Test drived Kia Forte Koup

Revolc81

Neutral Newbie

Was at the showroom at alexandra yesterday to test drive.

Waited one hour to finally drive the 1.6. Overall experience quite ok with the car. Superb interior and exterior design but lacking of power as expected.

Comes with red leather seats if top up additonal money. [thumbsup] For that kind of price, I cannot believe it comes with sports rims, sun roof and 5yrs unlimited warrantly! Really good deal in my opinion.

Too bad the SE told me for manual 1.6 he only left one white and one lime green only. The next shipment is next yr Jan. Any bros went yesterday also?

↡ Advertisement

Waited one hour to finally drive the 1.6. Overall experience quite ok with the car. Superb interior and exterior design but lacking of power as expected.

Comes with red leather seats if top up additonal money. [thumbsup] For that kind of price, I cannot believe it comes with sports rims, sun roof and 5yrs unlimited warrantly! Really good deal in my opinion.

Too bad the SE told me for manual 1.6 he only left one white and one lime green only. The next shipment is next yr Jan. Any bros went yesterday also?

The lime green is nice!

Friend, it is in the post already leh!

Superb interior and exterior design but lacking of power as expected.

HAHAHA... I missed that sentence... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Edited by Xspace

think it shares the same engine as the creato forte hence u cant expect sports car performance. but the looks, accessories and pricing is indeed good. will be great if they come out wif a turbo or a higher specs version. [thumbsup]

yeah it shares the same engine as the cerato forte.

Few concerns:

1. In order to bring out more sports car character, Kia has improved the throttle response on the accelerator. Is it hard to manage the throttle at crawling speeds?

2. Heard the manual doesn't have nice gear shift action or clutch or sth like that. Is it true?

Edited by Alfisti168

no idea..only a test drive can reveal all these. but i guess no matter how they tweak the throttle response, its still a 1.6 engine. unless they haf a different set of cams or other mods tat comes wif it.

remember the cerato version R? hehe.

what is the meaning of unlimited warranty?

no mileage limit?

no idea..only a test drive can reveal all these. but i guess no matter how they tweak the throttle response, its still a 1.6 engine. unless they haf a different set of cams or other mods tat comes wif it.

remember the cerato version R? hehe.

its called Variant R lah [drivingcar]

but its an ugly looking car

Neutral Newbie

what is the meaning of unlimited warranty?

no mileage limit?

yes no milege limit. As long as it is still within the 5 years.

Neutral Newbie

yeah it shares the same engine as the cerato forte.

Few concerns:

1. In order to bring out more sports car character, Kia has improved the throttle response on the accelerator. Is it hard to manage the throttle at crawling speeds?

2. Heard the manual doesn't have nice gear shift action or clutch or sth like that. Is it true?

bro , i cant give a deifinite answer lei, only test drive like around 5 mins . Cos the queue is too long, the SE only let me u-turn and come back!

But i do feel the throttle is more responsive and not hard to manage at the very least in my short time in the car.

No NA car under 2.5L is gonna feel powerful anyway. Keep in mind that the Koup is designed as a 'soft' sports coupe similar to the good ol Nissan NX Coupe, Paseo, Integra (non Type-R), etc. At $60k n loaded wif std features, i reckon it's one helluva deal.

Supercharged

Koup is designed as a 'soft' sports coupe

no way it deserves the "sports" or even "sporty" label.

maybe in terms of looks only.

Think of it as a pretty korean actress. Won't win any academy awards for acting but sure is eye candy. [inlove] And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Neutral Newbie

Still find the Forte interior full of hard plastic. In fact everything is hard plastic except the gear knob, steering wheel and seats. If anyone is looking at the Forte 2.0, my opinion is the Mangentis has much better interior built quality, size and comfort at a few Ks more only.

another econbox from korean.. made to look like a sports coupe car but doesnt drive like one. i doubt many will complain about its affordability and pricing as well as value because the features that come stock with this koup is pretty decent. performance is mediocre but expected, since using same engine as forte.

at best, this koup looks decent outside with low performance, lastly, sorry but no offence, built quality inside is cheap.