New Kia Sorento

Seraphim

Am targeting this car as well....was told by SE, that the launch is probably mid december. My price will be max 85k for the 7-seater with the stated stuffs from what i see in the kia-sorento website. Dunno can meet or not....lol...

↡ Advertisement

I called the Ubi showroom and the person said that the car will be launched on December 18. I really hope that it will come with the panoramic sunroof, keyless entry and priced under $85k for the 7 seater version. Can't wait!!!

Neutral Newbie

I called the Ubi showroom and the person said that the car will be launched on December 18. I really hope that it will come with the panoramic sunroof, keyless entry and priced under $85k for the 7 seater version. Can't wait!!!

Hi there, panoramic sunroof is only available in premium model only and will be price ard $95k+ range. However, push start and keyless entry will be a standard item for basic and premium models. Specs are not finalise yet.

Items at a glance

Basic model

6 speed auto, 18" alloy rims, auto headlights, front fog lamps, LED side mirror with auto folding, cruise control, Electrochromic mirror, 6 disc changer with steering audio control, ipod/USB connectivity, telescopic steering wheel, Electronic Stability Control, 3rd row aircon, chrome pedals, dual airbags, roof rack, active headrest,

Premium model

Xenon lamps with headlamp washer and auto leveller, 6 airbags, panoramic sunroof with roof rack, supervisor cluster meter, mood lamp, carbon fibre finish, rear view mirror with camera, driver power seats, auto levelling suspension, dual climate control, centre speaker with external amp and woofer

Specifications are subjected to changes. PM me if you want to have more details. Cheers

Ryan

Wow! I'm amazed. Isn't $95,000 a little too steep for a korean car, not to mention that reviews claim that the materials used on the dashboard is hard plastic? I would rather use this $95,000 to buy some other Japanese/Continental car of better quality but with less features such as the Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, Honda Odyssey, Ford S-Max or the Volkswagen Touran because I believe that most people here just want to a Sorento because it can carry 7 people. Even better, buy a Santa Fe with $10,000 in change.

Edited by George1688

Oh no...that is far beyond my expected pricing... [wave] shall drop the idea and search for others.....probably Honda CRV or Mazda CX7(mid-dec) which also has new facelift...

Edited by Knightskid

Actually i dont agree the price is that steep. 95k is for the glam model which i think not worth it, unless the suspension leveling function is dman good. at 85k , i find the package very worthwhile to consider. 20k diff from all the other models listed. i have tested Ford, good car, FC is high, and so is the price. Ody is too long, although the ride was very comfy but ride is too long. No one will dare touch a Citroen, trust me. touran is a very small mpv with new 7 speed DSG which has yet to be proven. Santa Fe is very bare, dun believe, go showroom and see - u just getting a big truck, thats all.

For 85k basic model, i am waiting for to test this ride. look at this and u will know what i mean. just look at the korean stuff in ur home and u will realise. the han feng is coming ...

http://www.kia-sorento.com/

Actually i dont agree the price is that steep. 95k is for the glam model which i think not worth it, unless the suspension leveling function is dman good. at 85k , i find the package very worthwhile to consider. 20k diff from all the other models listed. i have tested Ford, good car, FC is high, and so is the price. Ody is too long, although the ride was very comfy but ride is too long. No one will dare touch a Citroen, trust me. touran is a very small mpv with new 7 speed DSG which has yet to be proven. Santa Fe is very bare, dun believe, go showroom and see - u just getting a big truck, thats all.

For 85k basic model, i am waiting for to test this ride. look at this and u will know what i mean. just look at the korean stuff in ur home and u will realise. the han feng is coming ...

http://www.kia-sorento.com/

errr how do you know basic model is 85k ?

based on what C&C package the Forte SX...1.6SX (A) at $58,999 and 2.0SX (A) at $66,999

by right the Sorento 2.4R with almost full features shouldn't exceed 85k...or else as with the last model, nobody could be bothered with the existence of this car.

i don't think C&C would be as dumb as KMC to bring in only the really basic no-frills spec Sorento and price it at close to japanese car levels like the Santa Fe now...

i think they would only be bringing in 1 version of the car with all the features, but you will have to pay extra for the extra 2-seats...

Neutral Newbie

errr how do you know basic model is 85k ?

Ermm, because i told him so...anyway, 85k is only a tentatively guideline only. Nothing is confirm until OMV and features are finalised

Neutral Newbie

based on what C&C package the Forte SX...1.6SX (A) at $58,999 and 2.0SX (A) at $66,999

by right the Sorento 2.4R with almost full features shouldn't exceed 85k...or else as with the last model, nobody could be bothered with the existence of this car.

i don't think C&C would be as dumb as KMC to bring in only the really basic no-frills spec Sorento and price it at close to japanese car levels like the Santa Fe now...

i think they would only be bringing in 1 version of the car with all the features, but you will have to pay extra for the extra 2-seats...

Tentatively, C&C will bring in 2 trims, basic and premium. And i believe basic will be more sellable than premium.

I still feel that the premium model is a more interesting package as it comes with features only found in more premium cars such as the Volkswagen Tiguan and it may be a good buy IF it is priced under $90k. Merkava, please update me when u have more details and the prices because I'm on the verge of buying a used MPV. I'm very interested in the Sorento, Thanks!

Edited by George1688

my thoughts on used cars - be careful what you pay for. some egs : current civic 1.8L was launched at 68k few yr back (look at resale now). outgoing BM wish was sold at 62k for last batch ('09 feb - cheap COE). sometimes it is more worthwhile to buy new cars (when prciing makes sense). btw i am driving a used car too.

The current COE is too high, if it crashes, I will make a huge loss if I have a new car with a $18k COE and we cannot predict the future, so buying a used car is still a safer bet but it'd be good if the COE crashes to below $5000 again!

Edited by George1688

Neutral Newbie

The current COE is too high, if it crashes, I will make a huge loss if I have a new car with a $18k COE and we cannot predict the future, so buying a used car is still a safer bet but it'd be good if the COE crashes to below $5000 again!

If COE crashes below $5000, it might not drop to the price at that COE level. Also, if that really happens, singaporeans will still think will drop some more...haha

Neutral Newbie

Just an update

Saw a few Sorentos has touched down to Singapore. Size like Chervolet Captiva. Interior like current Magentis Innovation. Should be moving into the showroom soon.

Will post more if i have more infos