Should I Renew COE Now?

Vinceng

Should I Renew COE Now?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Renew COE Now?

• Renew COE now at $13,500
    • Wait until next year and see how
    • Wait until near Oct 2011 when my COE is expiring

Question- does the pqp change after round 1 of each month’s COE bidding? Or does it change only after round 2 is completed?

2nd round. and the PQP is for the following month. feb 2nd round just completed. so March 2018 PQP is out.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

For car registered 02 Jan 2009, COE end 01 Jan 2019. and 1st Jan is public holiday, LTA close. If want to renew COE how can it be done if do not want to renew in advance.

can somebody advise?

If I decided to renew...Just do it in end Dec18. Why subject yourself to so much problem just to make full use for the 10 years...Divide the COE by 3650 days...It is really not that much...
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

For car registered 02 Jan 2009, COE end 01 Jan 2019. and 1st Jan is public holiday, LTA close. If want to renew COE how can it be done if do not want to renew in advance.

can somebody advise?

Just renew the week before the NYE holidays. By then, the PQP for January will be out, which is after the 2nd bidding of December on 3rd week of December. So you will have about 10 days to do your admin (renew coe, renew insurance, renew road tax). Renew date just put 2Jan 2019 then.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

its not that, since end on 1st than entitled to use JAn PQP which maybe cheaper. the 1 day difference could differ a lot irregardless cheaper or expensive.

I just want to understand how LTA deals with such situation? SUrely there will be a solution. Anyone advise//???

Don’t you deal in cars? I’m astonished that you have not a clue! See the post above.

Donât you deal in cars? Iâm astonished that you have not a clue! See the post above.

He is thinking hard to educate people like us who dunno much abt car, car industry, car agents, COE, Road Tax, ERP, VES, etc etc..

can somebody advise?

I though it has one week buffer after COE expiry

To rebate PARF, it is the Business Day BEFORE Jan 1 hor.  No CHANCE GIVE one.  Just in case you CHANGE your MIND through some transplant.

As for PAY MONEY.  You HAVE UP to 1 month AFTER your COE expire to decide to renew COE lor.

Please check LTA as the by law change from time to time.

can somebody advise?

• Praise 1

Sorry to hijack. My car COE expired on 27 Aug 2018.. Can I wait until Sept PQP is released on 22 Aug to decide on whether to use Aug or Sept PQP?

Aug expired use Aug one, can't use Sept

Turbocharged

Sorry to hijack. My car COE expired on 27 Aug 2018.. Can I wait until Sept PQP is released on 22 Aug to decide on whether to use Aug or Sept PQP?

August COE expired will use August PQP. Even if you late renewal with a small penalty fee, will still have to use the August PQP.

Wah the PQP then was $13.5k , and there was question to ask if anyone should renew COE then at that rate. OMG ,if PQP is 13.5k now, i would have renewed COE now without giving second thought

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1