Malaysia: Road Trip to Desaru.....

Ticklish8

The map on their Pistachio Bakery Facebook page is their store in JB. They opened a branch in Bandar Penawar, just 5-10 mins from the resort area.

OIC.

I used to work in Desaru 26 years ago on the failed US$ 4 billion development.

Been back regularly but yesterday was the first time in a couple of years.

Drove in over the Causeway  and back through Second Link.

Didn't take exact timings butI thought the Secind Link was about 30 minutes faster and you don't have to twiddle thumb for as long in the Custom queue.

Any body believe that Second Link is deffo faster.

I followed the E-22 all the way to Senai ish before joining the Second Link road.

Just looking at a map it looks like getting off the E-22 at Ulu Tiram onto the AH - 18 and then onto the Pasir Gudang Highway might well be quicker but I'm not sure if the connections between the roads have been built.

Maybe even get on the Pasir Gudang Highway much nearer the big bridge over the river.

Anyone got any suggestions for the quickest route???

Going next week.... Think I will follow GPS direction since I am directionally challenged person.  :D

You go which resort?  FYI Lotus desaru got microwave, you can buy some stuff there to microwave if you want to.

I used to work in Desaru 26 years ago on the failed US$ 4 billion development.

Been back regularly but yesterday was the first time in a couple of years.

Drove in over the Causeway  and back through Second Link.

Didn't take exact timings butI thought the Secind Link was about 30 minutes faster and you don't have to twiddle thumb for as long in the Custom queue.

Any body believe that Second Link is deffo faster.

I followed the E-22 all the way to Senai ish before joining the Second Link road.

Just looking at a map it looks like getting off the E-22 at Ulu Tiram onto the AH - 18 and then onto the Pasir Gudang Highway might well be quicker but I'm not sure if the connections between the roads have been built.

Maybe even get on the Pasir Gudang Highway much nearer the big bridge over the river.

Anyone got any suggestions for the quickest route???

You work in Desaru Impian Resort is it?

Pulai, just next door to Lotus.

You go which resort?  FYI Lotus desaru got microwave, you can buy some stuff there to microwave if you want to.

• Praise 1

Pulai got promotion, comes with free extra bed, breakfast and dinner and RM30 pasar malam vouchers.

Lunch, drove out to Penawar town jiak KFC. Jin Ho Jiak, betterer and cheaperer than SG KFC.

Edited by Kangadrool

You think Impian resort was US$4 billion development???? [cool]

Edited by Neutrino

You think Impian resort was US$4 billion development???? [cool]

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Pulai got promotion, comes with free extra bed, breakfast and dinner and RM30 pasar malam vouchers.

Lunch, drove out to Penawar town jiak KFC. Jin Ho Jiak, betterer and cheaperer than SG KFC.

OIC.  That's good.  Enjoy your trip  ya.

Anyone been to Desaru lately?

The new roads (added lanes) from the resorts to Sungai Rengit, has it opened yet?

The single lanes were a pain to use...Last March when i was there, the roads were being widened to 2-3 lanes per direction.

TIA.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The new roads (added lanes) from the resorts to Sungai Rengit, has it opened yet?

The single lanes were a pain to use...Last March when i was there, the roads were being widened to 2-3 lanes per direction.

TIA.

still.. got to be careful of potholes.. drive slower so that u got time to react when u see one far away.

• Praise 2

TIA.

Is there new road to sungai rengit? Was there last month, don't see any new road to sungai rengit, but lots of potholes...

Is there new road to sungai rengit? Was there last month, don't see any new road to sungai rengit, but lots of potholes...

From Petronas station onwards, they are already building the new road which i last saw in March, its on right side if heading towards Sungai Rengit.

Yeah, potholes are everywhere on the single lane road since i first travel to Desaru in 2005, its really dangerous to drive, esp in the night.

That's why i ask if anyone have updated information whether the new road have open [:p]

Tiagong Pulai Desaru also renovation till Dec 2016?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1