Australia: Car Rental in Perth

Tjkbeluga

screw the gps ... use google maps or tomtom (no data required) on iphone [thumbsup]

Tom tom pay one right?

Google map seems not really good. Maybe i will try use it in sg first

↡ Advertisement

Why people says Bayswater is convenient I don't get it. I've drove past it before. Really out in the middle of no where. Nowhere close to the airport also

I rented from hertz. Return is fuss free as well. Just drop the key off and can Siam liao.

I didn't take the insurance package.

when i arrive the airport, i got a 3gb plan data sim, so i can use google map and i need internet anyway

tomtom is free for me because my iphone is jailbreak ... lol

Tom tom pay one right?

Google map seems not really good. Maybe i will try use it in sg first

when i was in perth, i stay in baywater too simply because parking is free. i can take the free CAT bus to get to all tourist spot [thumbsup]

Why people says Bayswater is convenient I don't get it. I've drove past it before. Really out in the middle of no where. Nowhere close to the airport also

I rented from hertz. Return is fuss free as well. Just drop the key off and can Siam liao.

I didn't take the insurance package.

Edited by Wt_know

I'm quite regular at Perth. My contributions :

For car rentals, try looking through various car rental search websites. They compare the different companies and sometimes be substantially cheaper. Taxi fare from airport to the city is about $30. Do your own sums. Don't bother renting their GPS, very expensive. Use a mobile phone or your own standalone GPS.

For mobile phone line, buy a prepaid. There are various prepaid companies with cheap calls. Personally, I use Lebara. Cost me A$10 for 90 days. Calls to Singapore landlines cost $0.01 per minute + connection fee. Cheaper than calling from within Singapore! (All phone companies in Australia charge a connection fee, caller pay for call). Data cost is $0.10/mb. There are various other companies with similar rates. Only hassle is, since after Sep 11, all mobile phone lines need to register.

Australia police very strict with speeding and drink driving. If have children, a booster/child seat is required. Check RAC website for details. Drive safe.

• Praise 1

Any new/nice hotel recommendation near to city and offers free/cheap parking daily?

I was looking at fraser suites but parking not cheap. Another one is 4 points but parking abiut 25 per night

that's why people choose mount bay waters even it's old and not good ... the reason simply because parking is free ... lol

Any new/nice hotel recommendation near to city and offers free/cheap parking daily?

I was looking at fraser suites but parking not cheap. Another one is 4 points but parking abiut 25 per night

Edited by Wt_know

that's why people choose baywater even it's old and not good ... the reason simply because parking is free ... lol

I see the picture the place like not convenient to walk to nearby.

Think if parking aud 10 per night is reasonable for me. But 25 is not worth it. Last time i stay in intercontinental burswood which is not convenient. The other time i stay in hilton, abit rundown that time. So this time want to get new hotel lol

Want to rent car from airport for convenience. Because travellig with wheelchair and also my bad experience in perth taxi. Taxi is very expensive, took from burswood to downtown cost me $40-50 few years back.

i don't walk ... there is a bust stop right in front of the hotel ...

free bus all over perth cbd area and most of the tourist spot in the city

if you need to drive in perth cbd ... then no issue right staying in mount bay water

beside mount bay water is apartment ... you can get those 2 rooms unit [thumbsup]

anyway, i choose baywater simply because of free parking and free bus ... the place is rundown but acceptable ... not great

I see the picture the place like not convenient to walk to nearby.

Think if parking aud 10 per night is reasonable for me. But 25 is not worth it. Last time i stay in intercontinental burswood which is not convenient. The other time i stay in hilton, abit rundown that time. So this time want to get new hotel lol

Want to rent car from airport for convenience. Because travellig with wheelchair and also my bad experience in perth taxi. Taxi is very expensive, took from burswood to downtown cost me $40-50 few years back.

Edited by Wt_know

i don't walk ... there is a bust stop right in front of the hotel ...

free bus all over perth cbd area and most of the tourist spot in the city

if you need to drive in perth cbd ... then no issue right staying in mount bay water

beside mount bay water is apartment ... you can get those 2 rooms unit [thumbsup]

anyway, i choose baywater simply because of free parking and free bus ... the place is rundown but acceptable ... not great

Oh the CAT bus right? The bus is so great if i am alone i wont need to rent a car.

Thinking to drive to fremantle and mandurah. At mandurah stay overnight in sebel. Any other near place recommended? Albany too far.

i stay in mandurah too ... it's dead quiet unless you go on weekend ... but weekend hotel rate is more ex ... lol

can also drop by Rockingham which is between Freemantle and Mandurah

not going Rottnesst Island? can also check out Hillarys Boat Harbour (1/2 hr from perth) ... can plan a nice and steady evening dinner [thumbsup]

that's about the popular tourist spot for the vicinity ... my last trip i drive all the way to Margaret River and Augusta ... lol

Oh the CAT bus right? The bus is so great if i am alone i wont need to rent a car.

Thinking to drive to fremantle and mandurah. At mandurah stay overnight in sebel. Any other near place recommended? Albany too far.

post-7984-0-96921800-1440908168_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

that's why people choose mount bay waters even it's old and not good ... the reason simply because parking is free ... lol

I stayed there. It's OK. Just have to drive out to eat. But the apartment is nice and clean even if not the newest.

With very young kids or old folks. No brainer. U need a car. Most of the sights i want to go to, u need a car anyway.

i stay in mandurah too ... it's dead quiet unless you go on weekend ... but weekend hotel rate is more ex ... lol

can also drop by Rockingham which is between Freemantle and Mandurah

not going Rottnesst Island? can also check out Hillarys Boat Harbour (1/2 hr from perth) ... can plan a nice and steady evening dinner [thumbsup]

that's about the popular tourist spot for the vicinity ... my last trip i drive all the way to Margaret River and Augusta ... lol

Think wont go beyond mandurah

Will drop by rockingham and fremantle.

I thinking to go weekday to avoid crowd lol. Anyway i will be going only 5-6 days on october. Weekend maybe in around perth area before heading back sh

I stayed Mountway Holiday Apartments on Mount Street to attend meetings @ Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre. Just use the bridge (over Mitchell Fwy) to go St Georges Terr & Hay St.

Hotel may be old but I chose it for it's parking on site (foc) & nice quiet neighbourhood.

Within walking distance to Kings Park too.

• Praise 2

Think wont go beyond mandurah

Will drop by rockingham and fremantle.

I thinking to go weekday to avoid crowd lol. Anyway i will be going only 5-6 days on october. Weekend maybe in around perth area before heading back sh

but fremantle market only open on weekend right?

Neutral Newbie

Beside bayswater u can consider ariescarrental.

Get a prepaid data card so u can use your phone nav and map + phone

Bays water rental (No Birds) has only small cars, more suitable for a couple with luggages.

Rented once from Hertz, a Camry that has steering alignment issue.

Red Spot is ok too. These rental companies that I've mentioned are available for pick-ups & drop-offs @ the airport. Convenient location.......exit on street level, can push your trolley all the way to the car. Btw, I rented fr Hertz with a number code from AAS as they have some kind of discount arrangement for members.

Edited by TameDriver
↡ Advertisement