000

50,001 up

no lah, let narrow down to:

$1 - $20,000

$20,001 & above

then most if us in the happy family, we will wonder why the odd one can make so much and still surf mcf all the time [confused]

Turbocharged

Over 50% of respondents in this survey are mid income earners, earning up to $7,000. Wonder how they can sustain a car.

Supersonic

Over 50% of respondents in this survey are mid income earners, earning up to $7,000. Wonder how they can sustain a car.

Survey was from 2009 leh. A dollar was worth much more then.

Even so, 7k a month is definitely still enough to sustain a car in 2017.

Turbocharged
(edited)

$7000 gross,

Take home  $5,600

Minus monthly car installment, petrol, parking, maintenance etc. - $1,500

You are left with $4,000 for housing loan to pay out of the pocket if CPF cannot cover, electricity, conservancy fees, housing, food and childrens' education and other expenses, and support parents.

This kind of person will have little, if any savings. Once the job is lost, all hell will break loose.

[shocked]

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

But my salary did not increase much from 2009 to 2017 le?! Think my boss still pay me 2009 era salary and still think that my salary now is not consider low?! But my boss should be getting a big fat salary.  [bigcry]

• Praise 1

But my salary did not increase much from 2009 to 2017 le?! Think my boss still pay me 2009 era salary and still think that my salary now is not consider low?! But my boss should be getting a big fat salary.  [bigcry]

more importantly, if you look at the CPF website, to retired at age 65, smelly u need 1 mil.

I was thinking, thats present for when I retired. Fast forward to future, probably COE is 100K min. my 1 mil is like 100 K now.. ?

Supersonic

$7000 gross,

Take home  $5,600

You are left with $4,000 for housing loan to pay out of the pocket if CPF cannot cover, electricity, conservancy fees, housing, food and childrens' education and other expenses, and support parents.

This kind of person will have little, if any savings. Once the job is lost, all hell will break loose.

[shocked]

There are people on a 3k salary (well, they might have some grants) "surviving" after paying the electricity, conservancy fees, food and education. Admittedly, they might not have much room for savings after that.

I cannot speak for others but for as a dual income household, my share of the following is about 1k per month (so 2k total). "electricity, conservancy fees, housing, food and childrens' education"

With the low FD interest rates, I've also switched to using my excess cash to pay for my housing loan (paying 1$ with CPF as I am not sure if it reducing it to 0 will mean I have to reapply next time). I believe that at 7k, it's plenty comfortable to own a car but you have to make some trade offs like no luxury goods (doesn't add value to me) and no/limited restaurants or cafe meals (my lowbrow taste buds don't like expensive food anyway). 

Hypersonic

$7000 gross,

Take home  $5,600

Minus monthly car installment, petrol, parking, maintenance etc. - $1,500  $900  (less after grab hitch "earnings")

[shocked]

these people sure say

huat ah!   :D

• Praise 2

Supersonic

There are people on a 3k salary (well, they might have some grants) "surviving" after paying the electricity, conservancy fees, food and education. Admittedly, they might not have much room for savings after that.

I cannot speak for others but for as a dual income household, my share of the following is about 1k per month (so 2k total). "electricity, conservancy fees, housing, food and childrens' education"

With the low FD interest rates, I've also switched to using my excess cash to pay for my housing loan (paying 1$ with CPF as I am not sure if it reducing it to 0 will mean I have to reapply next time). I believe that at 7k, it's plenty comfortable to own a car but you have to make some trade offs like no luxury goods (doesn't add value to me) and no/limited restaurants or cafe meals (my lowbrow taste buds don't like expensive food anyway). 

If you refer to total income per household, even a person is earning 3k salary is still consider sufficient for a family. Example if wife is on 3k salary and hubby is on 5k salary, total income is 8k and think it should be enough to sustain all the expenses. One of my previous company, there was one colleague earning around 3k and yet my colleague can afford a house, car and kids. So i assume my colleague is not the sole earner for the family.

Supersonic

Haha. This one is between your boss and you - if you really think he is underpaying you then ask him fly kite lor.

Anyway, 7k pm also depends on many factors like your age/industry/etc. If you get 7k per month in 2009 at the peak of your career then its probably not that much. But if you get 7k per month as a fresh grad then there's plenty of room left to grow.

If you refer to total income per household, even a person is earning 3k salary is still consider sufficient for a family. Example if wife is on 3k salary and hubby is on 5k salary, total income is 8k and think it should be enough to sustain all the expenses. One of my previous company, there was one colleague earning around 3k and yet my colleague can afford a house, car and kids. So i assume my colleague is not the sole earner for the family.

I agree. But the survey here is just for the MCFer's income. If you consider expenses for kids then most families are dual income so the household income is increased as well.

Not only can sustain car, can sustain condo too.

The power of leverage.

Just dont kena deleverage and forced to tng korh

$7000 gross,

Take home $5,600

[shocked]

Huat ah

Huat ah

As per Sunny.

↡ Advertisement