F1 tickets - something unusual

Carndablues

Neutral Newbie

drop me e-mail for your best offer pls : [email protected]

A pair of 3 days walkabout pass!

Hurry... ppls are sending in their best offer already. :)

Cheers.

Edited by Choosp
↡ Advertisement

So I'm looking for cheap tickets for the F1 days before the Grand Prix starts, for, let's face it, this will be the FINAL Singapore GP, as I fully expect the F1 brand with all it's troubles to go kaput sometime next year! (My prediction only, believe it like you would believe in Jim Jones)

Anyway, there are a plethora of people selling tickets out there on the interweb but the strange thing is, I've inquired from a few ads and those that have responded that they've sold out has returned my messages a few days later with a "I've managed to get a few more tickets", and all this when the official website says tickets at the Bay Grandstand have sold out.

Where are all these phantom tickets coming from???

Anyway, good for the bargain hunters, they will probably be selling for $100 for the 3 day tickets soon, with so many phantom tickets floating about, this is more than a good price!

You may be right and I'm not gonna be surprised....

90% sold...Really?

That's what the organisers say...Thay can say what they like...

I'm not goin to be suckered into their marketing strategies...

I wasn't born yesterday...

We let the balance sheet decides....

Lotsa ticks being touted around....

Viewed the P sessions from a buddy's panoramic office...

Seems like a ghost town...

Maybe Q sessions will see more crowd or SG has wisen up...

Someone's trying pyramid selling....

Hahahahahahaha!

$50 for a lousy T-shirt...???

$$$$$ for tickets just to see something flash by???

I am not stupid... Hope I'm not alone...

Don't get me wrong, it's a great event....

But the prices is cut-throat....

[:p] [:p] [:p]

i tell you there are people wanting to give away tix. on the other hand are ppl here looking for cheap ones.

yesterday at my wife's workplace (an intl school) there were loads of angmo moms trying to peddle tix their husbands got. nmind, next i'll get my act together and be the intermediary:)

Hi guys.

I have one day pass on Sunday 27 Sep.

Padang Grandstand, Blk B, Row 24 Seat 16.

Only one ticket. Cant make it tmr.

Letting go at a reasonable price.

Call me now at 97323277 to enquire.

Thanks.

WK [flowerface]

if the $$$ is an issue, then you probably aren't a fan enough or it probably isn't a sport for you. The whole concept of F1 isn't really for the average Joe casual fan. Anybody thinking that F1 was brought in for enjoyment of locals must be delusional.

Most money is earned through corporate sales for CRM purposes. The other group would be the die-hard fans who are willing to spend good money to get a dose of cars flashing by in 0.5 seconds. either way, $$$ will flow in. nobody goes for practice and qualifiers. what matters is the race day - it's the same anywhere in the world. And the prices too, same everywhere.

You may be right and I'm not gonna be surprised....

90% sold...Really?

That's what the organisers say...Thay can say what they like...

I'm not goin to be suckered into their marketing strategies...

I wasn't born yesterday...

We let the balance sheet decides....

Lotsa ticks being touted around....

Viewed the P sessions from a buddy's panoramic office...

Seems like a ghost town...

Maybe Q sessions will see more crowd or SG has wisen up...

Someone's trying pyramid selling....

Hahahahahahaha!

$50 for a lousy T-shirt...???

$$$$$ for tickets just to see something flash by???

I am not stupid... Hope I'm not alone...

Don't get me wrong, it's a great event....

But the prices is cut-throat....

[:p] [:p] [:p]

F1 has always been that expensive. Just that we Singaporeans are not used to such event at cut-throat prices. Everything is expensive, from the tickets to the food and drinks.

Some people who got tickets, especially free ones are not F1 fans. Some of them just follow whatever is popular, or opportunist who just want to make a quite buck selling the tickets.

I got my free tickets last year and thoroughly enjoy the event. Agree with some of you who mentioned that the seats are too cramped. I ended up standing behind the stand at the top, more windy and can stretch my legs.

F1 didn't use to be like this....

Too much were done to upkeep the sport at the expense of casual Joes...

Ticket prices were controlled to remain fairly high...Fair enough...

Next, comes everything else...Food, drinks, merchandise...and all the jigs...

For what ? Other than the KERS system, the sport has be technologically stifled...

Worse, cheating team goes unpunished....

Last years' race in SG was a sham...

It's like watching wrestling on WWE....

For all that it's worth, I'll probably catch it once from the pit gstand for the experience...

But to just be there and make up the numbers for the coffers,is not for me...

And, if you are really a fan, P & Q sessions are very much an important part of F1....

Otherwise, how would you define yourself as a true fan of the sport?

You would probably be happiest parading your new Scuderia T-shirt down Orchard road for weeks to come...

Well, that's only me and my thoughts....

[rolleyes]

Talking about food and drinks - 1st thing - U cannot bring in own foods. Drink is limited to a small bottle of mineral water - for self bring in. Drink in there are super ex - 1 hot dog with 1 beer is $10 haha!

I wonder if the same rules applies for race over at other countries? I've seen those on Euorpean circuits with families on greens doing picnics? haha

I manage to buy a Pit grandstand ticket on Friday practice session for $50.

Actually I wanted a walkaround but many are selling walkaround tickets more expensive than $50. Crazy....might as well get the pit grandstand one and then walk around later.

But spent more than $300 on merchandise....:P. Expensive.......but ok la.....if you are a fan.

I'm not a F1 fan, when down on Friday cos someone give me a PIT grandstand ticket.

Park my car at milliena walk, and walk to the grand stand for about 15min on stone till my leg is in pain.

Food is ex, stuff is ex. view at Pit grand stand is not bad in front of BMW, merc and Ferrari. But I rather watch the race at home.

Edited by Zze121

Cinema also the hotdog and soft-drink expensive wat. [laugh] But ppl including myself still do buy it. Its all part of the 'process' / 'exp'.

At least they are telecasting the entire event on CHN5 for the benefit of all. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement