Cruze FC

Fishieme

Thks for ur clarification bro! Given the weight of the Forte, 11km/l in aggressive driving is v good le. Now soundproof le is the car as quiet as the Avante?

I am just wondering how come the Forte with it's heavy body and my heavy body still can give such figures. Not bad IMO.

Avante mostly comes with the tuff kote that is why the soundproof is good.

Soundproofing the doors only wont really reduce the road noise. It is more for ICE.

I wanted to do tuff kote or soundclad, but those will only last for abt 2-3 years, after that it will lose it's ability to cut off road noise and reapplication might be needed. This was told to me by a car mechanic.

↡ Advertisement

CVT transmission good for fuel economy.

6 speed gear will get improve consumption at higher speed during cruze.

also, plse remember to chk your tyre pressure twice weekly ----230PSI should be fine

Ermm... If you go out of the way twice a week to check and pump your tyres, I think even if you are able to improve your fuel consumption but it will be at the expense of burning more fuel overall. I think checking your tyre pressue as and when you need to refuel will be a wiser option. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

You have not get to know your new Cruz well enough yet.

Hi guys hows ur fc like ah?

i just did my 1k servicing. my ave FC for the first 1k is 9.26km/l which is kind of bad... mine is a 1.6 auto.

share ur FC in this thread leh and any tips for better FC for cruze? Thanks dudes

Ermm... If you go out of the way twice a week to check and pump your tyres, I think even if you are able to improve your fuel consumption but it will be at the expense of burning more fuel overall. I think checking your tyre pressue as and when you need to refuel will be a wiser option. [;)]

Actually I do it on alternate week when refuelling, I refuel once a week. mis-comm.....hehe [blush][laugh]

just collected my cruze bk from 1k servicing today. FC improved, from ubi to bukit merah ave FC is 10km/l

ur FC is based on the trip computer figure or is it your own calculated one?

Neutral Newbie

ur FC is based on the trip computer figure or is it your own calculated one?

based on the computer one. i reseted the ave FC reading after the 1k run in and so far its recorded at 10.2l/100km aka 9.8km/l. drove in the city this morning so higher fc reading as compared to yesterday

based on the computer one. i reseted the ave FC reading after the 1k run in and so far its recorded at 10.2l/100km aka 9.8km/l. drove in the city this morning so higher fc reading as compared to yesterday

Base on trip computer not accurate.If base on computer should minus 1km/l to have a actual reading.

Neutral Newbie

Base on trip computer not accurate.If base on computer should minus 1km/l to have a actual reading.

bro u sure not? previously i got do manaul calculation one leh, and it gave a better reading of .3km/l

Sktan10 is right..

Based on my meter, should minus 0.5-1km/l for actual reading..

By looking at the power to weight ratio (1.6L vs such a heavy car body) you cannot expect good fc. The autobox doesn't help either. Dan there's your driving conditions, highway driving vs city driving. Your no. of passengers & barang barang you drive around with. Your driving behaviour, do you quickly accelerate to speed and cruze or slowly roll at low speeds?

There are alot of factors affecting fc.

Neutral Newbie

my bro cruze 1.8 meter showing 10.2 litre per 100 km... which works out to be 9.8km per litre

actually cruze is a mid-sized sedan car and is quite heavy... this kind of fuel consumption is normal i think... dun compare with jap car... my fit is about 13-14km/l... but fit weighs only 1000+ kg which urs i think nearly 1400kg... i already started thinking of changing to a bigger car in the coming years... perhaps... aiming at the upcoming replacement model for avante... :D looks so nice...

↡ Advertisement