Should motorize bicycle be ride on the road.?

Icyfreakass

Neutral Newbie

Should motorized bicycle be allowed on road?

I feel they shouldn't be allowed.

1.They don't always observe traffic or their own safety.

2.They r a hazard at night except those equipped with small tail-lights or head-lights.

3.They dun usually wear protective cycling helmets so very dangerous for them.

That's my own opinion & I apologise if there are any motorized bicycle lovers bros out there.

↡ Advertisement

Should motorized bicycle be allowed on road?

I feel they shouldn't be allowed.

1.They don't always observe traffic or their own safety.

2.They r a hazard at night except those equipped with small tail-lights or head-lights.

3.They dun usually wear protective cycling helmets so very dangerous for them.

That's my own opinion & I apologise if there are any motorized bicycle lovers bros out there.

No insurance. If they bang us or because of their negligence we bang them, claim who?

cause i Jay walk in Orchard road lor... somemore that time hor is when they first implement that Jay walking is against the traffic rulz... around 1995 i think.

1995...that explains it. In fact, before you posted I was thinking to myself that your case must have been really long ago. Singapore has only really been going to the dogs efficiency- and law-enforcement-wise for the last decade or so.

Neutral Newbie

I have made a complaint to LTA with relevant photos.

and recieved a phone call from the officer. He verified that the motorize bicycle is non-compliance.

And will seek their legal to take further action.

BUT.. they refused to disclose their actions.

Neutral Newbie

You can still ask for his particulars and HP number and lodge a report. Your insurance will make a personnal claim against him..... [sly]

Nope. Insurance company want me to claim NCD and pay excess.

They can't do anything to it.

i was being accuse by the Motorize cyclist that i did not report to insurance company immediately. But in the first place, there's isn't insurance.

On the spot, we have reach agreement to settled it. then he regretted and using another issue to cover up for his own act.

Now, i believed in Karma. Now i can't do anything to him. even have to suffer the loss to engaged a lawyer for this issue.

Someday, this unreasonable person will met someone tougher and he will have his day.

Neutral Newbie

How to thrash him as TS already stated he is full of pictures. Wait he buay song call him kakis surround TS then jia liat liao. And if TS managed to whack him jia liat then it is pre-meditated and he can report police using the car number plate and TS will also get into trouble. <_<

Ya ya .. i agree.. he's more fierce than me lehz..

His arms and legs give me the feeling he's wearing long 4 when far.

Going nearer to realize it's devils and KOIs..

How can i afford to provoke such people?

sorry but you didn post any pic of the motorized bicycle.

what i last read was that electric-powered bicycles not exceeding a certain horsepower were legal. electric motors exceeding the hp (cant remember wat hp), as well as all forms of fuel-driven motors (kerosene or diesel or petrol) are illegal; or rather, classified as motorcycles and therefore subject to class 2b license and the said vehicle must comply with standard vehicle safety regulations as per motorcycles, such as noise and exhaust regulations. have they changed this to ban all forms of motorised bicycles?

i hate the fuel-driven bicycles. it sounds exactly like a small-capacity motorcycle with its sound mufflers removed. noisy as hell, and as fast as their first gear. and i've spotted people riding them exactly like a motorcycle on the road, without a helmet. these definitely dun belong.

i have nothing against cyclists. i sympathize with them: pedestrians dont want them on pavements and drivers dont want them on the road, pedestrians claim they're dangerous coz too fast and drivers say dangerous coz too slow.

i give cyclists a wide berth on the road, but bloody hell do your part in making yourself safe for goodness sake, coz i'm perfectly willing to do my part and watch out for you on the road. i especially hate it when a bicycle going fast immediately enters a zebra crossing causing me to jam my brakes. i spotted one shouting profanities at a driver who jammed his brake at the very last minute at the zebra crossing. you enter the zebra crossing so quickly that we have no time to react, its not that we bochap cyclists. stop a couple of meters before the crossing and just turn you head to look at oncoming vehicles, i'll get the idea and stop. best is still to dismount.

Neutral Newbie

sorry but you didn post any pic of the motorized bicycle.

what i last read was that electric-powered bicycles not exceeding a certain horsepower were legal. electric motors exceeding the hp (cant remember wat hp), as well as all forms of fuel-driven motors (kerosene or diesel or petrol) are illegal; or rather, classified as motorcycles and therefore subject to class 2b license and the said vehicle must comply with standard vehicle safety regulations as per motorcycles, such as noise and exhaust regulations. have they changed this to ban all forms of motorised bicycles?

i hate the fuel-driven bicycles. it sounds exactly like a small-capacity motorcycle with its sound mufflers removed. noisy as hell, and as fast as their first gear. and i've spotted people riding them exactly like a motorcycle on the road, without a helmet. these definitely dun belong.

i have nothing against cyclists. i sympathize with them: pedestrians dont want them on pavements and drivers dont want them on the road, pedestrians claim they're dangerous coz too fast and drivers say dangerous coz too slow.

i give cyclists a wide berth on the road, but bloody hell do your part in making yourself safe for goodness sake, coz i'm perfectly willing to do my part and watch out for you on the road. i especially hate it when a bicycle going fast immediately enters a zebra crossing causing me to jam my brakes. i spotted one shouting profanities at a driver who jammed his brake at the very last minute at the zebra crossing. you enter the zebra crossing so quickly that we have no time to react, its not that we bochap cyclists. stop a couple of meters before the crossing and just turn you head to look at oncoming vehicles, i'll get the idea and stop. best is still to dismount.

post-26806-1255715545_thumb.jpg

post-26806-1255715554_thumb.jpg

post-26806-1255715560_thumb.jpg

that.... really doesn look like a bicycle... not even an electric-driven one......

i mean, i've seen the fuel-driven bicycles. but your pics look like that thing is just one step away from being a kup-chai.....

Last year, my colleague crashed onto a car, injured & hospitalised. The driver has to pay for everything including her smash up bike. The driver was coming from opposite direction & he was taking his right turn from middle of the road. The driver mis-judged her speed. It happens quite often on junction of Fort rd & ECP.

"The driver was coming from opposite direction" meaning your friend was riding against the flow of traffic or was the driver driving against the flow of traffic?

Edited by Scoots

dun worry, he gets away today, one day when he is out on his motorized bicycle and bangs into the rear of a dump truck and its game over for him.

Yeah Bro [thumbsup]

"The driver was coming from opposite direction" meaning your friend was riding against the flow of traffic or was the driver driving against the flow of traffic?

The driver was making right turn from opposite direction.

LTA said they will charge him, but i dun think they have done it.

SPF simply bo chup me...

Haiz.. we have all oscar winners.

Enhanced Safety Requirements For Motorised Bicycles And Riders

TP cannot bochup as penalty is indicated clearly on their website. Follow up with IO until either he cannot tahan or the cyclist kena charge. The penalty is damn heavy.

↡ Advertisement