Australia: Car Rental in Perth

Tjkbeluga

ya the insurance to reduce excess is way too expensive.. my friend advise me to depend on travel insurance instead.. cheaper and might have similar coverage.

Most basic travel insurance covers $500-600 excess.. But hertz excess is $2500 which the travel insurance doesn't cover. So bo bian have to get as i got kids in the car as well.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Most basic travel insurance covers $500-600 excess.. But hertz excess is $2500 which the travel insurance doesn't cover. So bo bian have to get as i got kids in the car as well.

i see hertz one is 4k excess not 2500 lei.. pure madness the excess

• Praise 1

all car rental company, the counter guy will pressure you to buy their over the counter insurance for reduce / zero excess

that's where they make the money [sly][laugh]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

At the end of the day.. some will wanna gamble some like me almost wanna gamble but end up paying for full coverage.. i drive carefully but then still kena Langar from behind.. he admit his fault .. good thing on the way to airport dy.. so sometimes there’s some money no need safe la..just Budget it in..

Agree.. Their cars are new.. But that doesn't necessarily mean its clean though. I rented a Toyota Kluger and was surprised it has only 4800km done on it. Very new car.. But when I step in, the car feels like it is at least 2 yrs old. The mats are dusty, seats (non-leathered) are dusty and has a smell on it. Windows are cloudy and so on.

And their insurance is more expensive than the car rental rate itself. Dang!!!!

Lol .. can’t be me right? Sorry sorry.. didn’t clean
  • Praise 2

To the person who disliked the post i made and made the following remark; "U still dun need to choose hertz due to their high insurance what ...... why blame your kids?" The fact that I chose hertz was because overall their cost are still lower than others. True that other car rental companies have lower insurance cost, but overall i will have to pay more. And since when I'm blaming my kids? Regardless whether got kids or not, i always get the full insurance. It just gives me more reason to get the full insurance since i wanna have a peace of mind. And I don't need to know who you are to dislike my post. You are entitled to do so. But to read my post at such level, its kinda shallow..

• Praise 2

At the end of the day.. some will wanna gamble some like me almost wanna gamble but end up paying for full coverage.. i drive carefully but then still kena Langar from behind.. he admit his fault .. good thing on the way to airport dy.. so sometimes there’s some money no need safe la..just Budget it in..

Lol .. can’t be me right? Sorry sorry.. didn’t clean

lol no need to clean just return they will clean it. But make it a point to at least clean it when have chance. After all it's me and my family inside the car, outside can dont care inside try to keep it clean at least. the dusty seat is becos they are all fabric so LL.

If the car is dirty and u cannot take it can go back ask for another car or get them to dust it. Always make it a point to open all the doors, windows, boot and aircon at max at the carpark while loading the luggage behind to change the air inside the car and for the first few KM from airport to hway I always windows all down and drive to clear the stale smell if any. cleaning the windows will be always at the petrol kiosk they have the windows cleaner and sponges which you will use anyway cos of the dead bugs.

To the person who disliked the post i made and made the following remark; "U still dun need to choose hertz due to their high insurance what ...... why blame your kids?" The fact that I chose hertz was because overall their cost are still lower than others. True that other car rental companies have lower insurance cost, but overall i will have to pay more. And since when I'm blaming my kids? Regardless whether got kids or not, i always get the full insurance. It just gives me more reason to get the full insurance since i wanna have a peace of mind. And I don't need to know who you are to dislike my post. You are entitled to do so. But to read my post at such level, its kinda shallow..

I went like 8 times so far to different part of aus. Only once never buy full which I save like 200+$ from my rental that like 30% of my rental cost for 10days. Even bought our car cam so incase anything still got proof not at fault. Suay suay on my birthday one long train decide to give me a present. Spit one small stone to my screen a small 10cent crack spoilt my whole travel. We were worry abt the replacement fee, googled for whole 1hr to see what the replacement fee like. After that time never will I avoid that small fee, it not worth the trouble and worry about. So now I always go full coverage and enjoy my drive it's too small a fee compared to the air tix, hotel, and other stuff.

Hi,may I know any shop still can buy Pre-paid card/SIM card at Mid-night,will be reach Perth Airport about 12.30am.And I booking a car with Europe car rental, anyone try their service?Thanks is Advance!

• Praise 1

go q010 and buy a sim card

plug and play when you arrived in perth [thumbsup]

why bother to buy a sim car in airport

arrive late and sibei long Q .. must show passport this and that ... sibei leceh

i always get my sim card before fly out spore

or get changi recommend wifi but slightly expensive

btw, i think the optus shop in perth airport opens at 6-7am

Hi,may I know any shop still can buy Pre-paid card/SIM card at Mid-night,will be reach Perth Airport about 12.30am.And I booking a car with Europe car rental, anyone try their service?Thanks is Advance!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Not sure, but i would imagine airport those shops should have someone manning even at midnight?

Or you can consider Changi Recommends. Think for Aust is still quite affordable...

No need to buy SIM card in Perth as you can buy from local SG telcos. For example, I using singtel and purchase via phone a Data Roam deal of $12 for 1 GB for 30 days (this package for use in Aus, Malaysia, Thailand). You can find out from your own telco provider.

hi,Thank for all reply, I think I will active Singtel Data Roam, thanks  again! [thumbsup]

Will you be using a lot of data while there? If you're using it for navigation and also surfing when there, the data roam from SingTel might be expensive. We bought a local SIM card as we've kids too and so got a promo offer to have more data when we were there.

If you don't need that much, then ST data roam is convenient. Also, depending on what plan you're on, the higher ST plans actually have monthly rebate for dataroam, so the first 1GB might be free.

Thanks for your suggestions ! I'm thinking so,but just afraid the mobile shop closed when I reached.First time getting there,so need navigation when driving .

if you use Google map, you can download the entire Perth or WA map offline in your phone

when use navigation while driving, data donwload is minimal ... [thumbsup]

Thanks for your suggestions ! I'm thinking so,but just afraid the mobile shop closed when I reached.First time getting there,so need navigation when driving .

if you use Google map, you can download the entire Perth or WA map offline in your phone

when use navigation while driving, data donwload is minimal ... [thumbsup]

Noted with Thanks :a-m1212:

Any recommendations for car rental in Perth?

I know about Baywater been the cheapest but I got to take the airport transfer to their office to collect car. Find it troublesome coz I'm arriving late at night.