Good bosses vs bad bosses...your experience?

Thargor

I have experience both extreme, no matter how bad or evil they are, it is a life experience worth learning.

how bad was the worst? not so bad as I loss 6kg in 3 months!

• Praise 1

Good boss...I had one once. He's renowed in the industry and under his grooming, i saw my pay jump by 80% in 2 years.....

But after that...hiaks...sometimes I wonder why I choose to leave him...

[shakehead]

all bosses are cunning, if not, they will not be bosses.

my 1st boss, help him make alot of $$$ during 1st yr. he manage to upgrade to landed property and drive jaguar. wat i get was 1 month AWS.

2nd boss, help him make alot of $$$ too, joined his new startup company, listed after 3 years into operation. From HDB owner become 5 private property owner, drive Nissan to drive Lexus although he can afford much better cars. wat i get in the end was retrenchment without any compensation even though company was still making $$$ [furious]

good bosses?? have lah.. in your dreams

bad boss

female

talks loud

fat, huge and tall

likes to micro manage

old style thinking - only passes on 90% of the knowlege to you. The rest... go figure yourself

gets all gan cheong over trivial matters

on conf calls, she just ratters on and on and speaks so fast that on one really knows what she is talking about

can last min take urgent leave becos her kiddo "lao sai" or refuses to go sch - err... she has a maid BTW

no money wanna act rich... just bought a condo and is currently renting out her 5-room flat. Everday, every hour, evey min calling the contractor to tell him how and what to do for reno (hmm... didn't i say she micro manages?)

reference to above statement, she missed paying her credit card bills for the last 2 months and the coy suspended her card. How i know? cos she was pleading with the CSO to reinstate her card.

relies on easy credit facility for $$$ to pay for daily expenses

happily told everyone in office that she is the first person in SIN to own a Ford S-Max

can't parallel park

angrily telling everyone in office that her car has bad FC and reliability issues just 4 months later

decided to take 4 months maternity all at one go even though the team will be short staffed towards year end

requested me and another male colleague to defer our reservists so that she can go for her 4th month maternity

told other female colleagues to replan their vacation so that she can go for maternity

Had a nice guy as my boss in my first job but he's so nice that all other departments makan us till song song. End of year review can't fight for our performance 'cos he's too nice! A nice guy but definitely not a good boss.

Got another boss who's impatient and fiery temper but will fight for our rights and back us up when fu*kup customers made impossible demands. Not a nice guy but I rate him as a good boss. But I was so stressful in my first year that I lost almost 8 kg. He thought that I go on diet! [shocked]

So, how do consider a good or bad boss? [confused]

• Praise 1

a) Boss like you and treat you well, give increment = good boss

b) boss dont like you, treat you bad, no increment = bad boss.

but the same (a) Good boss do (b) to another person = another person think not good boss.

but the same (b) Bad boss do (a) to another person = another person think good boss.

• Praise 1

all bosses are cunning, if not, they will not be bosses.

my 1st boss, help him make alot of $$$ during 1st yr. he manage to upgrade to landed property and drive jaguar. wat i get was 1 month AWS.

2nd boss, help him make alot of $$$ too, joined his new startup company, listed after 3 years into operation. From HDB owner become 5 private property owner, drive Nissan to drive Lexus although he can afford much better cars. wat i get in the end was retrenchment without any compensation even though company was still making $$$ [furious]

good bosses?? have lah.. in your dreams

Your 2nd Boss really Beh Gan ... [furious][furious][furious]

I won't complaint as god is always fair.... haha, I had 7 good years under a group of ang moh bosses, was a dream job I can ever asked for but good thing won't last forever.

just saw the news on the French telco, orange. had 22 staff committed suicide and 13 attempt (but not dead!).

I think before we think about our boss whether they are good or bad, we have to examine ourselves first. Are you a good subordinate (employee) at the first place? Do you show respect to your boss and follow his orders without bitching about it? Can the boss leave things for you to do without supervising you? Are you at least performing up to their expectations?

If you have asked yourself these questions and honestly feel that you are good, but under a bad boss, then go find another job. If you think just because you have contributed your blood sweat and tears to making the company successful, then they owe it to you to promote you and give you a fat pay rise, then wait long long. Such things don't usually happen.

If you are not a sought after candidate in your field of expertise, then upgrade your skillset.

• Praise 1

10 years working for my ex boss. See him change from driving civic to owning 2 cars. HDB to landed house.

Although i was laid off with a lame excuse. Now i understand to a certain extend why he did what he did then.

All boss has a bottom line to meet and achieve.

The most common comment i've heard is "i help my company made so much $$ and then what do i get?".

First of all, you are paid for your work. Unless, the company deny the pre agreed amount to you, it has no obligation to compensate you more.

any extra are bonus to be appreciated with.

human are selffish by nature...

good boss?

if u become a boss, will u be good???

From my own experience... we should be asking ourselves, "if u are a good person, can you ever hope to become a boss?" [sly]

human are selffish by nature...

good boss?

if u become a boss, will u be good???

i m not saying i will be perfect boss, but when i was retrenched from my previous company, 4 of my staff under me tender resignation after in protest [lipsrsealed]

My current direct boss is a nice guy... Treat us as a adult and let us run our own show, as long as things are done. The big boss is one of the worst I ever experience in my 7 yrs of experience.. He like to humiliate his staffs. Once, there was this training that was supposed to start at 8.30am. At 8.30am sharp, he closed the door. Those who were late, even for a min, were asked by him into another run. Lectured them. After that, he asked them into the training room, lined them up at the front, made them bow to the class and then said "We are sorry for being late. Please forgive us." Lastly, those who were late were being issued with a warning letter too, and they will not be eligible for any promotion for the next 12 mth. Thus, ever since he took over for a yr, approximately 30% of the old staffs have resigned.

the one i remember was 8 years ago before i start my own business a short fart guy that drives a wrx.. i only work for 2 weeks and left....cos was head hunted by ceo... first he cant stand i stay at premium location... then my car is worth 3 times his value... my wife a doctor ... small man, small d i c k and big ego....

↡ Advertisement