Cruze FC

Fishieme

Neutral Newbie

Just installed voltage stabilizer with 5 points grounding yesterday for my Cruze 1.6A.

can really feel the difference immediately... smoother & faster pick-up, better throttle response without lag.

My FC was averaging 9~9.5 km/L (50% city+50% highway) with shell 95.

Tested up north (100% highway) was 12.5 km/L with mixture of V-power+shell 95.

Will let u guys know any improvement to FC after next top-up.

Also plan to change to light pulley later.

[/quote

Follow-up after 2 top-ups with same shell 95.

No change in FC leh.. 9~9.5 km/L.

But really enjoy the the smoother pick-up & better response when drop gear & during over-taking.

Think i start to enjoy my Cruze..... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Are you driving with correct tyre pressure?

Just drive normally, don't purposely drive slowly thinking that it will save more fuel, it actually drink more.

just my opinion!

my SE told me to be light footed so i always dont put so much pressure. I use esso 95. Maybe I should consider 98?

For the tyre pressure. what PSI is good for cruze?

Thx for ur tips [;)]

my SE told me to be light footed so i always dont put so much pressure. I use esso 95. Maybe I should consider 98?

For the tyre pressure. what PSI is good for cruze?

Thx for ur tips [;)]

I don't own a Cruze, but generally speaking for a sedan car in Singapore 230F/220B should be a good balance for FC and comfort for stock tyre.

Over light footed may sometime use more fuel.Just drive normally, it is normal to have gear change below 3000 rpm for initiate pick up to reach more fuel efficient speed. After that drive smoothly.

If your car have FC meter, you will notice that keeping close to constant speed uses less fuel.

Once a week,when the engine has reach proper working temperature, it is good to rev the engine up to 5000rpm at low gear for pick up when the road condition is safe. ( diff from speeding [:)] ).

Engine is designed to rev, some good rev with load will keep the engine well lub and clear some carbon.

One last tips, refuel in late night or early morning when temperature is cooler, the fuel density is higher.

Enjoy your ride and drive safely !

Just my opinion lah [:)]

Recently saw Mr Kumar name appear on my friend Aveo service handbook done, servicing was done in Alphine motor.

If he is the original Mr Kumar from Starauto, than Alphine have a good catch, Mr Kumar has got good attitude and provide good service.

Just my opinion and experience with him.

Just forget abt the FC and enjoy the Cruze la...

If you bought Cruze bcos u tot it will give decent FC u must be pretty ill-informed.

Just forget abt the FC and enjoy the Cruze la...

If you bought Cruze bcos u tot it will give decent FC u must be pretty ill-informed.

I totally agree [:)]

(edited)

15km/l any 1.5/1.6L car can do at constant 90km/hr speed, purely highway.

It's the urban stop-start traffic that cause FC to shoot up. Look at the urban FC figure, it should give you a rough idea of what your car will achieve in Singapore. Unfortunately, too much emphasis has been on combined cycle (and that's what you see on FC label in showroom).

You need to give the combined cycle figure another 20~30% discount for actual FC in Singapore.

Edited by Kangadrool

(edited)

i almost change my 1 yr 8 mths optra cng to new nice looking cruze, but after monitoring negative feedbacks abt cruze poor fc at team chevy, i drop it.

400km for 60l??? [angel]

my current cng tank run 180km at $16net pump. even inc. the traveling to cng station, it still a wallet friendly car. so if 400km=$35plus. do the math

best is no matter how fast or hard i accelerate, the tank accurately finish at 180 km.

anyway can judge by the mass numbers of cng taxi.

don't just buy car for its look,..it only last u 10 yr, but yr petrol for 10 yrs is another story.

Provided only if you are staying near to the pump station, otherwise all that trouble is not worth the $$.

Beside, you still need petrol to warm up your engine not forgetting, forking out 3k+ for installation

Edited by Kspchew

Neutral Newbie

Just get new Cruze...May i know where can I get the Voltage Stabilizer?

By the way, once we modified with the Voltage Stabilizer, does the car remain covered with AM warranty?

Neutral Newbie

My Cruze SS is closing to 2600km mileage and I have experienced improved FC from 7~8 km/l to 10km/l recently. I use 95 from beginning and switched to 98 around 1400km.

No mod to my cruze yet and all parts are original. I think the FC improvment may due to engine already run-in and higher octane petrol. (urban drive 60%city + 40% Highway)

Any bro got even better FC? share ur experience leh.

My Cruze SS is closing to 2600km mileage and I have experienced improved FC from 7~8 km/l to 10km/l recently. I use 95 from beginning and switched to 98 around 1400km.

No mod to my cruze yet and all parts are original. I think the FC improvment may due to engine already run-in and higher octane petrol. (urban drive 60%city + 40% Highway)

Any bro got even better FC? share ur experience leh.

if u have to switch to 98 to achieve 10km/litre..... then i would say cruze FC is an epic failure.

my odyssey FC can be just as good.

Juz cane back from north last week...

Car : Cruze 1.6A

distance covered : approx 1500 km

Speed : 130~140 km/h @ 3000~3100 rpm-- very stable & comfortable.

weather : heavy rain most of the time

petrol : mixture of shell 95, shell V power, petronas F1.

FC : 12.5 km/L

happy with the performance. can drop from 6th to 5th gear even at 130 km/h during over-taking.

Hi, my 2L 4AT also give around that rpm around that speed. FC wise is bad around 9 ba...

FC is about pumping the minimum octane, mine is 92,...blah blah.,...

Someone pointed out right, no point paying more for toyota fc when cruze is good spec for that $$$$...

Allion is good FC but car basic and probably price higher, not sure.

after a while, you will get used to the FC and feel comfortable with the drive compare to other basic cars....

Neutral Newbie

I have bought my Cruze 2 weeks ago, so far running 8L/100km (1L/12.5km), I think it considers good FC..

P/S: I saw some post tat mention they pump 92 for Cruze but actually it has indicated to the manual booklet, we should use at lease 95.

I have pumped 2.5 times since I bought the Cruze, 2 times is Esso 95 then went to JB pump V-Power Racing. :)

Front Tire: 230; Rear Tire: 220

Installed VS; 5 points grounding...

↡ Advertisement