[UPDATE] PRC acquitted of trying to rob a cabby along Sims A

Sleepyman

PRC acquitted of trying to rob a cabby along Sims Avenue

A CHINESE national charged a week ago with trying to rob a cabby was cleared on Wednesday after the charge was dropped.

Mr Zhou Sunfu, 27, a real estate businessman, was initially accused of trying to rob Mr Robert Lee Khee Choon, 61, inside a cab along Sims Avenue near Lorong 29 Geylang on Oct 19.

While driving, the cabby collided into a bus stop. Both Mr Zhou and the taxi driver were injured and taken to Changi General Hospital.

Mr Zhou, who arrived in Singapore on Oct 9 with his girlfriend for a social visit, was given a discharge amounting to an acquittal an the application of the prosecution.

When Mr Zhou later stepped into the public concourse from the basement lock-up of the Subordinate Courts, he was greeted with a hug from his mother, Madam Chen Zhuhong, 50, who had flown in from Pintan Island in Fujian on Sunday.

His girlfriend and several of his friends were also in court.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_447435.html

↡ Advertisement

PRC acquitted of trying to rob a cabby along Sims Avenue

A CHINESE national charged a week ago with trying to rob a cabby was cleared on Wednesday after the charge was dropped.

Mr Zhou Sunfu, 27, a real estate businessman, was initially accused of trying to rob Mr Robert Lee Khee Choon, 61, inside a cab along Sims Avenue near Lorong 29 Geylang on Oct 19.

While driving, the cabby collided into a bus stop. Both Mr Zhou and the taxi driver were injured and taken to Changi General Hospital.

Mr Zhou, who arrived in Singapore on Oct 9 with his girlfriend for a social visit, was given a discharge amounting to an acquittal an the application of the prosecution.

When Mr Zhou later stepped into the public concourse from the basement lock-up of the Subordinate Courts, he was greeted with a hug from his mother, Madam Chen Zhuhong, 50, who had flown in from Pintan Island in Fujian on Sunday.

His girlfriend and several of his friends were also in court.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_447435.html

MAKES A MOCKERY OF OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM.

IF this Chinaman dint attempt to ROB this cabby, why the hell did the cabby drove straight into the Bus-stop? I wonder if the charges will be dropped if the accused is a Local NS Recruit. Singapore gone case already. Attempted Robbery is a very serious offence which warrants ROTANs too.

MAKES A MOCKERY OF OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM.

IF this Chinaman dint attempt to ROB this cabby, why the hell did the cabby drove straight into the Bus-stop? I wonder if the charges will be dropped if the accused is a Local NS Recruit. Singapore gone case already. Attempted Robbery is a very serious offence which warrants ROTANs too.

Why is it a mockery? There's no mentioning of any weapon used. The PRC did not use brute force on the cabby.

It could be just a simple misunderstanding.

Check out the chinese news on TV....this China man is REALLY Calm and Steady.

He sound so credible.

This China man was saying he told the taxi drive he is going to Rochor(or was it Joo Chiat), but in chinese was "Ru Cheit".

I am inclined to believe that he is innocent too.

From another angle of thoughts,

Looking at the way this particular and most other China national people present themselves, the poise and calmness in their explaination and talking....its no wonder they are overtaking the service jobs in Singapore. Of course these traits will make them very very much a better person compared to the rude and crude Singaporean ways of talking and arguing.

Neutral Newbie

reminds me a story not long ago that a taxi driver took a PRC passenger then crashed due to careless driving. later the taxi driver accused that the passenger for robbery. he lied to police just hoped to escape from paying the repair cost...

this news sounds so much similar...i believe same thing happened again. good luck to the taxi driver. he will go to jail for lying but he deserves it.

i dont think the release of this PRC has anything to do with china. this is singapore. robbery is a serious crime. if he is in guilty, he will be punished. that applies to any nationals from any countries.

Watched from the earlier news that the driver's house was splashed with paint from loan-sharks.

Is he in a difficult financial situation?

reminds me a story not long ago that a taxi driver took a PRC passenger then crashed due to careless driving. later the taxi driver accused that the passenger for robbery. he lied to police just hoped to escape from paying the repair cost...

this news sounds so much similar...i believe same thing happened again. good luck to the taxi driver. he will go to jail for lying but he deserves it.

i dont think the release of this PRC has anything to do with china. this is singapore. robbery is a serious crime. if he is in guilty, he will be punished. that applies to any nationals from any countries.

If Zhou had never tried to rob Mr Robert Lee, then the latter must have made a false police report and should be charged in court. However, there was no mention of it???? The report is useless... machiam like novel... knn keep let us guessing...

as much as i hate PRCs, think about it..if the dood's a businessman, why would he rob the taxi driver?

but the guys unconcious now??? can anyone confirm? if so who verify its not a robbery???

Turbocharged

huh?

so what's the real story?

how did the cab driver think that the PRC want to rob him?

the crash was pretty bad....

↡ Advertisement