New Kia Sorento

Seraphim

It's appealing but I can't help thinking that this car is designed for SUV land(America).

In sg, I think such a big car will very soon start to collect dings, dents, pillar rash and curb rash.

Neutral Newbie

Am interested in it, called C&C and they told me they will be bringing in the 3.0L and 4.0L....How about the 2.2 Turbo Diesel?

I am quite impressed with this car.

For petrol engine there is only 2.4 and 3.5V6... How come got 3 and 4litre engine from Hyundai and Kia?

The 2.2 R-series diesel is such a suprise for those Europe media... Hope it will make its way here...

Saw the new Sorento on the road yesterday, probably tmr will go down to Kia Showroom to check it out.

the one u saw is most probably the old sorento and personally i think its a real eye sore

not that big la...the new Sorento is only Picnic sized...3rd row as usual will be useless...

if i'm not wrong the Sorento will be available here as 5&7-seater versions...different pricing...probably different spec too!!

but based on what C&C did for the Forte and Magentis, expect

twin memory electric front seats, Anti-glare mirror with auto-folding side mirrors w/ side indicators... 18inch alloys, keyless entry and ignition, sun-roof, dual-zone auto air-con, cruise-control w/ adaptive function, bluetooth connectivity, factory stereo w/ i-pod&USB connectivity, auto headlights&wipers.

at current COE levels, recommended pricing i think around $78,999 for 5-seater and $80,999 for 7-seater??

same lor...that's why i left my contact details with the salesperson there...

i think C&C Kia has done well to market their products... people want the features to be in their car...even though they may not need all of them, it's good for showing off too!!

imagine Kia Forte SX has more standard features than the average Altis!!

Komoco on the other hand, bring in the most basic spec for their cars, take a look at Santa Fe 2.4L...so barren spec...no matter how good the car is, i still won't want to drive one...no this no that...haiz...

Neutral Newbie

Design doesn't go down too well with me personally. Think that signature grille design of KIA is getting a little over-used...

Maybe.. maybe not.

We see the signature grill of BMW on all BMW's series. No one is complaining yet. We might see the same for Honda as well. [blush]

Neutral Newbie

damm nice.

if only this model came earlier than qashqai...

I think I saw it says it can make 14km/l?

Wow. Must be referring to driving on ice or snow? Traction plus skiing to save petrol is it? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Anyone can read Korean can enlighten me? What it stated in the video clip.

Edited by Paladin

I think I saw it says it can make 14km/l?

Wow. Must be referring to driving on ice or snow? Traction plus skiing to save petrol is it? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Anyone can read Korean can enlighten me? What it stated in the video clip.

Very obvious 200hp 45.5Kgm is the powerful 2.2litre R-series Diesel, so achieving 14km/litre isn't anything to be suprise of...

R-series engine is one of the best diesel engine in the market now..