After Tyre Change: Balancing/Rotation or Alignment or Both?

Sabian

uneven wear on rear tyres are affected by many factors such as overinflate/underinflate air pressure, rim warp, incorrect balancing, suspension, irregular or no rotate n balance. the practice and proven of performing front 2 wheel balancing has been going on for so many yrs and majority of car owners has no such problem. Of course as i said, to have a peace of mind, pamper the tyres abit and dun mind paying abit more for the effort, one can always opt for all 4 wheels to be balance when comes to rotate and balance maintenance....:)

Actually the cost would have pay off in terms of better driveability and safety on the road since the tyres are the car's only contact with the road.

↡ Advertisement

[laugh] 

hi bros, if I move my rim and tyres together to another car do I need balancing?

if I were you I will pay for it since I am there workshop, because at the same time to double check the condition of the rim and tires.

to me Once you have doubt just go for it (it not going to cost you bomb ? [laugh]

also at the same time you tire mechanic can help make sure your rims fits properly to another car (items like mounting nuts , center hub adaptor etc

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

if I were you I will pay for it since I am there workshop, because at the same time to double check the condition of the rim and tires.

to me Once you have doubt just go for it (it not going to cost you bomb ? [laugh]

also at the same time you tire mechanic can help make sure your rims fits properly to another car (items like mounting nuts , center hub adaptor etc

wanted to do it but the workshop which the dealer bring me to charge $100 for wheels swap and balancing... before hand I called and someone from the workshop say $20 only... so buay song do there..

wanted to do it but the workshop which the dealer bring me to charge $100 for wheels swap and balancing... before hand I called and someone from the workshop say $20 only... so buay song do there..

no need to be buay song, 

did you ask $20 how they do?

and $100 how they do?

Neutral Newbie

nope.. when he say $100, I asked him only swap tyres how much he say $50... so felt he wanna carrot me already.. so don't really consider doing extra stuff over there

nope.. when he say $100, I asked him only swap tyres how much he say $50... so felt he wanna carrot me already.. so don't really consider doing extra stuff over there

sorry for my stupid assumption

you asked only swap tyres/tires how much ?

my understanding is the wheel or rim stay and separate tires from rim and swap the 8 tires ?

or tires with rims(without remove from rims ) swap ? 

above 2 diff scenarios , second simple swap ?

first more work ?

anyway is good that you clarify it before they proceed. 

it is a free market , every establishment run diff   

JUst MHO

question for those still using the older Michelin Pilot Super Sports tyre. 

Does the thread pattern allow PSS to be swapped from the left<>right ?  eg rear left >> rear right, anf vice versa.  Any issue?

question for those still using the older Michelin Pilot Super Sports tyre. 

Does the thread pattern allow PSS to be swapped from the left<>right ?  eg rear left >> rear right, anf vice versa.  Any issue?

pilot super sport is an Asymmetric pattern design= can be used for any corner of your car. 

Only workshop person need to know how to put this tire on the wheel ,(outside and inside)

• Praise 2

pilot super sport is an Asymmetric pattern design= can be used for any corner of your car. 

Only workshop person need to know how to put this tire on the wheel ,(outside and inside)

Your explanation too complicated.

Simplistically, left tyre has to be removed left rim and reinstall in right rim.

↡ Advertisement