Considering these 2 sedans, all comments appreciated [wave]

Allion

Better FC

Super CVT-i + VVT-i

Reclining rear seats

Sylphy

Gd svc centre

Luxurious interior

Pricing-wise both around the same range & OMV of around 18k thereabouts.

Edited by Diesel
↡ Advertisement

Considering these 2 sedans, all comments appreciated [wave]

Allion

Better FC

Super CVT-i + VVT-i

Reclining rear seats

Sylphy

Gd svc centre

Luxurious interior

Pricing-wise both around the same range & OMV of around 18k thereabouts.

In terms of comfort level and quiet cabin, Nissan definitely better than Toyota. [thumbsup]

Importantly, Sylphy is not being used as TAXI. [thumbsup]

Not to mention, better Service Centre Support by Tan Chong. [thumbsup]

Edited by Tas0577

I have tested the Sylphy & was very impressed. Have not tried the Allion (although my boss driving the 1.8 version) so can't really compare in this aspect.

For me whether taxis using the same model not really an issue, is more of a perception to others, not to myself [thumbsup] thankfully most taxis on the roads are colourfully decorated :D

The factors which are affecting my decision are:

1. Servicing & maintenance (Nissan)

2. FC (Toyota)

3. Interior (Nissan)

4. Exterior (Toyota for its sportier looks)

I think features & functions wise both are very similar (keyless ignition, climate control, foot-brake, etc).

[drivingcar]

awaiting Allion owners to come in with their experiences with the various PIs [laugh]

I'm quite certain TC are very reliable & hassle-free on the buying part [thumbsup]

sylphy for me...it jus looks much more refined...allion and forte looks alike and i prefer the forte haha

anyw a fren of mine has the Allion SJK plate, she was driving Getz previously and she says Allion underpowered.. [jawdrop]

both are good car, but i can tell u tan chong's servicing is not bad, and quite inexpensive for an A.D.

Sylphy's rear space is good, 1.5 litre engine is good enough, and gear box (4 AT or cvt) is smooth.

Maybe I can give my take as an Allion owner. I just recently bought a Toyota Allion and I'm enjoying it so far. Had no problems with my PI and all. I must say up till now, colleagues and friends who have seen and sat in the car have nothing but positive comments. Comparing with my friend who owns a Sylphy, I prefer the Allion's design but interms of leg room at the back, Sylphy wins. Interior quality wise of course it goes to Nissan. Handling and power wise I think both are on par. At the end of the day, you should go down personally to the showroom, sit in the car and get a feel of it.

Edited by NightFox

sylphy for me...it jus looks much more refined...allion and forte looks alike and i prefer the forte haha

anyw a fren of mine has the Allion SJK plate, she was driving Getz previously and she says Allion underpowered.. [jawdrop]

I don't think it's fair to determine that the Allion is underpowered compared to the Sylphy just because your friend used to drive a Getz before switching to Allion. IMO, both Allion and Sylphy are underpowered....then again it's not a sports car.....more of a small luxury sedan.

There is one thing which we usally ignore; the shoulder room behind.

While the leg room is important, the shoulder room will determine whether 3 person can sit comfortably behind.

Anyone know which car has a bigger shoulder room?

I like Allion for it's reclining back seat , I also like Syphy for it's interior refinement.

though choice. [;)]

I think Sylphy new alu engine also got some form of variable v/v timing. [:)] .

But Allion I heard got a solid platform succeeding from the good old Corona, thus body heavier for a more sturdy drive.. [thumbsup]

I guess Syphy body also under this categary, anyone can comfirm?

Axio are design and build with a light body to be more fuel efficient.

Allion's FC better ? You sure ? I would bet the other way ...

I'm not saying Allion's FC is good though cos I dunno about Sylphy's but I can hit 15.2 so far in my Allion..... As for shoulder room I would say Sylphy should win.

Edited by NightFox

I'm not saying Allion's FC is good though cos I dunno about Sylphy's but I can hit 15.2 so far in my Allion..... As for shoulder room I would say Sylphy should win.

my friend Allion A15, give him best abt 10-11KM.. if i tell him ur 15.2KM/L.. i think he will cry [sweatdrop]

i got chance to sit in Sylphy 1.5 at least twice/ week.. 1 thing for sure.. this car only for relax driving and comfort.. if u want to be first or second from Red light.. u can forget it.. [flowerface]

my friend Allion A15, give him best abt 10-11KM.. if i tell him ur 15.2KM/L.. i think he will cry [sweatdrop]

Advice your friend to check his tire pressure every 2 weeks

↡ Advertisement