Question about petrol companies?

Ev0lutionz

Why cant one petrol station lower their price so that everyone will patronise them? Like if everyone 1.8 per L. Lower to 1.5? If they do that, i am sure they will earn big bucks.

↡ Advertisement

Why cant one petrol station lower their price so that everyone will patronise them? Like if everyone 1.8 per L. Lower to 1.5? If they do that, i am sure they will earn big bucks.

Yes for other countries not for Singapore why...Cos the ciziiten doenst boycott any of the cartels so they up the prices together...We only have our selves to blame simple.....

Now I stop whinning just whack the share of cartels....Prices up good for me simple also....

Anyway, Government should lower tax on petrol ??????

I believe the petrol tax is just a small amount of the pictures...Very simple the tax doesnt fluctuate like crude oils prices....But when oil up to $140US and down $70US does the petrol here drop as much....No right....So let's dont blame on the tax...

is just greedy cartels and sillyporeans....

Cos some just believe so and so petrol add 200bhp more to their small engines....

They do not need to lower the price at all if the demand is always there no matter how much the price is.

Will the other petrol station has a situation where their underground tanks will still be full due to reduced sale today (assuming everyone pumps Full tanks shell today, and will only need to refill their car come wednesday onwards)?

Meaning the other petrol station might not have to refill their underground tanks on Monday.

Meaning their petrol production at the cracking plant in jurong or jurong island will be over producing on monday till wednesday?

I remember there was a call in this forum long time ago.... to cause production issues at petrol station, by bycotting their petrol for one day. Whereby the cascading effect will causing their oil production overrun, disarray in tankers deployment, disarray in the distribution flow...etc.

Will today's Shell phenomenon finally cause the other petrol station to has cascading detrimental consequences?

Lets see.....today is really a real-life experiment to prove the theory of 'Boycotting' petrol company and its effect.

Today you drop your price to $1.50 and everyone comes to you. Tomorrow everyone drops their prices to $1.50 and you're back to where you started less your initial margin.

This is can done... but singaporeans "sabo-ed" themselves. See today, alot of people say boycott Shell, but comes $1 promo... wah, Shell machiam their dad's company die die queue up also must pump.

If 99% of the car owners steady together pump one particular brand eg. Exxonmobil.

Then Shell, SPC, Cal-pei-tex will eventually lower their prices to curb with the low demand.

Will the other petrol station has a situation where their underground tanks will still be full due to reduced sale today (assuming everyone pumps Full tanks shell today, and will only need to refill their car come wednesday onwards)?

Meaning the other petrol station might not have to refill their underground tanks on Monday.

Meaning their petrol production at the cracking plant in jurong or jurong island will be over producing on monday till wednesday?

I remember there was a call in this forum long time ago.... to cause production issues at petrol station, by bycotting their petrol for one day. Whereby the cascading effect will causing their oil production overrun, disarray in tankers deployment, disarray in the distribution flow...etc.

Will today's Shell phenomenon finally cause the other petrol station to has cascading detrimental consequences?

Lets see.....today is really a real-life experiment to prove the theory of 'Boycotting' petrol company and its effect.

If this is true, then Caltex probably feel the pinch and cave in.

They've reduced their price by 4 cents across all grades after Shell.

bro, cool down... dont let the big boys drive u crazy..... :mellow::mellow::mellow:

This is can done... but singaporeans "sabo-ed" themselves. See today, alot of people say boycott Shell, but comes $1 promo... wah, Shell machiam their dad's company die die queue up also must pump.

If 99% of the car owners steady together pump one particular brand eg. Exxonmobil.

Then Shell, SPC, Cal-pei-tex will eventually lower their prices to curb with the low demand.

The call for a boycott is because Shell was the first to raised their petrol price then.

But in this case, they offered at $1/l, why not go for it?

There are savings concerned here, so why go against money?

Neutral Newbie

Can get up to 18% discount in Caltex. Caltex giving out $3 vouchers, valid with $50 nett fuel purchase, till 30 Nov.

12% discount with HSBC/OCBC credit card + $3 voucher. Means $50 petrol after discount & voucher is $41.

Can get up to 18% discount in Caltex. Caltex giving out $3 vouchers, valid with $50 nett fuel purchase, till 30 Nov.

12% discount with HSBC/OCBC credit card + $3 voucher. Means $50 petrol after discount & voucher is $41.

Where to get this $3 voucher?

Yes for other countries not for Singapore why...Cos the ciziiten doenst boycott any of the cartels so they up the prices together...We only have our selves to blame simple.....

Now I stop whinning just whack the share of cartels....Prices up good for me simple also....

Fuel stations work exactly the same in NZ. One of my duties as manager of a kiosk there was to monitor the price of the station down the road.

Also, three of the four majors there were convicted of conspiring to fix price (three of the same top four that are in operation here)

Neutral Newbie

Ask the counter staff for the $3 voucher [thumbsup] . Got it when I when to pump yesterday. Immediately deduct $3 off my purchase & gave me a brochure of 6 coupons.

↡ Advertisement