Australia: Car Rental in Perth

Tjkbeluga

Did everyone get fined or only you?

I also dunno. Was already TL on seeing the saman, but I think we stayed quite long - probably longer than those other cars that we parked before us.

I did notice that the bloody parking meter was back in working condition by then, but tot since i took photo of it with the screen showing it's out of order, it should be quite straightforward to appeal, but... sigh...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I went for Europcar rental.

Good deal. I booked 396AUD for Camry, for 10 days. With child seat and full insurance.

When I collect car, they gave upgrade to Nissan Xtrial SUV.

Turbocharged

Why nobody tried a hired car with driver?

no headache.

You got lobang? And what’s the costs per day? Gotta pay for his room stay ?

no headache.

We didn't try this for Aust, but did get this for Taiwan some years ago. The driver picked us up at the airport, and fetched us around throughout our stay, before dropping us back at the airport.

I went for Europcar rental.

Good deal. I booked 396AUD for Camry, for 10 days. With child seat and full insurance.

When I collect car, they gave upgrade to Nissan Xtrial SUV.

This sounds like a great deal.

• Praise 2

All my Perth trips I've only use No Birds aka Bayswater Car Rental. It cheap and good. Cheap is there used to be zero excess without having to pay extra but think now no more this good deal. Now got to pay AUD 14 per day to make it zero excess and it cap at maximum of AUD 98 throughout the rental period so rent longer period will be more worth it.

If you are getting travel insurance, it usually covers certain amount of rental car excess so can take a gamble here and go without the extra zero excess coverage. Their price is cheap as compared to other big brand and those that offers the luxury of collecting from airport.

They offered this shuttle transfer service from airport to their nearest office to collect your car at AUD 5 per person which is cheap. Can just book for the driver to go collect the car and then go back to the airport to pick up the rest if the group is big. It not far from the airport anyway.

There is an option to return the car at their Perth CBD office but to pay extra for that. Lat time is less than AUD 30 but now I'm not sure. If you want to drive to the air port for the return trip then do the same and drop everyone off at the airport and then the driver go return the car alone and then take their AUD 5 shuttle back to the airport. I've been there done that. It very easy even for my 1st time.

The good is because their cars are usually very new and less than a few years old so it relatively problem free.

Guys is it worth to get a hybrid car if it cost ard $80 more? Probably will be driving ard 1000km?

I won't do that. The petrol there is cheaper as compared to here and if the car you are getting is pretty new, then the consumption won't be high. Not worth it.

no headache.

I only hire car with driver if traffic is crazy like india vietnam indo china etc

But aussie road damn wide and empty, so easy to drive and relaxing

• Praise 1

All my Perth trips I've only use No Birds aka Bayswater Car Rental. It cheap and good. Cheap is there used to be zero excess without having to pay extra but think now no more this good deal. Now got to pay AUD 14 per day to make it zero excess and it cap at maximum of AUD 98 throughout the rental period so rent longer period will be more worth it.

If you are getting travel insurance, it usually covers certain amount of rental car excess so can take a gamble here and go without the extra zero excess coverage. Their price is cheap as compared to other big brand and those that offers the luxury of collecting from airport.

They offered this shuttle transfer service from airport to their nearest office to collect your car at AUD 5 per person which is cheap. Can just book for the driver to go collect the car and then go back to the airport to pick up the rest if the group is big. It not far from the airport anyway.

There is an option to return the car at their Perth CBD office but to pay extra for that. Lat time is less than AUD 30 but now I'm not sure. If you want to drive to the air port for the return trip then do the same and drop everyone off at the airport and then the driver go return the car alone and then take their AUD 5 shuttle back to the airport. I've been there done that. It very easy even for my 1st time.

The good is because their cars are usually very new and less than a few years old so it relatively problem free.

I won't do that. The petrol there is cheaper as compared to here and if the car you are getting is pretty new, then the consumption won't be high. Not worth it.

Thanks for sharing this lobang.Will consider if I am to go Perth as too many trips to Melbourne already The excess charges is really quite low. But first time hear have to pay money for transfer to collect and when return car, as all others I check in Melbourne offer free shuttle service.

I prefer to collect rental car from airport but if this option is considerably cheaper than others and I have a lot of free time to play around, why not?

Thanks for the advice!

Good last year my perth trip we also used No Birds aka Bayswater Car Rental, all Toyota white colour car equipped with GPS, but we buy Telestra Sim cards using phones navigation is better... if u take night flight arrival in perth, can stay in airport hotels Bayswater nearby, then u can take Uber to car collection center.

Edited by Viper76
  • Praise 2

Thanks for sharing this lobang.Will consider if I am to go Perth as too many trips to Melbourne already The excess charges is really quite low. But first time hear have to pay money for transfer to collect and when return car, as all others I check in Melbourne offer free shuttle service.

I prefer to collect rental car from airport but if this option is considerably cheaper than others and I have a lot of free time to play around, why not?

I think for No Bird, they tries to make their rate as cheap as possible so you pay for what you need. Think it cost a lot to store their cars at the airport so they store it further and charge customer cheaper. After planning your trip, check out the other company to compare the price. So far I can't find anyone cheaper than No Bird.

Thanks for the advice!

Welcome. It good to share loban around so everyone can benefit for it.

Edited by Sagara
  • Praise 1

Good last year my perth trip we also used No Birds aka Bayswater Car Rental, all Toyota white colour car equipped with GPS, but we buy Telestra Sim cards using phones navigation is better... if u take night flight arrival in perth, can stay in airport hotels Bayswater nearby, then u can take Uber to car collection center.

Ya don't waste time with their on-board GPS or pay money to rent. Just go get a prepaid sim and use google map. That the best.

• Praise 1

hi folks,

i'm travelling to melbourne and intend to rent a car for a family of 4. we will have 2 x large luggage.

now i'm wondering if to rent a toyota camry or a 5 seater SUV (kluger). Preference is a toyota camry but the question is - the boot is big enough to fit 2 x large luggage?

hi folks,

i'm travelling to melbourne and intend to rent a car for a family of 4. we will have 2 x large luggage.

now i'm wondering if to rent a toyota camry or a 5 seater SUV (kluger). Preference is a toyota camry but the question is - the boot is big enough to fit 2 x large luggage?

2 x large luggage should be able to fit into Camry. But Kluger also not bad to drive. Huge car.

• Praise 2

2 x large luggage should be able to fit into Camry. But Kluger also not bad to drive. Huge car.

thanks for the info.

yup, drove a 7 seater kluger before in perth. solid drive with AWD.

but this time round only 4 pax and kluger 5 seater is all rented out. so save a bit on rental and get a camry.

Ya don't waste time with their on-board GPS or pay money to rent. Just go get a prepaid sim and use google map. That the best.

Just a point to note for using google map to navigate:

best to download off-line maps of the area beforehand too, just in case you are in some outskirt area where there is no signal/data...

• Praise 5

Just a point to note for using google map to navigate:

best to download off-line maps of the area beforehand too, just in case you are in some outskirt area where there is no signal/data...

Yes off-line map is a must have. Lots of no signal areas on the outskirts. Best is to get Telstra sim. More expensive but better coverage. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1