Tire patching types and prices

Sturtles

The cost of patching from the inside of the tyre casing , I reckon consists mainly of labour cost.Material cost and use of shop space,floor jack,tyre changer and balancer does add up to the cost of repair.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Just got my tire patched today.

Very surprised the price of patching has increased by so much

I remember having a simple worm patch at 4-5 dollars a few years back.

I was quoted between 8-10 dollars at various shops over the past 1 month I had the puncture

Finally had the time to finally do the job, and stopped by at simpang bedok.

I was quoted $18 for a patch, but the boss said his is patching from the inside, where the tire is removed from the rim for sticking it with a round pad. Its definitely a safer way of patching, as I've had a bad experience for the worm method.

For this price, I should have been roberted, but seriously, what is the market price for this job?

today is 19 feb 2017 ... 7 years after you did your patching ...

i got a bloody screw i my rear tire last night after 7pm ... and there was nobody open to fix it last night.

so this morning i went to the simpang bedok tire shop to have it patched. there are two shops there - one is beside the coffee shop ... but i went to the one beside the selegie tow huay shop and did an internal patch for $16 + $1 for parking charges.

price went down ?

From what i have heard from the tyre shops, patching from inside is needed if the puncture is at or near side wall. If at middle of the tyre, just use the normal patch method will do.

From what i have heard from the tyre shops, patching from inside is needed if the puncture is at or near side wall. If at middle of the tyre, just use the normal patch method will do.

I guess the shops you referred to do not provide such internal patching service. 

It is said that those normal plugs may shoot out, especially when travelling at high speed. Having said that, none of my plugged tyres ever had the plugs fly out. Nevertheless, if given a choice, I will always go for internal patching.

I guess the shops you referred to do not provide such internal patching service.

It is said that those normal plugs may shoot out, especially when travelling at high speed. Having said that, none of my plugged tyres ever had the plugs fly out. Nevertheless, if given a choice, I will always go for internal patching.

The shop that told me that can do internal patch. Went to them after a fxxked up tyre shop did an external patch on a tyre near side wall. Never heard that external patch will fly off. The material is quite sticky and will stick to the tyre.

update ….

this morning when reach workplace, found my driver side rear tire half flat … so took out the electric pump and pumped it out before going to the tire shop in Simpang Bedok. (beside the towhuay shop)

this time, internal patching price went up to $20 liow !!

Edited by Ysc3

update â¦.

this morning when reach workplace, found my driver side rear tire half flat ⦠so took out the electric pump and pumped it out before going to the tire shop in Simpang Bedok. (beside the towhuay shop)

Tuas still $10 at the Stamford @ shell.

Want to come over? $15/$20 market price.

I ever patched a hole that cost me $35 in Singapore.

Edited by Kopites

Tuas still $10 at the Stamford @ shell.

Want to come over? $15/$20 market price.

I ever patched a hole that cost me $35 in Singapore.

they already charge around that amount just to rotate each tire … and with internal patch they only charge $10 !!??

really cheap labour … take out tire, patch, fix back …

worm patch was $8 near my place … but now I don't want to do worm patch anymore.

but its ok lah … petrol not cheap also ...

update ….

this morning when reach workplace, found my driver side rear tire half flat … so took out the electric pump and pumped it out before going to the tire shop in Simpang Bedok. (beside the towhuay shop)

I never liked the shop. There used to be another one on same row, that one better service imo. If I have to go, I will go the the one opposite at Shell Station. 

I never liked the shop. There used to be another one on same row, that one better service imo. If I have to go, I will go the the one opposite at Shell Station. 

you mean the one beside the coffee shop ?

do they do internal patch also ? how's their pricing like ?

update ….

10 years ago I did internal patch beside Comcentre already 20 liao  [sweatdrop]

10 years ago I did internal patch beside Comcentre already 20 liao  [sweatdrop]

internal patching no standard charges 1 

different car and tyres type should be different price.

very hard to compare

• Praise 1

you mean the one beside the coffee shop ?

do they do internal patch also ? how's their pricing like ?

nah. that one also not advisable to go. 

In Shell station itself. There is a tyre shop, the uncle there honest. 

Pricing I forgot liao, so many years ago

nah. that one also not advisable to go. 

In Shell station itself. There is a tyre shop, the uncle there honest. 

Pricing I forgot liao, so many years ago

I saw the shell station tire shop on the way there just now … but did not if they did internal patching or not … so just went back to the towhuay shop neighbor one … next time will check them out.

internal patching no standard charges 1 

different car and tyres type should be different price.

very hard to compare

So difficult to find shop doing internal...but uncle took 1 over hour to do it...really pro...still do water testing  [thumbsup]

Mostly wanna cut corner [sweatdrop]

My worst encounter was the Korean Brand tyre shop [lipsrsealed]

Turn steering out, remove screw, enlarge hole, insert worm, cut and said 20...whole process with 10 minutes [thumbsdown]

Ask me sign up member ship then closed down outlet 6 months later  [knife]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1