Tyre crack after hitting on rock, can it be mend?

Topaz

Hi,

Can some1 advise if my tyre hit on a stone and there is a hairline crack can it still be mend or I need to buy need tyres? Any recommendation where to repair tyre or change tyre?

TIA :huh:

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Can some1 advise if my tyre hit on a stone and there is a hairline crack can it still be mend or I need to buy need tyres? Any recommendation where to repair tyre or change tyre?

TIA :huh:

Best is bring your ride to a tyre shop for their opinion [nod]

Tyres are the only contact between your ride to the ground, mai play play [nod]

Best is bring your ride to a tyre shop for their opinion [nod]

Tyres are the only contact between your ride to the ground, mai play play [nod]

Tire shop might try to hard sell their tires to TS. Later TS end up brain washed and change all 4 tires. [laugh]

If you search online you will find that inside the tire wall there are steel braiding and thin strips steel belt wrapped around internally. If just a hair line crack it's just a "superficial wound". Unless the rock is sharp and pierce thru the steel belt, dan you worry.

Keep an eye on the crack. If really becomes jialat dan change.

Edited by Watwheels

Oh ! change tyre quite expensive leh... then anywhere to recommend i can get tyres at good price? or anywhere I can get good condirtion 2nd hand tyres?

If you search online you will find that inside the tire wall there are steel braiding and thin strips steel belt wrapped around internally. If just a hair line crack it's just a "superficial wound". Unless the rock is sharp and pierce thru the steel belt, dan you worry.

Keep an eye on the crack. If really becomes jialat dan change.

Not sure how deep the crack is but i heard a loud "pop" sound and it deflate very fast like in 10 min, when i change the tyre to the spare one, the puncture tyre resume it original shape..n i saw a crackline on the side wall

change tyre expensive...hmm...then may i ask how much you are paying your car installment every mth to bank? generally car insurance is expensive than a set of tyres, so do u complain insurance so expensive leh, can dun renew or not????

Tire shop might try to hard sell their tires to TS. Later TS end up brain washed and change all 4 tires. [laugh]

I did call up my AD, they say must change at least 2 tyres to balance as they dun hav stock for my existing tyre model.

Yes I fear ganna psycho to change all tyres [sweatdrop]

I did call up my AD, they say must change at least 2 tyres to balance as they dun hav stock for my existing tyre model.

Yes I fear ganna psycho to change all tyres [sweatdrop]

no one will stop you if you want to change just 1 tyre. changing 2 is the best practice

Not sure how deep the crack is but i heard a loud "pop" sound and it deflate very fast like in 10 min, when i change the tyre to the spare one, the puncture tyre resume it original shape..n i saw a crackline on the side wall

If deflated means torn liao. LL have to change.

Ok... thinking probably it is a good time to upsize my tyre to 17" any good tyre shop to recommend?? mayb i look anybody in this forum wanna sell their tyre

You want cheap, then buy those OEM tyres taken out from new car. Many tyre shops who does trade-in should have stock.

↡ Advertisement