Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)

Achtung

Maybe just want to howlian.....hahahahaha

Ya lo

Waste time so merge here

↡ Advertisement

All the pressure and temperature are different.....Bring More Worries!

So like that means what action required? Go pump tire, release air or leave it?

All the pressure and temperature are different.....Bring More Worries!

since we are on TPMS, do you guys observe that the front tyres are usually hotter and a tad higher in pressure than rear ones, probably due to engine heat during driving ?

since we are on TPMS, do you guys observe that the front tyres are usually hotter and a tad higher in pressure than rear ones, probably due to engine heat during driving ?

Cause the one turning are the front. Braking also plays a part in heat generating.
  • Praise 1

Especially so for front wheel drive car..

(edited)

mine's a AWD [drivingcar]

Regardless. Front will always be hotter. Cause majority of braking take place there. And like I said, the wheels that turn are in front. Thus hotter... not sure whether consistent for drifting or not though..lol Edited by Xanavi

Any good tpms to intro

I have been using Steelmate over a year before switching to Tyresafe. Main difference between the 2 is that Tyresafe has temperature sensor while Steelmate does not. Another key difference is that Steelmate is using backlit LCD while the readings on the Tyresafe is lit up by itself. This makes Steelmate easier to read under direct sunlight while Tyresafe is easier to read when the environment is less harsh. Last difference is that when the sensors goes to sleep on the Tyresafe, the display will become dash "-" and will remain so until data is received from the sensors again while for Steelmate, it will retain the last reading.

• Praise 3

Don't know about the temperature but my factory TPMS shows rear 2 tires tends to be higher pressure (275) than the 2 front ones (265) despite me pumping the same pressure (260) all round.... Mine's a AWD with rear bias. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1