Cruze FC

Fishieme

5th Gear

does anyone get 6km/ litre?

i drove 400km and 60 litre gone in 1 week.

Cruze 1.6A

This is damn bad man [thumbsdown] . Even my 2.4L Camry can achieve average 9.4km/L. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

just set a new record fc for my Forte 1.6EX auto today

fully stock

spc92 returned 14.2km/litre, manual calculation

car mileage 21k

85% highway, 15% city

highway helps alot :D

Whyeme, SPC 92 + SPC card discount + DBS credit card additional discounts FTW man, I also strictly use 92 SPC with all the above discounts, already bleeding me: monthly about $450, on average (i always pump $50) each top up lasts 3-4 days, Altis (prev generation) on 16", anything from 11.9km/l to 13.5km/l, 60 highway - 40 city and jam;

I cannot imagine (at this point in my life) having to live with any worse fc vehicle, though the vehicles I dream of one day owning should return 8-9 km/l, gawd if my travel routine still the same by then, even at today's fuel prices I foresee $600 a month spending or so [knife]

but back to topic, the cruze is returning quite poor consumption it seems? I was expecting something like 11 at worst, but in all fairness it is a heavy car and looks nice (for this class) interior;

forte also sweet, corolla-killer in the making, when avante first came out it was touted as such and i had my doubts, but now this one chop confirm, set to topple the Altis for good, it's really good car pity the long waiting for delivery times, enjoy your wheels!

BR,

Kenny

This is damn bad man [thumbsdown] . Even my 2.4L Camry can achieve average 9.4km/L. [drivingcar]

Agree with this figure, when parents out of town for some time ago I had to luxury of their Camry 2.4 for awhile, 9+ is a good gauge, never bettered 10.5 km/l for me, and that was already painfully slow!

BR,

Kenny

i almost change my 1 yr 8 mths optra cng to new nice looking cruze, but after monitoring negative feedbacks abt cruze poor fc at team chevy, i drop it.

400km for 60l??? [angel]

my current cng tank run 180km at $16net pump. even inc. the traveling to cng station, it still a wallet friendly car. so if 400km=$35plus. do the math

best is no matter how fast or hard i accelerate, the tank accurately finish at 180 km.

anyway can judge by the mass numbers of cng taxi.

don't just buy car for its look,..it only last u 10 yr, but yr petrol for 10 yrs is another story.

i almost change my 1 yr 8 mths optra cng to new nice looking cruze, but after monitoring negative feedbacks abt cruze poor fc at team chevy, i drop it.

400km for 60l??? [angel]

my current cng tank run 180km at $16net pump. even inc. the traveling to cng station, it still a wallet friendly car. so if 400km=$35plus. do the math

best is no matter how fast or hard i accelerate, the tank accurately finish at 180 km.

anyway can judge by the mass numbers of cng taxi.

don't just buy car for its look,..it only last u 10 yr, but yr petrol for 10 yrs is another story.

Do we have a "mass numbers of cng taxi" on our roads? How did you run into this conclusion, by observation? Just curious.

Regards,

wah seh! Optra Estate Auto with 16" rims FC beri beri good leh! can compare with avante! sum more 50 city!

i am impressed!

==============

I was getting abt 10-11 km/lit b4 until I did some DIY groundings then got this.

Not bad for a heavy Optra Estate. [thumbsup] To be honest, Im also quite impressed. [nod]

Plus when I grounded the headlights, it also improved a bit.

optra estate that good?

chevy only declared that its consumption is only 9.7km/l

================

Maybe their average is 9.7km/lit [confused]

But I used to get regualrly 10-11km/lit till I did some groundings. It then improved a little.

Anyway FC is not too important to me cos I only pump MY petrol (97RON)

does anyone get 6km/ litre?

i drove 400km and 60 litre gone in 1 week.

Cruze 1.6A

Are you driving with correct tyre pressure?

Just drive normally, don't purposely drive slowly thinking that it will save more fuel, it actually drink more.

just my opinion!

tks guys... for your replies on FC for new cars.

btw, a colleague suggested i try fuel CAT - broquet.

any comments/suggestions? best if there's a CRUZE owner who has install one of these can comment on it's effectiveness.

================

Dont waste your money.

Neutral Newbie

==============

I was getting abt 10-11 km/lit b4 until I did some DIY groundings then got this.

Not bad for a heavy Optra Estate. [thumbsup] To be honest, Im also quite impressed. [nod]

Plus when I grounded the headlights, it also improved a bit.

Just installed voltage stabilizer with 5 points grounding yesterday for my Cruze 1.6A.

can really feel the difference immediately... smoother & faster pick-up, better throttle response without lag.

My FC was averaging 9~9.5 km/L (50% city+50% highway) with shell 95.

Tested up north (100% highway) was 12.5 km/L with mixture of V-power+shell 95.

Will let u guys know any improvement to FC after next top-up.

Also plan to change to light pulley later.

Just installed voltage stabilizer with 5 points grounding yesterday for my Cruze 1.6A.

can really feel the difference immediately... smoother & faster pick-up, better throttle response without lag.

My FC was averaging 9~9.5 km/L (50% city+50% highway) with shell 95.

Tested up north (100% highway) was 12.5 km/L with mixture of V-power+shell 95.

Will let u guys know any improvement to FC after next top-up.

Also plan to change to light pulley later.

===============

OK keep us posted on your FC but dont get carried away with installing this & that cos your car still new.

Just enjoy the nice ride as stock. Remember, too much mods will give u plenty of headaches later on. [dizzy]

Just service according to your handbook & use good quality synthetic oils & original or OEM parts. Most important is only go to a good, reliable & HONEST mechanic for trouble-free motoring.

===============

OK keep us posted on your FC but dont get carried away with installing this & that cos your car still new.

Just enjoy the nice ride as stock. Remember, too much mods will give u plenty of headaches later on. [dizzy]

Just service according to your handbook & use good quality synthetic oils & original or OEM parts. Most important is only go to a good, reliable & HONEST mechanic for trouble-free motoring.

Supported ! [:)]

Neutral Newbie

do anynone knows where to get all the cruze accessories, such as bodykit,fog light cover, mudflaps etc.... isaw this mudflaps at uk chey cruze site... its awesome...when will it be available in singapore

Neutral Newbie

guys do anyone know where to get cruze accessories, bodykits and ets... i saw mudflaps at chevrolet uk site which is nice.... when will it all arrive to singapore cant wait...feel like buying it online and selling...ha ha

guys do anyone know where to get cruze accessories, bodykits and ets... i saw mudflaps at chevrolet uk site which is nice.... when will it all arrive to singapore cant wait...feel like buying it online and selling...ha ha

Singapore need mudflaps? I personally think cruze is nice the way it is. Maybe I will get a front lips & side skirts, but not whole bumpers.