Parkinson's Disease

Thug

Any bro or sis knows anyone with the above mentioned disease?

How is the disease affecting the sufferer?

How is it affecting the family financially?

How are they coping now?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Well , neither me or my family has it , but a neighbor has it. I researched on it once , its mainly a disorder in which a substance which controls your fine movements in the brain (dopamine) gets impaired due to destruction of the cells that produce it. As a result , you get trembling , impaired walking and facial features. This is how it affects the sufferer , fortunately, there are pills now, which are based on dopamine and can help palliate the problem.

This is as much as I can tell you because I have not asked those issues to my neighbors, but at least when I see the guy , he seems ok , sometimes he gets a little trembling , but the medication usually works well for him. I think he does well, because they went to the neurologist when the disease was starting and they have controlled it well.

I hope I could help you.

Regards

• Praise 2

my uncle is suffering from it...

as per the other bro mentions of the symtom...

was told that traning the brain, eg play Mj or some mind game, is helpful..bascally make the brain work more and mitigate the detoriating process...

Not too suer of the financal part...

Edited by Modykoh
  • Praise 2

Well , neither me or my family has it , but a neighbor has it. I researched on it once , its mainly a disorder in which a substance which controls your fine movements in the brain (dopamine) gets impaired due to destruction of the cells that produce it. As a result , you get trembling , impaired walking and facial features. This is how it affects the sufferer , fortunately, there are pills now, which are based on dopamine and can help palliate the problem.

This is as much as I can tell you because I have not asked those issues to my neighbors, but at least when I see the guy , he seems ok , sometimes he gets a little trembling , but the medication usually works well for him. I think he does well, because they went to the neurologist when the disease was starting and they have controlled it well.

I hope I could help you.

Regards

I read up yesterday about the disease and it seems modern medication is helpful to cut down the symptoms.

Also, sufferer tend to fell more as they are less agile than normal people. Hence for older pple who are suffering from it must be careful.

Thank you for ur sharing.

my uncle is suffering from it...

as per the other bro mentions of the symtom...

was told that traning the brain, eg play Mj or some mind game, is helpful..bascally make the brain work more and mitigate the detoriating process...

Not too suer of the financal part...

Parkinson disease doesn't cause death directly to the sufferer. However, due to the disease, the sufferer is less agile tends to fall even with the slightest push. It is the fall that can cause complications and also might case death to older pple. Kin of sufferer need to be very careful and show much care to sufferer.

I'm asking becoz someone I know has just been diagnose with Parkinson Disease. Trying to find out more to help the family.

Thank you for sharing.

Michael J Fox and Muhammad Ali is also suffering from it...

Oh yea...if u do a search in youtube on J Fox, he was shaking non-stop during a interview and those ignorant comments says he has short attention span shaking his leg so much. Damn those idiots.

• Praise 1

I read up yesterday about the disease and it seems modern medication is helpful to cut down the symptoms.

Also, sufferer tend to fell more as they are less agile than normal people. Hence for older pple who are suffering from it must be careful.

Thank you for ur sharing.

Man with Parkinson’s uses marijuana for the first time — and the results are amazing

Larry Smith is a former cop who lives in South Dakota. He’s had Parkinson’s for 20 years, which gives him symptoms including severe dyskinesia (uncontrolled movements), loss of voice and tremors.

Ride With Larry, a documentary about him and his extraordinary efforts to address his illness and raise awareness, has gone viral on social media—and it’s easy to see why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT8Zo_sfwo

• Praise 6

My late dad had it for many years until he passed on. His hands and fingers would tremble uncontrollably when he carries thing and when he tries to use his hand muscle. Still remembered when he tried holding on to a plate of rice with his finger. He nearly spilled the rice but still refuses help. The conditioned took a toll on him when he reached his 80s and dementia followed after he was given drugs to control the trembling and he passed on 3 yrs back. Just be careful when they are on their own....my late dad had a bad fall and things spirals down soon afterward.

Man with Parkinsonâs uses marijuana for the first time â and the results are amazing

Larry Smith is a former cop who lives in South Dakota. Heâs had Parkinsonâs for 20 years, which gives him symptoms including severe dyskinesia (uncontrolled movements), loss of voice and tremors.

Ride With Larry, a documentary about him and his extraordinary efforts to address his illness and raise awareness, has gone viral on social mediaâand itâs easy to see why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT8Zo_sfwo

Wooh...nice...good reason for a joint. But no good for my diet....will eat like nobody's business after a pot.
  • Praise 3

My late dad had it for many years until he passed on. His hands and fingers would tremble uncontrollably when he carries thing and when he tries to use his hand muscle. Still remembered when he tried holding on to a plate of rice with his finger. He nearly spilled the rice but still refuses help. The conditioned took a toll on him when he reached his 80s and dementia followed after he was given drugs to control the trembling and he passed on 3 yrs back. Just be careful when they are on their own....my late dad had a bad fall and things spirals down soon afterward.

Wooh...nice...good reason for a joint. But no good for my diet....will eat like nobody's business after a pot.

Sad to hear about your dad, drug are there for a reason being good or bad would be due to ill commercial abuses and over dosages that could cause uncontrollable harmful addictions.

• Praise 6

Sad to hear about your dad, drug are there for a reason being good or bad would be due to ill commercial abuses and over dosages that could cause uncontrollable harmful addictions.

thanks abang...been 3 yrs but i had always accept the inevitable. I dreamt of him a few yrs back....he didnt talk to me but seems to have moved in to a good place a place with a very nice open view of the sea. We thought he was getting better after the drugs as the trembling had disappeared and was walking briskly out of the hospital. A month later i noticed his foot was swollen and things took a turn for the worst a few month later.

* forget to mentioned he was also diagnosed with lung cancer after he was warded and it had already spread to his lower brain. We decided to let it be and didnt inform him of his condition.

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 3

Thanks for sharing

If we live old enough, we all will get parkinsons bec as we age we get slower, our balance gets worse and some forms of tremor will come

For those who get it very young, Mohd Ali's and MJ Fox 's journeys are most well documented

Link is an educational interview of a neurologist who weighs in on Ali's battle

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/a-neurologist-weighs-in-on-muhammad-alis-battle-with-parkinsons-disease

Looks like a very tough battle

In Singapore, there is a Parkinson centre opp Bishan bus interchange/mrt

• Praise 15

Thanks for sharing

If we live old enough, we all will get parkinsons bec as we age we get slower, our balance gets worse and some forms of tremor will come

For those who get it very young, Mohd Ali's and MJ Fox 's journeys are most well documented

Link is an educational interview of a neurologist who weighs in on Ali's battle

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/a-neurologist-weighs-in-on-muhammad-alis-battle-with-parkinsons-disease

Looks like a very tough battle

In Singapore, there is a Parkinson centre opp Bishan bus interchange/mrt

It was ok.....he was having Parkinson since he was about 55-60. Still mobile at the age of 80 but a wee bit slower. In 2013 he had a fall when he tripped at Giant while buying some fruits the week before cny, hospitalised and discharged and given drugs for his Parkinsons. He walked out of hospital like a 40 yr old man but things got worse when dementia set in. Not sure whether the drugs were the cause of it but he passed on in July the same yr. From the initial fall to his demise was about 6 month. And for an 83 yr old man.....i will say it was rather merciful. Edited by Eviilusion

Man with Parkinson’s uses marijuana for the first time — and the results are amazing

Larry Smith is a former cop who lives in South Dakota. He’s had Parkinson’s for 20 years, which gives him symptoms including severe dyskinesia (uncontrolled movements), loss of voice and tremors.

Ride With Larry, a documentary about him and his extraordinary efforts to address his illness and raise awareness, has gone viral on social media—and it’s easy to see why.

will get high or not ?  :D

• Praise 4

will get high or not ? :D

Thats why the fella became quiet mar and minus the shakes! Red eyes, sleepy, daydreaming and the need to eat.....symptom of taking marijuana!
↡ Advertisement