Alfa Romeo Sprint

ClassiCars

Oh man...I love this car...I remember it from one of the Herbie movies where it played Herbie's love interest....haha. If only it was cheap and practical to have one in Singapore.

Edited by Porkerlover

Owned one many many many moons ago.

Fantastic handling. Nice low sitting position but typical ol'skool alfa gorilla ergonomics (long hands, short legs). 1.5L alfasud sourced boxer not very powerful but has a fantastic sountrack. [thumbsup]

But it was blardy unreliable (heck, it's an alfa...). Carby would be flooded, fuel gauge shows empty when cornering right and full tank when cornering left. It oso came wif it's special 'italian rain-sensor' - contrary to popular logic, the wipers would only work on sunny days and decided that it rather sleep in on rainy days.....!

The alfa 'character' novelty wears off pretty quickly and it soon turned into irritation instead. Sold it off less than 6mths and got myself a japanese turbo. What a world of difference in terms of driving enjoyment!

What a beauty!! But new or prospective owners need to have alot of patience for all it's foibles and maintenance needs. Oh, he/she will need lots of time & money as well. If you're that type of a person (I am such a person! Well, except for the money part...) then you'll find ownership and all it's troubles an absolute joy!

Turbocharged

The Junior is the classic Alfa I want - nothing else to add, just wanna post to test my avatar

↡ Advertisement