Malaysia: Road Trip to Desaru.....

Ticklish8

bro...how big is the 1 bedroom suite?... cos i was tinking of going wif my parents...so for adults...n if can fit all in i suite comfortably, then i can save n not get a 2 bedroom suite.

↡ Advertisement

Looks good! Planning to bring my wife and 4mth old baby for a short road trip to desaru in Dec..do you have Lotus Desaru email so I can check availability? Their website is under construction and only the overseas no. is indicated. For breakfast, is it buffet? Also, may I ask what is the current petrol ruling for foreign cars in Msia now?

i went to bandar penawar thinking of lunch.but ironically only 2 shops are open at the medan selera.not much choice..

as for the customer service,it's better than poor customer service mah..

Edited by Ryanyusoff

Each room entitled to 2 FOC buffet bfast.and they have buffet breakfast at RM20 for additional guests.

So far no petrol ruling for foreign cars in MY.only need to topup 3/4 tank before passing SG customs. [smash]

to ryan

the nearest town nearby is a semi-ghost town. the hawker centre is open but only about 3 or 4 stalls are open. if sick of hotel food can dabao from there. however there are grocery shops in the town selling kids' swim attire, floats and kites if you're looking. also, were the beach activities on when you were there last week? eg jetski/parasailing/banana boat... its the monsoon season.. they might be closed but the equipment still there giving the wrong impression

Edited by Karoon

Yeah Desaru is rather quiet thus having much privacy. The town area not much makan either but if bros here going in on a Sat there's a mini pasar malam (kinda like only a 50m row of makeshift tentage stalls) near the town centre and the police station where the hawker centre is located. Can buy some tidbits like fried chicken, ramli burger, mee goreng etc. The pasar malam only 1 nite so do take note.

For me, when I go desaru i usually go over to Kota Tinggi for the waterfalls, then when driving back to hotel will dabao some food at KT town or near the KT turn exit towards desaru, got some lovely and delicious satay too...yum yum...and also some stalls selling seafood and proper meals like rice/noodles/soup etc.

Other alternatives would be to eat at the hotel restaurant but it was kinda expensive and the variety was nothing to shout about. Only thing i remember is the bbq buffet on Valentines Day which was quite good. [rolleyes]

Edited by Berncsp76

finally managed to get their rates by fax yesterday. booked a 2 bedroom suite. price is 322RM, but cos of the PH, got surcharge of 115RM...so total 437RM for 1 nite. booked 2 nites. but now mayb hv to cancel due to change in plans.

the price is stil reasonable...but dunno for how long. cos they indicate its promo price.

thanks Ryan. any idea if the 2 bedroom consists of double beds in both rooms or one of them is a twin bed? going with another couple friend and so we r wondering whethr to take 2 x 1 bedroom or 1 x 2 bedroom...am bringing my baby so will need a doubke room.

hi shorty,

may i know if any deposit is required for the reservation? oh by the way, can u share the rates that they faxed you? am planning to go in 2nd wk dec. [nod]

the following rates were posted earlier previously and it seems different from yours:

1 bedroom suite : RM160 ++ Sunday - Thursday, RM180 Friday - Saturday

2 bedroom suite : RM 260 ++ Sunday - Thursday, RM 280 Friday - Saturday

3 bedroom suite: RM410 ++ Sunday - Thursday, RM 430 Friday - Saturday.

Peak period surcharge or RM100 ++ applies (eve of PH, PH and Festive Season)

Rates are inclusive of breakfast for 2, 4, 6 for 1,2,3 bedroom suites.

Tel +6 07 884 2800.

no need deposit...

the plus plus is 10 percent tax plus 5 tax so about 15 percent more...so that why different... they have rm100 or RM115 net for PH, eve public holiday... take note