Mercedes CLS

Cerano

Neutral Newbie

The CLS was out in 2004 but landed in our Island in 2005. Mercedes only produced worldwide 4000 units in 2004 but increased to 6000 units a year but half of it goes to North America. So my friend not easy to have one on our road.

CLS is one of the best car produced by Mercedes Benz in term of design, new technology and engineering. A pc of Art, I should call it.

CLS350

272 BHP

0 to 100 in 7sec. Not bad for a big car with comfort.

The larger CLS63 AMG [thumbsup] over 500BHP

post-57473-1256396218_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Hi pls do your home work, CLS not in production ??????

Typical german cars got a 7-year life cycle. (that's on average. Some 6 years, some 8 years or more)

The CLS is now at its 5th year on sale. Now stop production still too early.

But new model or not, this CLS will definitely be a classic, just like the styling of the W220 merc.

Btw spy shots of the 2011 CLS: http://benzinsider.com/2009/02/mercedes-be...avy-camouflage/

It seems to have lost its curviness. If it ends up a lengthened E-/CL-coupe then it would be a disaster.

Edited by Alfisti168
  • Praise 1

i think the exterior is timeless and refreshing everytime i see one. very seldom do you see car designs age well with time.. and still carry the wow factor when you spot one. especially in this price range.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Not truth, Mercedes used to change in 10 years ave if the models are selling well but sometime what you have got it from so call spy shots, will not necessary that the model is changing soon. Every car mfgers especially the bigger one, already have their new pri- sucessor model in hand from the day the new model has been launched.

CLS current demands is high and only producing 6000units a year not because of poor demands but Mercedes want it as an classic car. If they are changing in 2010, Mercedes unable to justify the cost to build the CLS. But maybe later ???

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Not cheap at S$279K from C&C. Almost the same price with S300. Anyway one of the best designed car by Mercedes. I will go for The CLS instead of the S-class.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, best looking mercs for me. The design is really ahead of it's time. Somehow i always compare it to bmw 630. Though it's 4 door to 2 door

• Praise 2

Hey guys

do you guys like the exterior of the CLS?

Some people love it and some hate the way it curves.

Just looking to hear your views!

Of course the exterior nice [thumbsup] and it a merz .

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

CLS is a 4 door coupe.

But if I want 4 doors and the space, I would get something like E-class/A6 etc.

If I buy a coupe, I hope it will be this:

2685327345_13a6359e45.jpg

• Praise 2

i think the exterior is timeless and refreshing everytime i see one. very seldom do you see car designs age well with time.. and still carry the wow factor when you spot one. especially in this price range.

Yes, 100% definitely. Evn after 10 years

my mistake

(;

p.s. i saw a new W212 E300 from CnC today on the road along AYE.

i think the shipment has come

I wonder how many W219 CLS in Singapore now.... I owned 2 n could be collectors item
  • Praise 2

Yes, 100% definitely. Evn after 10 years

I wonder how many W219 CLS in Singapore now.... I owned 2 n could be collectors item

Not many ... maybe 5 left?  Well unless we renew COE ... but its still looking good after 10 years!