Corolla AE101

Editt

Perhaps you can try indonesia... For your infomation all FR Toyota cars using A series and E series engine can fit.

Hmmm...good idea! Any contacts over there? As of now, I can't change from 4th to 3rd without blipping throttle to match revs first. Think very soon will be up the lorry [:(]

↡ Advertisement

Perhaps you can try mudah.com.my they might have it.

Thanks mate! That site has a veritable treasure trove of stuff for my car! Got a few leads already but had the time to follow-up on them yet. Gears still usable so I'll be fine for now lah. Thanks again!

Yeah true. Expensive too! Been to several in JB and even all the way up in Klang...no luck thus far! Gonna try East Malaysia next.

Why dont you use the AE111 ones??

Hi everyone,

I know this is a sarlet forum, but can I ask if any workshop has and able to do a engine swap for AE101 (corolla) to 4AGE 20V engine?

Thanks

Starlet is still a Toyota, so you've actually come to the right place. I'm an ex AE86 driver.(also in the Starlet forum)

Just for Info, 20V 4AGE is an AE111 model Toyota Levin FF.

But it can be retrofitted for FR. Only problem is that the VVTI is on the opposite side of the engine as compared to the 16V 4AGE

Hi all bro's, pls help to look for ae101 6 speed manual gearbox, thinking to change it because my stock gearbox going to spoil liao, thanks very much!

6 speed manual gearbox dont belong to an AE101.....

Think cannot 'cos mine is rear wheel drive.

Think Starlet GT solved it. He told me the story. So will end my reply here. Anything PM or call! [sly]

sigh... I miss my AE86

Think Starlet GT solved it. He told me the story. So will end my reply here. Anything PM or call! [sly]

sigh... I miss my AE86

Thanks for trying to help anyway! It's the thought that counts!

Though the AE has lotsa problems, I've enjoyed ownership thoroughly and plan to continue for as long as I can. Even if have to re-new COE, if I've still got a stable job, I will DO IT!!

Thanks for trying to help anyway! It's the thought that counts!

Though the AE has lotsa problems, I've enjoyed ownership thoroughly and plan to continue for as long as I can. Even if have to re-new COE, if I've still got a stable job, I will DO IT!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................problems???????

NO MAN!!!! Once you know where to start... you'll eliminate all problems from the car.... then your ride will be exceptional. All except my current cars were Toyota's! And i must say, they were problem free! Except a few oil leaks and some minor faults!

AE86, EP80, ZRE142, AT190...... they were all awesome!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................problems???????

NO MAN!!!! Once you know where to start... you'll eliminate all problems from the car.... then your ride will be exceptional. All except my current cars were Toyota's! And i must say, they were problem free! Except a few oil leaks and some minor faults!

AE86, EP80, ZRE142, AT190...... they were all awesome!

YES MAN! From wiring problems which caused all manner of breakdowns, to worn bushings, to oil leaks, to bearings/axl failure, ECU out of tune, to the current clunking suspension and gearbox problems!

Haha! Started 3 years ago, now still fixing! Nothing major, but parts are hard to find and expensive too. Overall, still manage to maintain in acceptable driving condition lar :D

YES MAN! From wiring problems which caused all manner of breakdowns, to worn bushings, to oil leaks, to bearings/axl failure, ECU out of tune, to the current clunking suspension and gearbox problems!

Haha! Started 3 years ago, now still fixing! Nothing major, but parts are hard to find and expensive too. Overall, still manage to maintain in acceptable driving condition lar :D

hahahah... ooooh! That I totally understand! Once you've narrowed it down to the minute details, the ride will be awesome! Took me 2 years to finally set up the EP80 Starlet.. and once it was done... AWESOME! :wub:

hahahah... ooooh! That I totally understand! Once you've narrowed it down to the minute details, the ride will be awesome! Took me 2 years to finally set up the EP80 Starlet.. and once it was done... AWESOME! :wub:

Yah lar, lots of fine tuning to do. Hope I'll have enough time & money to get everything done soon. Just wanna get it as road worthy as possible can already. No need to be high spec/performance as I'm not going racing or anything like that.

Yah lar, lots of fine tuning to do. Hope I'll have enough time & money to get everything done soon. Just wanna get it as road worthy as possible can already. No need to be high spec/performance as I'm not going racing or anything like that.

[laugh] my Starlet was originally proposed for a track car for super mini category.....

[cool]

But, yes, I do get what you mean....

[laugh] my Starlet was originally proposed for a track car for super mini category.....

[cool]

But, yes, I do get what you mean....

WoW! No wonder you're the Hand of God! [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

WoW! No wonder you're the Hand of God! [drivingcar]

Yup hand of god indeed..... (Thinking it the dirty way) lolx

↡ Advertisement