Decorating your baby's room...

Thargor

Hi folks,

I will be decorating my baby's room soon....looking for ideas from you good parents here. Any do's and dont's? I am thinking of getting wallpaper with Winnie the Pooh theme or Mickey and friends theme. Hmm...any good furniture place to recommend (besides Ikea or Courts)?

Many thanks in advance! [flowerface]

Thargor

↡ Advertisement

Hey, try to make it as simple as you can. Reason being stationary items collects dust easily. Also please buy paint which contains no or very little lead. They are really bad for babies. If possible, paint as soon as you can so that you have about 6-8 months of idling before your baby comes. Very often lead in paint will cause brain damage for babies. bear this in mind.

hi,

thi was what i did for my kiddo's room

-furnished it with colourful furnitures

-didn't setup any cupboard but had a big chest of drawers since babies doesn't have much clothes that needs to be hung

-kept the centre of the room empty, as that would be the play area where the play gym or activity mat would be

-put on some cute cute wall stickers to brighten up the room

-attached a small night light

then the usual would be

-no stools/tables or any objects to be near windows where your kid might climb on to.

-electrical sockets to be covered up with safety plugs

Edited by Altivo

U can try Mothers Work at Tanglin, they sell a lot of nice decorative wall papers.

I bought the luminous stars and moons...they illuminate after u switch off the light...nice [rolleyes]

I got some wall decal from Amazon.com. Cheaper than here, but of course I piggy the shipment with other things to share the shipment costs. Now waiting for the cot to come before putting them up. Got something neutral - forest and animal theme cos I'd got 2 coming, boy & girl by end of the year, prob early Dec.

Got a changing table from Ikea doubles up as chest of drawers as well and an additional matching side shelf.

TS's baby when coming?

Try before, but end up my kid sleep with the mother in the master bedroom, i sleep in the baby room. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I thot the norm now is for the baby cradle to put inside the master bedroom with the parents ? Orelse how one attend to the baby's needs at nite ?

Neutral Newbie

If u wanna paint, move furniture, hammer stuff, fix furniture, I suggest u ask yr wife to go her mum's house first. Aft u r done, then ask her to come bk.

Neutral Newbie

Try before, but end up my kid sleep with the mother in the master bedroom, i sleep in the baby room. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I thot the norm now is for the baby cradle to put inside the master bedroom with the parents ? Orelse how one attend to the baby's needs at nite ?

Haha...din know u will deco a kiddy room for yrself....nvr grow up huh? hehe

baby monitor loh.... hahaha [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Most mothers feel safer n secured when the new born is in the same room...easier for breast feeding n monitoring the bb's movement....dun hav to run here n there...I oso had bb monitor....it's useful when I m in kitchen...

I got some wall decal from Amazon.com. Cheaper than here, but of course I piggy the shipment with other things to share the shipment costs. Now waiting for the cot to come before putting them up. Got something neutral - forest and animal theme cos I'd got 2 coming, boy & girl by end of the year, prob early Dec.

Got a changing table from Ikea doubles up as chest of drawers as well and an additional matching side shelf.

TS's baby when coming?

Hehe good for you and congrats on your twins! Can see you are a doting parent too [thumbsup]

My baby is due early March next year [thumbsup]

Most mothers feel safer n secured when the new born is in the same room...easier for breast feeding n monitoring the bb's movement....dun hav to run here n there...I oso had bb monitor....it's useful when I m in kitchen...

Yup yup, we will probably have the baby cradle in the Master room as well. Hehe couldn't bear to have my precious baby sleeping alone...but will still do up the baby room nicely with lotsa cheerful cozy colours.

By the way do you play classical music for your kid last time?

that's true too. [thumbsup]

Haha...din know u will deco a kiddy room for yrself....nvr grow up huh? hehe

More like kena kick out of my own room.

Baby wants to smell the mama lei.........orelse cant sleep long.

It was ah-girl for the first few years. Now ah boy's turn. [crazy]

Papa no fix place to sleep, beri the poor thing. [bigcry]

Hi folks,

I will be decorating my baby's room soon....looking for ideas from you good parents here. Any do's and dont's? I am thinking of getting wallpaper with Winnie the Pooh theme or Mickey and friends theme. Hmm...any good furniture place to recommend (besides Ikea or Courts)?

Many thanks in advance! [flowerface]

Thargor

i would advise u not to spend such money... u will ends u wasting monies and time nia... when my 1st child was born, i did the same thing but can u imagine?? the baby not in the baby room 99% of the time... reason? u need to feed the baby every 3 hours during the 1st 4 mths... moreover, when the baby cried, u hv to rush over to the baby room... in the end, it make more sense to place the baby with the adult...

if i had a girl i would decorate her room like princess like that.

lacy curtains and lacy bed. the theme will be lacy. lol.

the bed must make like princess and must have the lacy mosquito net.

and must have a grand grand chandelier. and the room will be painted white and pale pink.

the room must be filled with all kinds of giraffe soft toys.

if i have a boy i will decorate his room like Jurrasic Park lol.

i will buy a bed with a built in slide and the wallpaper will have cute little baby dinos playing together.

his bed will have some army prints and stuff like that.

can i PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP YOU DECO YOUR BABY'S ROOM?

↡ Advertisement