Malaysia: Road Trip to Desaru.....

Ticklish8

I've mentioned it a few times but for me Sungei Rengitt seafood is a singapore tourist trap.

Rather than drive there why not take the road back to Kota Tingi and when you see the sign to Telok Sengat then follow that and go to the seafood restaurant just up the hill from the sea front.

Very nice food.

But But....to drive from the resort back to kota tinggi like beri far lei. [sweatdrop]

Telok Sengat........is along the road leading towards sg riggnit right ? Rougly how man KM or driving time from the resort or from the right turn off from the johor-mersing road ? ? Firefly tour is here too ?

Edited by Hiphiphoray
↡ Advertisement

I've mentioned it a few times but for me Sungei Rengitt seafood is a singapore tourist trap.

Rather than drive there why not take the road back to Kota Tingi and when you see the sign to Telok Sengat then follow that and go to the seafood restaurant just up the hill from the sea front.

Very nice food.

bro,do u mean once i turn in to Telok Sengat,it is straight all the way?no turns?are there any landmarks i should look out for?

Ok in Dec when i drive in and stay at Lotus , I will try....

Shouldn't be a problem, if get lost ask my uncle who live in Kota Tinggi for direction... come back will give my review.... [cool]

Telok Sengat is B4 Desaru somewhere at Air Tawar.....if not mistaken near the croc farm.

If it is near Air Tawar is is about 15-20 minutes away from Desaru the distance almost the same if you go to Sungei Rengit...... that is in the opposite direction.

But But....to drive from the resort back to kota tinggi like beri far lei. [sweatdrop]

Telok Sengat........is along the road leading towards sg riggnit right ? Rougly how man KM or driving time from the resort or from the right turn off from the johor-mersing road ? ? Firefly tour is here too ?

went there last sun to recce the place for my family holiday.As it was a recce,i explored all possibilities of exploration.The highway is yet to be completed.As for now,the Desaru highway ends at Masai.The toll up to Masai is about RM4.80.So expect it to be more if wanna reach till Desaru.

Took the old route past K.Tinggi.Lotus is definitely easy to find once you pass the BIG petronas station.Went in,ask for a few brochures and explored the place.Definitely,the theme park is still under construction.

Off we went towards the beach.

There's a clubhouse with the - swimming pool *nice and clean!

- games room(board games&table tennis)*air-conditioned

- air-con gym

- child care room with female babysitter(TV showing cartoons,air-con,kiddie games aka Little Tikes toys)

- Bicycle rentals (tandem and single bikes available)

- ballroom

- restaurant (bfast,lunch&dinner) *in-house food.buffet style

Beach - Big and clean.Good waves and windy.There's quite a few beach activities you can do.*Beach volleyball,banana boat,jetski,kayaking.There's even an open shower to rinse off the saltwater.

What I like best is the customer service.Always obliging and very polite.That is even though they knew that I'm there to only recce.Parking is safe as it is within view of the rooms and reception.

The only thing that bugs me is that if you wanna eat outside of the resort,it's quite a drive away.(not too far though,about 15-20 mins leisure drive.)Coz literally could see nothing outside of the resort.

I drove to Telok Sengat to have my lunch.The assam pedas by the beach was awesome!Fresh fish some more!

However,have booked a room on the 21st for my mum-in-law birthday and also for a weekend getaway.This time will see whether try the seafood @ S.Renggit(but some bros here said it's expensive) or just have the steamboat dinner in the resort itself.

Will come back to post FR & pictures for interested bros here.

Edited by Ryanyusoff

Is there still a such service as driving car to a ship and have it ferry across to Desaru? Like board at Changi somewhere. Thinking of going but not driving all the way from Causeway.

Telok Sengat is B4 Desaru somewhere at Air Tawar.....if not mistaken near the croc farm.

If it is near Air Tawar is is about 15-20 minutes away from Desaru the distance almost the same if you go to Sungei Rengit...... that is in the opposite direction.

oh icic. Thanks for heads up.

Im planning to book the accommodations for the long christimas weekend period. ^_^

Is there still a such service as driving car to a ship and have it ferry across to Desaru? Like board at Changi somewhere. Thinking of going but not driving all the way from Causeway.

Ferry for cars to desaru have been terminated for some time liao. No more in service.

Ferry for personnel is still available tho. The jetty is quite far from the resort........i assume taking the local taxi will probably take 45mins to 1hr.

Wow, u just go there to recce?

.... then u should drive to Bandar Penawar, just 5 minutes away for lunch, u have to turn left before the Petronas station ...there is a Medan Selera there to eat for simple lunch.

Customer service - new so must be polite... [thumbsup]

went there last sun to recce the place for my family holiday.As it was a recce,i explored all possibilities of exploration.The highway is yet to be completed.As for now,the Desaru highway ends at Masai.The toll up to Masai is about RM4.80.So expect it to be more if wanna reach till Desaru.

Took the old route past K.Tinggi.Lotus is definitely easy to find once you pass the BIG petronas station.Went in,ask for a few brochures and explored the place.Definitely,the theme park is still under construction.

Off we went towards the beach.

There's a clubhouse with the - swimming pool *nice and clean!

- games room(board games&table tennis)*air-conditioned

- air-con gym

- child care room with female babysitter(TV showing cartoons,air-con,kiddie games aka Little Tikes toys)

- Bicycle rentals (tandem and single bikes available)

- ballroom

- restaurant (bfast,lunch&dinner) *in-house food.buffet style

Beach - Big and clean.Good waves and windy.There's quite a few beach activities you can do.*Beach volleyball,banana boat,jetski,kayaking.There's even an open shower to rinse off the saltwater.

What I like best is the customer service.Always obliging and very polite.That is even though they knew that I'm there to only recce.Parking is safe as it is within view of the rooms and reception.

The only thing that bugs me is that if you wanna eat outside of the resort,it's quite a drive away.(not too far though,about 15-20 mins leisure drive.)Coz literally could see nothing outside of the resort.

I drove to Telok Sengat to have my lunch.The assam pedas by the beach was awesome!Fresh fish some more!

However,have booked a room on the 21st for my mum-in-law birthday and also for a weekend getaway.This time will see whether try the seafood @ S.Renggit(but some bros here said it's expensive) or just have the steamboat dinner in the resort itself.

Will come back to post FR & pictures for interested bros here.

1 bedroom suite, breakfast for 2... but i think can bunk it more hehehehehehe

if u want extra bed and extra breakfast, have to pay RM100.

Edited by Ticklish8

website not ready. here is the rate

1 bedroom suite : RM160 ++ Sunday - Thursday, RM180 Friday - Saturday

2 bedroom suite : RM 260 ++ Sunday - Thursday, RM 280 Friday - Saturday

3 bedroom suite: RM410 ++ Sunday - Thursday, RM 430 Friday - Saturday.

Peak period surcharge or RM100 ++ applies (eve of PH, PH and Festive Season)

Rates are inclusive of breakfast for 2, 4, 6 for 1,2,3 bedroom suites.

Tel +6 07 884 2800.